Contest - The Players Championship [Spoilers]

Pretty interesting mixed bag for Kuchar, especially in terms of shafts (http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/201...char-bridgesteone-players-championship.html):
DRIVER: Bridgestone J40 (9.5°) with a Graphite Design DJ-6X shaft
FAIRWAY WOODS: TaylorMade Burner (14.5°) with a Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 73X shaft
HYBRIDS: Ping i15 (20°, 23°) with Matrix Ozik Program 95 shafts
IRONS: Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back (5-PW) with SteelFiber i95 Constant Weight S shafts
WEDGES: Bridgestone J40 (52°, 60°) and Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled (62°) with True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shafts
PUTTERS: Rife Barbados Belly
BALL: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I am honestly surprised, and I don't know why, that Kuch swings an X flex. I wonder what the number of players swinging S flex is on Tour.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

I am honestly surprised, and I don't know why, that Kuch swings an X flex. I wonder what the number of players swinging S flex is on Tour.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

I would think few swing stiff. My Ss is similar to kuch, amd I was fit into x flex

Tapin for bird

So how high on the badass scale are those black J40's Kuchar is using? Freaking sweet.

--
Tapatalk2

So how high on the badass scale are those black J40's Kuchar is using? Freaking sweet.

--
Tapatalk2

Pretty darn high. I noticed those immediately and was reminded of the disappointment that the Bstone irons aren't available for lefties.

Pretty darn high. I noticed those immediately and was reminded of the disappointment that the Bstone irons aren't available for lefties.

Ouch, the cold hand of life dealt a rough blow there.

--
Tapatalk2

Ouch, the cold hand of life dealt a rough blow there.

--
Tapatalk2

Oh well. My Ci11s are beautiful and work very well. Will have to show my support to Bstone with their balls.

--
Tapatalk2
I want them. Freakin' sweet.

I would think few swing stiff. My Ss is similar to kuch, amd I was fit into x flex

Tapin for bird

What is Kuch's? I forgot what it said on the Bridgestone commercial. I was thinking 108 or somewhere near there. I could be wrong.

Not to :deadhorse:, but I just wanted to say, Kevin Na did NOT deserve the gruff and crap he was getting on the course today. Look, we ranted here, we raved here, and some of us vowed not to watch today, simply because his mannerisms drove us insane. But I doubt a single one of us would go to the course and mock, ridicule, heckle, and belittle another golfer, ANY golfer. We just don't roll like that at THP!. The stuff he had to deal with today is below the belt and several golf "fans" out there should be ashamed of themselves. I genuinely like Kevin Na, and he obviously has a decent amount of talent to compete, and put me in the camp hoping he gets his demons or whatever figured out. I think he has the personality and the approachability, to be fine player on tour. I walked with him in the final round of the 2010 BMW Championship, with Ernie Els, and yeah, it was slow, but he was a good guy and I enjoyed myself simply because he was a cool guy. From a fairness factor, I hope it all works out for him and the players he plays with. Because it is either that, or grow the thickest skin in the world, because last I checked, there were quite a few idiots that go to golf events and yell stupid stuff. I tip my hat to Kevin Na for competing, with all that was going on in that head of his, and all he had to deal with today from small pockets of idiots.

Cool to see Kuch get the win. I was pulling for Rickie at the end there. Because he plays AMP.

What is Kuch's? I forgot what it said on the Bridgestone commercial. I was thinking 108 or somewhere near there. I could be wrong.

Not to :deadhorse:, but I just wanted to say, Kevin Na did NOT deserve the gruff and crap he was getting on the course today. Look, we ranted here, we raved here, and some of us vowed not to watch today, simply because his mannerisms drove us insane. But I doubt a single one of us would go to the course and mock, ridicule, heckle, and belittle another golfer, ANY golfer. We just don't roll like that at THP!. The stuff he had to deal with today is below the belt and several golf "fans" out there should be ashamed of themselves. I genuinely like Kevin Na, and he obviously has a decent amount of talent to compete, and put me in the camp hoping he gets his demons or whatever figured out. I think he has the personality and the approachability, to be fine player on tour. I walked with him in the final round of the 2010 BMW Championship, with Ernie Els, and yeah, it was slow, but he was a good guy and I enjoyed myself simply because he was a cool guy. From a fairness factor, I hope it all works out for him and the players he plays with. Because it is either that, or grow the thickest skin in the world, because last I checked, there were quite a few idiots that go to golf events and yell stupid stuff. I tip my hat to Kevin Na for competing, with all that was going on in that head of his, and all he had to deal with today from small pockets of idiots.

Not that I thought what the fans did today was cool BUT - players get heckled at events like the Ryder Cup all the time. Is it more appropriate in that setting?

Not that I thought what the fans did today was cool BUT - players get heckled at events like the Ryder Cup all the time. Is it more appropriate in that setting?

I think heckling on the course is stupid and rude, PERIOD, no matter what tournament, no matter what stakes. This is, ultimately, supposed to be a gentleman's game, and these people have seemingly completely forgotten that.

I think public heckling is kind of.........moronic to begin with, especially in golf. And that is putting it as nicely as possible. But that is just personal opinion on the hobby. That being said, Na made himself a magnet for it with his mannerisms on the course, but that doesn't give people the green light to act like tools. Ryder Cup? Eh. It's a different beast. As much as Na annoyed me, I wouldn't go to the course and heckle him, just so I can fit in and feel cool by kicking a guy while he is down.

But I doubt a single one of us would go to the course and mock, ridicule, heckle, and belittle another golfer, ANY golfer. We just don't roll like that at THP!

Yeah, we save all that for the internet, where it belongs.:alien:

I think public heckling is kind of.........moronic to begin with, especially in golf. And that is putting it as nicely as possible. But that is just personal opinion on the hobby. That being said, Na made himself a magnet for it with his mannerisms on the course, but that doesn't give people the green light to act like tools. Ryder Cup? Eh. It's a different beast. As much as Na annoyed me, I wouldn't go to the course and heckle him, just so I can fit in and feel cool by kicking a guy while he is down.

I don't disagree. I thought it was a little lame today. And I do understand that the Ryder Cup is a little bit different but, in my opinion, the heckling is part of what makes it so great. And I think a lot of the time the players themselves would even agree. It's just a bit different today because Na is clearly battling some stuff - just was a bit tasteless. However, timely heckling even has its place in golf in my opinion!

Yeah, we save all that for the internet, where it belongs.:alien:

That's right! I am also critical of Lindsey Lohan being a complete waste of a human being, but I don't lurk in the bushes and shout obscenities at her as she walks by. LOL.

Sooooo it's okay to do it online (which 99% of people were doing yesterday) but not do it to his face? THP is full of Keyboard gangsters is what your saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooooo it's okay to do it online (which 99% of people were doing yesterday) but not do it to his face? THP is full of Keyboard gangsters is what your saying?

Its called tact. I would tell it to him to his face. However I wouldn't do it after the guy just hit it in the water during a round.

Calm down fella.

I don't disagree. I thought it was a little lame today. And I do understand that the Ryder Cup is a little bit different but, in my opinion, the heckling is part of what makes it so great. And I think a lot of the time the players themselves would even agree. It's just a bit different today because Na is clearly battling some stuff - just was a bit tasteless. However, timely heckling even has its place in golf in my opinion!

Well, as Na said, a few times, the heckling WAS the reason he backed away today. You are heckling a guy, and causing him to do, what you are heckling him about? It seems that really defeats the purpose of heckling. As if heckling him from five feet away is going to improve his focus and make him play faster. Hello?

Dude, relax. Seriously. I am not taking the bait, so fish elsewhere.

Well, as Na said, a few times, the heckling WAS the reason he backed away today. You are heckling a guy, and causing him to do, what you are heckling him about? It seems that really defeats the purpose of heckling. As if heckling him from five feet away is going to improve his focus and make him play faster. Hello?

I agree! Like I said, it just wasn't the situation for heckling today with Na.

But, heck, give me some good old fashioned heckling at Medinah from September 25-30th. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

I agree! Like I said, it just wasn't the situation for heckling today with Na.

But, heck, give me some good old fashioned heckling at Medinah from September 25-30th. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

I fully expect it at the Ryder Cup. The whole America vs Europe just ratchets things up a tad and I wouldn't necessarily disown anyone for taking a bit of pride in country and trying to get in the head of the opposing player. However, I don't share the enthusiasm of those that go to these events, with the sole purpose of heckling first, and watching golf second.

Speaking of Ryder Cup, Na moves up to 17th in the standings. You imagine a singles match vs Sergio? Waggle n step away vs waggle n regrip. :eek:

I definitely got lucky with kuch as well but didn't have any on there. Oh well good enough having picked the winner non the less

Back