• Total voters

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
it's scheduled time?

It was a wedge fitting. It was done in about 45 minutes and we chatted for another 10 or so.

It went very smooth, but I also am pretty clear on what I like and also clear on letting the fitter dictate the results - so not a lot of hesitation along the way.

I've mostly only done 30 minutes fittings at my club and they are usually scheduled back to back, so they can't really go over.

But I also rarely do full bag, and usually just what I'm interested in that day

It was a wedge fitting. It was done in about 45 minutes and we chatted for another 10 or so.

It went very smooth, but I also am pretty clear on what I like and also clear on letting the fitter dictate the results - so not a lot of hesitation along the way.
So you chatted because everyone had planned for an hour, or because there wasn't anyone scheduled after you?

So you chatted because everyone had planned for an hour, or because there wasn't anyone scheduled after you?
He was actually the one continuing the conversation. Talking about some mutual connections at the company he fits for.

I checked my phone and saw it was 11:50 (I was scheduled until 12) and some guys were waiting outside of the room as it was an indoor bay. He said "you're fine, we'll make them wait it'll be fun" lmao

I don’t think I’ve ever had a fitting run over. Outside of extreme circumstances, if you can’t do a fitting in 30-45 minutes, that’s a cause for concern. I’d say the exception is for a set of wedges

Indeed it did- scheduled for an hour and we went about 1.5 hours on a 1 hour schedule. There were no other fittings scheduled so he wasn't stressed about it.

He was actually the one continuing the conversation. Talking about some mutual connections at the company he fits for.

I checked my phone and saw it was 11:50 (I was scheduled until 12) and some guys were waiting outside of the room as it was an indoor bay. He said "you're fine, we'll make them wait it'll be fun" lmao
Except for everyone outside the room. 😆

I don’t think I’ve ever had a fitting run over. Outside of extreme circumstances, if you can’t do a fitting in 30-45 minutes, that’s a cause for concern. I’d say the exception is for a set of wedges
You feel like a wedge fitting would/should/could be longer?

Since it wasn’t busy when I was fit last, I was able to hit shots for 10-15 minutes longer. It was nice.

You feel like a wedge fitting would/should/could be longer?
I think so. It’ll take time to figure out the brand, line, then loft gapping, grinds and bounces for each wedge

My last fitting was a full bag fitting and it ran long enough that I came back a second day.

Never. I take a limit number of swings. I never take the full allotted time.

Last one finished up early, the one before it ran over.

My last one was a wedge fitting that ran over a few minutes. We would’ve finished early but when we were starting to dial in what shaft I got the f’n yips. It took about 20 minutes to work through that and then everything was back to normal like it never happened.

Never been fit so my DIY full bag fitting is running about 20 years too long 😂

How'd you feel about that?
No issues. Accomplished what I wanted in both. The one that ran short was a gapping fitting. Added another hybrid, dialed in the hosels on the three hybrids I now bag. Figured out which iron (5 or 6) to eliminate and had the other bent to gap well between my 7i and new 5hy. Since it ran short fitter charged less but my tip brought it to full price.

One b4 that which ran over was a comprehensive brand agnostic iron fitting. They always make sure I'm 100% satisfied. Been using them for many years. Stand alone boutique studio with everything. The master fitter is t100 for all the major oems and rated #1 in our state by some publications

Last fitting took less than 20 balls, one shaft change, and a “oops, put it on draw!” adjustment.

I went to someone that fit me before so we were done after about 49 minutes. There was actually time to try a new driver Sub 70 has in development. He was curious what I thought of it’s performance.

The fitting was early, but we talked golf and the fitting business for the 10 or so minutes left in the session, and a few minutes after.

Went in for a 45 minute wedge fitting and easily went over. We did wedges and irons. Tweaked swing weight and lie on irons, decided on keeping my iron shafts and installing a similar performing shaft in my wedges, and tweaked lie on wedges. There was nobody else there and it was much longer than scheduled. But I am thrilled with the final product. Especially considering I got my lies flattened another degree a few weeks later with an hour of sim time to confirm before and after for free.

No, I had a 4 hour block. Took a 20 minute break about 2.5 hours into it.

Back