Demo Day Suggestions - FL Golf Outing

That is correct folks. We have confirmed 3 companies that will have pre-release equipment out there. And a 4th is a strong possibility. We will still have plenty of regular in line products as well.

THE BIRDIE KNOWS ALL!

That is correct folks. We have confirmed 3 companies that will have pre-release equipment out there. And a 4th is a strong possibility. We will still have plenty of regular in line products as well.

THE BIRDIE KNOWS ALL!

Thats just awesome stuff! You know if you were able to get one of those new drivers by that one company that wont send one because that dumb rule about having a sales guy/ representative there, that would be the ultimate birdie. But thats thier loss anyway! Im still impressed with this lineup and I cant wait.

Thats just awesome stuff! You know if you were able to get one of those new drivers by that one company that wont send one because that dumb rule about having a sales guy/ representative there, that would be the ultimate birdie. But thats thier loss anyway! Im still impressed with this lineup and I cant wait.

You will appreciate this. A certain company actually said on the phone "What if we sneak a plain clothes rep in there just to make sure we are promoted properly".

I said are you on pot? No, you cannot do that. Every company abides by the same rules.

You will appreciate this. A certain company actually said on the phone "What if we sneak a plain clothes rep in there just to make sure we are promoted properly".

I said are you on pot? No, you cannot do that. Every company abides by the same rules.

omg. Id like to know exactly what that highlighted part means. Seriously, what does that mean? First no one is going to be promoted more then anyone else. Its a demo day. Im going to promote whoever OEM feels like hitting. What do they think we are going to do? I think its more like a spy. They want to hear what were saying about the product. Hey, if you want to know our thoughts, read the forum, there will be plenty of reviews and write ups. We dont need any salesman there, no thanks! That is just lame. Are you on pot??? lmao

i have faith that cobra will make the right decision and partake in our demo days....i understand their policies, but i think that breaking their own rule just once may be highly beneficial to their brand. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

as far as the others, i'd like to thank the little birdie, b/c this is some very exciting news.

i have to agree with OEM's sentiments, i also have to agree with the "lol @ are you on pot"? that's just classic.

Snake I dont really care about but it would be nice to see Medalist do the right thing for once. They have these new drivers coming out and making some buzz, youd think they would want to get them in my hands lol

Edit: The names of the not so innoecent have been changed for this post! haha

Last edited:
i have faith that cobra will make the right decision and partake in our demo days....i understand their policies, but i think that breaking their own rule just once may be highly beneficial to their brand. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

as far as the others, i'd like to thank the little birdie, b/c this is some very exciting news.

Cobra I dont really care about but it would be nice to see Titleist do the right thing for once. They have these new drivers coming out and making some buzz, youd think they would want to get them in my hands lol

Lets keep in mind that I did not mention any brand names.

Cobra I dont really care about but it would be nice to see Titleist do the right thing for once. They have these new drivers coming out and making some buzz, youd think they would want to get them in my hands lol

i think it would be smart for any company to want to put their equipment in your hands, lmao!!

i'd like to see cobra there myself, it would be a good move for them, and who knows, perhaps some of their stuff may surprise you!!

Lets keep in mind that I did not mention any brand names.

you didn't have to. OEM and i have been on here long enough to know who you're talking about.

you didn't have to. OEM and i have been on here long enough to know who you're talking about.

lol edited my post! But you are right tc

Snake I dont really care about but it would be nice to see Medalist do the right thing for once. They have these new drivers coming out and making some buzz, youd think they would want to get them in my hands lol

Edit: The names of the not so innoecent have been changed for this post! haha

i now have no idea what companies you may be referring to!! hahaha

I want every company out there so that each person can make up their own mind about equipment then report back to everybody else. I just find it odd that only two companies ever say "We dont let gear in golfers hands without a rep or fitter present". WE HAVE A FITTER PRESENT. In fact he is an Acushnet certified fitter at that.

It comes down to control, and lack there of.

i now have no idea what companies you may be referring to!! hahaha

I dont even know what youre talking about!! lmao

So I wonder if any MORE birdies will be whispering before the outing starts???

I want every company out there so that each person can make up their own mind about equipment then report back to everybody else. I just find it odd that only two companies ever say "We dont let gear in golfers hands without a rep or fitter present". WE HAVE A FITTER PRESENT. In fact he is an Acushnet certified fitter at that.

It comes down to control, and lack there of.

i totally spaced that andy is a certified fitter. so, once informed of that, what's the next objection you hear? just seems like there always some excuse, and that in itself makes me leary of their products....not the products themselves, i'm sure they're fine, but when you come across as "unwilling" or "afraid" to put your stuff into our hands, it's suspect at best.

I dont even know what youre talking about!! lmao

So I wonder if any MORE birdies will be whispering before the outing starts???

good question!!!!

i totally spaced that andy is a certified fitter. so, once informed of that, what's the next objection you hear? just seems like there always some excuse, and that in itself makes me leary of their products....not the products themselves, i'm sure they're fine, but when you come across as "unwilling" or "afraid" to put your stuff into our hands, it's suspect at best.

Fitter - check
Salesman - Negative ghostrider
Spy - Negative again on the flyby

I have to agree with you. Makes you wonder and ask yourself "Do I really want to game something that cant sell itself, apparently?"

If a certain brand doesn't want to play by the rules of Demo Day, then so be it. I would say that several other companies sold plenty of equipment (granted 85% of the sales were to OEM - dude, you rock) by playing by the rules of Demo Day, so it is their loss. The first rule of Demo Day is no reps at Demo Day. The second rule of Demo Day is don't let Seth near the launch monitor. :act-up:

Obviously other birdies liked the previous experience enough to send us pre-release stuff this time. Those are the companies I want to be supporting anyway. How many of us now have more than one Spotless Swing Towel as an example. Please don't spend too much time trying to convince them to play by the rules, not worth the effort if they are going to be that way.

I agree with Ad's sentiments here. Let them come if they want but the rules are the rules. Break it for one and you're opening yourself up to a whole new mess. What's up with sending someone in plain clothes... I don't think anyone wants to go to demo day with the golf gestapo hanging around. LOL @ JB with the smoking pot stuff. (Didn't know you had it in ya JB.)

We made the rules up front and they will NOT be broken. Well said AD.

Fantastic stuff guys. I think that metalist and rattle snake are making a mistake. I remember someone asking about Titleist stuff last outing only to learn that they don't let stuff out without their hype machine. I wonder who is their minister of propaganda? Come on you two companies, I am sure you want my business and I can tell you that I probably won't buy until I see some stuff without big brother looking over my back. That is one reason I got rid of my Scotty Cameron.

So I guess policy wise nothing has changed in the response from Cobra, even with the acquisition from Puma (maybe it is not finalized to that point yet).

JB...I'm sure you may have answered this before. Will we get the chance to hit some different hybrid shafts...like the new Miyazaki line?

JB...I'm sure you may have answered this before. Will we get the chance to hit some different hybrid shafts...like the new Miyazaki line?

I honestly am not sure yet. I would assume the new Miyazaki line will be there, but outside of that, I just do not know.

Back