DIY: Sewing Headcovers

Scooby45

Use data, get better.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
I’ve been attending a sewing class as the “assistant“ to my daughter. After the first class, decided to try my hand at working on my skills to build my own headcovers.

I’ll update this thread as I refine my skills. This evening was a quick stab at a hybrid headcover. Took an existing cover to get measurements, added a touch of elastic to help it grab the head, and used a bit of scrap fabric laying around.

Clearly I need some work as the stitch got missed in the toe :p

IMG_7954.jpegIMG_7953.jpegIMG_7951.jpegIMG_7952.jpeg

I love everything about this. Excited to see how it progresses.

That's a great start. It would be fun to have the talent to do that, you could have some very cool 1/1 headcovers.

Very cool!

Very solid start! I will hold off on my order…for now. 😉

How long until you get the necessary equipment to sew leather?
According to my wife our machine can handle it, I just need to get a stronger needle. I think I’m going to start with duck canvas for my first heavier duty ones once I get dialed in a bit and then yeah, leather will happen.

Very solid start! I will hold off on my order…for now. 😉
Man, once I get it down I’d love to be able to knock out some for my THP friends.

Pretty good for a first try! Can’t wait to see how things progress.

This brings back memories to home economics class in high school and I tried sewing golf headcovers 😬 it didn’t go well and had to step up cooking portion to make up for my lack of sewing ability

Yours looks super sweet though and can’t wait to see more

Well done , to you , looks great for first effort .

This is circumstantial, as l went a purchased patterned waterproof canvas and have currently getting made several headcovers and one repaired .

So they will all be unique .

Do like the little bit of individual personality in the headcover 😁

Well done , to you , looks great for first effort .

This is circumstantial, as l went a purchased patterned waterproof canvas and have currently getting made several headcovers and one repaired .

So they will all be unique .

Do like the little bit of individual personality in the headcover 😁
You wouldn’t have a link per chance of where you sourced those patterned waterproof ones would you? Shoot me a DM if so, I’m looking for good online options as the local fabric store choices left a little to be desired

You wouldn’t have a link per chance of where you sourced those patterned waterproof ones would you? Shoot me a DM if so, I’m looking for good online options as the local fabric store choices left a little to be desired

So l live in Australia , what l do is when I pick them up will
Send photos . Used a major material store - Spotlight .

If you like any maybe we could organise sending you what you like ?

That is one heck of a first go at it. Bookmarking this for future renditions.

That looks good for a first go! Set it to the side and keep it to compare for progress.

Man, once I get it down I’d love to be able to knock out some for my THP friends.
Of course any red color options will be denied right 🤣

I'm interested in how this goes. Seeing is a good skill to have. Good luck

My Dad had an old sewing machine to fix his leather work gloves, wish I had paid attention

So l live in Australia , what l do is when I pick them up will
Send photos . Used a major material store - Spotlight .

If you like any maybe we could organise sending you what you like ?

Scoob, get on spotlight.com.au and have a look. I'll be back home next month and could pick up a couple of metres of fabric for you, if you would like.

I might even look at some myself because I'd like to get a couple of hybrid covers.

Really great start!

I've been looking into doing this with some spare leather I have laying around, but it's hard to find any help online. I'll definitely be following this post.

Back