DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys few close friends of mine whom were under my instruction told me about this forum and suggested I check it out. Look forward to discussing new equipment and playing golf.
Welcome. There's a group of us that play all over the area. You'll have to join us sometime.

Last weekend, about 8 of us played in the 1st tournament of the year @ Pecan Valley.

Hey guys few close friends of mine whom were under my instruction told me about this forum and suggested I check it out. Look forward to discussing new equipment and playing golf.

About time you showed up!

Welcome. There's a group of us that play all over the area. You'll have to join us sometime.

Last weekend, about 8 of us played in the 1st tournament of the year @ Pecan Valley.

Yeah Aaron told me about the tournament. Look forward to playing with you guys soon.

Welcome to the group. And by the way, he has many clubs that he owns that he can't swing. I have one in my bag right now. I love it when he buys things that he really doesn't need.
The one you own, but cant swing..

Which reminds me I gotta hit the putting surface. Cant be missing almost "Ace" birdie putts.

Thats easy... just take the putter out of the picture...chip in

He didn't give you the chance. He borrowed back from me for like two months. Said he had someone he wanted to test it.
yeah you have the Cleveland I wanted to test out.

yeah you have the Cleveland I wanted to test out.

You can borrow it almost any time. I haven't spent that much time with it lately. Not my fault either.

He didn't give you the chance. He borrowed back from me for like two months. Said he had someone he wanted to test it.

I tried, we couldnt make it work with the holidays and the ice storm!

We will get this worked out. I know he really wanted you to feel the shaft to see what you thought. I personally think it will be to soft for you, but you can borrow it any time.
Yeah things just go too busy while he still had it. Appreciate the offer though!

I hit that cleveland, I think. with the miyazaki X in it? pretty stout for me, but I don't swing that fast

I had a crazy idea for a fun round... thought I would run it by you guys and see if anyone would dig this sort of thing. I got the idea sort of from an episode of Top Gear (british version) I watched the other day:

Format would be whatever, but something designed for fun. I'm thinking a 2-man scramble with one low and one high handicapper, using the mean handicap of the group as the dividing line. Random draw within those groups for partners. We play one round from the second tees. Lowest net wins... but here's the catch. We all have to play with an ultra-cheap set of clubs. $100 max, excluding shipping and tax. You can find clubs on ebay, in local stores, craigslist, flea markets, whatever. New, used, it doesn't matter, but you have to spend $100 or less on them and you have to get at least 10 clubs for that amount. You cannot play any other clubs, and of course a max of 14 clubs allowed. Modify them if you want, but mods are limited only to cosmetic, L/L/L and grips. Anything else must count against your total. We will all use the same balls, something cheap like the Noodle. Bring your own tees, bag, cart, etc... but the balls and clubs must fall within those rules. Maybe we find a way to allow people to use old stuff they have lying around - group votes to allow or disallow equipment before the event. I thought about giving mulligans for being under the spending cap, maybe make it a two-rounder where you swap clubs with your partner. We could figure out details if we get enough interest.

I think it sounds like a blast. When we're done we could either keep them all for another similar event or donate them to a worthy charity, something like that. would anyone else enjoy a round like that?

Sounds interesting to me, I know I have at least 3-4 sets laying around that could probably fit this criteria

maybe instead of going purely by purchase value we use an online trade-in estimator to establish club value. Kinda takes away the bargain hunter advantage but it does make it easier to allow use of existing gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back