Dear Abby: SWF24-To Join Golf Group

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Dear Abby (aka THP),

During each spring daylight savings time months, there are 3 of us from work (married men, mid to late 30's) that take off on a Wednesday and get 18 holes of golf in. It's been something we've done for the past 4-5 years now. We then hit a local bar for the 19th hole.

Recently, we hired a 'woman' who is 24 young years old, single and not seriously dating right now, that played golf in college (small) and can usually shoot in the high 70's or low 80's from the white tees. She is easy on the eyes and does wear the up to date golf attire that is out there for women (the good stuff). This I know, because the elder in our group invited her to play about a month ago at our country club with us.

Soooooooo, the elder walks into my office today and says, "Man, can't wait till Heather starts playing with us come next spring." Next thing I know, Dion Sanders and his fairy wings are buzzing in my ear saying, "Wake Up Fool, you know you can't be doing that, what is your wife going to say about this......Oh, and It's On!"

He had a point. How is this going to look to my wife, the mother of my 3 beautiful girls, back at home, watching them, feeding them, bathing them so I could be playing the sport that I also so love.........and now sharing this love with a young 24 year old girl that is still oblivious to the real world.

Is it wrong? Should I not worry? Tell the wife if it ends up happening? Don't say anything? Yes, I know it's just golf but from a woman's point of view......is it?

I think you're reading way too much into this. Unless you have a thing for this girl, what does it matter? She's likely not into any of you guys except as a golf partner anyway. Definitely don't hide the fact that she's playing from your wife.

You need to have a sit down with your buddies and talk this over. My wife probably wouldn't mind, but I'm 50 years old. No young woman is going to be interested in me.

Kevin

Can I play?

I think you're reading way too much into this. Unless you have a thing for this girl, what does it matter? She's likely not into any of you guys except as a golf partner anyway. Definitely don't hide the fact that she's playing from your wife.

THIS!! Smallie hit it on the head! Tell the wife

Honesty is always the best policy and will keep you out of trouble :thumb:

I'll play. I don't have a wife. :D

I wouldn't worry about it. Just tell your wife and I'm sure she won't mind. It's just a golfing partner.

Ok, just reverse the situation and there's your answer. If it was your wife with two female co-workers going bowling every Wednesday and then to the bar for a drink afterwards, would it be ok if a good looking male co-worker goes? Would you want her to hide that from you or tell you?

Ditch the wife and preserve your low handicap. This new girl might appreciate the low handicap and let you practice and play whenever you want.

Play play pool several days a week with young single ladies at the local bar/pool hall, but then again at over 50 I don't think Liz is ever too worried, haha. The right thing is be honest and let your wife tell you what she thinks about it.

Tough one. I would definitely tell her and be as honest as possible. If she is ok with it, enjoy your new golfing friend. Everyone is different and every relationship is different. I wouldn't feel bad about enjoying the golf though, whether it is with her or a 90 year old grandpa. KellyBo brought up a good point. If you guys are comfortable enough in your relationship that you wouldn't mind your wife sharing a hobbie with a dude, game on man!

I don't get it, you married this woman had 3 kids with her, I think at this point she trust you. Go play golf.

--
tapatalk

I don't get it, you married this woman had 3 kids with her, I think at this point she trust you. Go play golf.

--
tapatalk

Yah I agree with SW , it seems like you are feeling guilty about something, and its more than playing golf with an attractive woman. Perhaps you have some feelings.

These posts are uncomfortable.

Sounds like you have the hots for the office girl and are projecting these onto the wife. If you are that infatuated you probably shouldn't play with her. You'll make it awkward.

Nathaniel, if I had a regular golf group of dudes, I don't believe I'd let a chick join in. I have no problem with chicks, or golfing chicks, I just choose to have my golf trips and "regular" rounds remain with the fellas. I would probably raise your concerns to the rest of the group, then if the young chicky is in fact in the group, you have to tell the wifey.

--
tapatalk

Boom! I think you can end the thread right there.

I know what your sayin...hot chick that if you werr single you would take to pound town in a heart beat. I say play golf. If its too much for you then dont go back. Dont tell the wife. If its a concern now then its because you know your wife better than we do. If you play and all you can think about is doing her then walk away...odds are you will try to do her. Good luck...glad i am not in your shoes

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This might just make a solid HOTD video. Just sayin...

Nathaniel, I agree with Duey, we need to see this young lady. You must sneak some pics of her at work and post them here so we can be better educated to help you with your dilemma.

I like where this thread is heading

Pretty drastic turn of events.....

Nathaniel, is that your wife in your avatar. If so, why do you ever leave the house?

I know what your sayin...hot chick that if you werr single you would take to pound town in a heart beat. I say play golf. If its too much for you then dont go back. Dont tell the wife. If its a concern now then its because you know your wife better than we do. If you play and all you can think about is doing her then walk away...odds are you will try to do her. Good luck...glad i am not in your shoes

Are you drinking One-T?

This might just make a solid HOTD video. Just sayin...

Depends on which hole

I best you could find a good one on the front and the back if the course is that nice

Depends on which hole

Back