Curious Question. Poll Added

• Yes, I use the "Ignore User" filter

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No, I don't use the "Ignore User" filter

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • What is the "Ignore User" filter???

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
ive never used it. ive been tempted to use it with one member (who doesnt post here anymore anyway), but i also didnt want to miss what kind of junk he would post next

Nope...only because my curiosity gets ahold of me and I need to read the posts. However, I did use it once on a member here, but he was banned about a month back...problem solved!

Yeah, there's been one or two people who have irked me here and elsewhere, but I'd rather skim the drivel than risk a missed opportunity to slap back!

I've used it before but the member I was using it for doesn't post anymore.

Nope...only because my curiosity gets ahold of me and I need to read the posts. However, I did use it once on a member here, but he was banned about a month back...problem solved!

Same here on both accounts, doubt anyone will be able to read this though:comp:

I never really thought to ignore anyone. I am more into lurking around the site then posting sometimes so I enjoy seeing what other people post. There were a few people quite a while ago that I didn't really care for what they had to say but they don't really post here anymore so it's all good.

I have a confession - someone put me on ignore at another forum. He made a big deal out of posting that he couldn't hear me every time I posted. Eventually, we became friends - through private messages. Sometimes posts can be open to interpretation because the written word lacks the nuances of the spoken word. Smilies help, but they're not the same as hearing someone's tone of voice or seeing their facial expressions.

I have a confession - someone put me on ignore at another forum. He made a big deal out of posting that he couldn't hear me every time I posted. Eventually, we became friends - through private messages. Sometimes posts can be open to interpretation because the written word lacks the nuances of the spoken word. Smilies help, but they're not the same as hearing someone's tone of voice or seeing their facial expressions.

Sometimes open to interpretation, sometimes no doubt as to the poster's obnoxiousness quotient. But not here, thank goodness. The worst thing I've ever been able to say about a fellow member here (and very few of them at that) is "boring."

I have a confession - someone put me on ignore at another forum. . . Eventually, we became friends . . .

We never became friends! haha

Har har har dee har har!

If you put someone on ignore, what happens? Do you see their avatar, but nothing written? Or is there just nothing?

Try it and see. You can take them back off ignore right away.

Try it and see. You can take them back off ignore right away.

Oooh, Smalls, consider yourself ignored!

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't figure out how. This experiment is quickly becoming not worth it.

Ha!

The white period is a nice touch! I was going to ask how you managed a three letter post, but saw it when I hit "quote"...thought you had special privileges or something!

Alright Smalls, you're on the ignore list. This is what appears:

Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM
Remove user from ignore list
Smallville
This message is hidden because Smallville is on your ignore list.

The forum is suddenly a lot slimmer...

Try putting JB on ignore! You might not have to scroll to get through ANY thread! hehe

Back