Cut my handicap in half

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Would imagine if youadhere to your plan. You Can Do It. Good Luck.

That is a great plan you laid out. I may have to “borrow” your plan. I have been taking weekly small group lessons with 1 or 2 other golfers at each lesson. I need to mix in more practice time and that way I can see my cap drop as well. Went from 26.5 last year to 21.1 this year. I really want to get it down under 15 before spring.

Awesome plan you've got! Will enjoy following along in envy (sort of 😂) You're planning to cut your handicap in half in the same time frame where I won't touch a club LOL

F*ck dude, just buy an eraser....😎
Growing up my grandpa had a shirt that said “I never lose in bowling. I keep score!” This reminded me of his bowling shirt 😂

That’s a great plan. What is your plan to keep yourself accountable during the sessions? Lots of note taking? Gaming each drill with scores to track?
Plan the first few weeks is to just get in the habit of going and doing it. After that, I have a journal from my coach where I will gamify it and keep scores. Track progress and introduce pressure during practice situations to replicate on course pressure.

That is a great plan you laid out. I may have to “borrow” your plan. I have been taking weekly small group lessons with 1 or 2 other golfers at each lesson. I need to mix in more practice time and that way I can see my cap drop as well. Went from 26.5 last year to 21.1 this year. I really want to get it down under 15 before spring.
My drop from 21 to 18 was with minimal practice and mainly playing. You got this!

Awesome plan you've got! Will enjoy following along in envy (sort of 😂) You're planning to cut your handicap in half in the same time frame where I won't touch a club LOL
I pay my sunshine tax to be able to work on this 😂

Having a plan is the first step man! Get after it!

@Jtubb17 you easily have this my man. With a solid plan like you have and dedication you will be there easy. Good and bad days happen keep pressing forward with it.

Love it and look forward to following along on your journey.

I’m both rooting for your progress while I’m envious of your progress. I made it down into the 16s last year only to see it go back up into the 18s after the Morgan Cup and through most of this year. I’m attributing it to playing too much instead of a solid practice regime (I’ve been playing 3 and sometimes 4 days a week since I’ve retired).
I think your practice routine coupled with 1 or 2 rounds a week is a better plan. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Best of luck to you @Jtubb17, it'll be fun to follow along on your journey. Sounds like you're aiming at coming into the West Coast Swing-Off in April locked and loaded!

Best of luck to you @Jtubb17, it'll be fun to follow along on your journey. Sounds like you're aiming at coming into the West Coast Swing-Off in April locked and loaded!
Only problem is we’re playing in January 😆

Love the plan, and I’ll be following along. You can do this.

Round 1 is up today on the journey. I got to the course early to make sure I can warm up. I’ll be playing the white tees today. Never played here before.
IMG_3144_compressed_2023_11_03_114431.jpeg

When you play are you playing with any low handicaps or just randoms? I think that playing with better golfers really helps you to focus and also see and learn how they are hitting certain shots or playing certain holes. This can go a long way towards playing better.

Here you go:
Handi ✂️ cap cut in half.

Normally I’d be Green. I like to play around 6300-6500 yards
Cool. What course is this? Going off the card, it looks fun no matter which tees you are playing.

Cool. What course is this? Going off the card, it looks fun no matter which tees you are playing.
It’s called Canyon Crest Country club. Pretty nice conditions out here. Greens are fast!

Back