Do you flare your left foot?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Question in title. Something I've noticed I seem to have gotten away from over the years mainly I think because of alignment issues. If you do is it for all clubs or just driver?

sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes both.

blackpatch.jpg

yes, both feet are flared, the lead foot a bit more flared than the trailing foot. helps with rotation since i'm not as bendy as I used to be.

Yes. I flare the left and the right on nearly all full shots.

Question in title. Something I've noticed I seem to have gotten away from over the years mainly I think because of alignment issues. If you do is it for all clubs or just driver?

Both feet are flared just a little bit, but my left foot is usually more flared. Especially when hitting driver or wood.

I flair my left foot some on both driver and irons, back foot is usually not flared.

100% on all shots...bro’s to make sure I get through the ball and don’t hang back.

Not really. I probably should but generally don't.

yes, both feet are flared, the lead foot a bit more flared than the trailing foot. helps with rotation since i'm not as bendy as I used to be.
Both? Interesting. I've never flared the right foot.

Yes, definitely a flair and I probably should for both feet. Good reminder. Thanks

I did for years then went straight. Now after working on some of George Gankas stuff I am back to flare. I like it better.

My right foot is barely flared. I find it more comfortable for my stance. Not sure how much it impacts my shots.

It's something I get lazy with and when my swing is off it's usually because that left foot isnt flared. It' an easy adjustment to help clear the hips and generate a little more distance.

right foot flared. 😁

I try to keep both feet square to target line.

But heck, I'm gonna flare the crap out of my left foot if it helps me battle the lefts.

it's taught by a lot of instructors when the golfer has limited hip and/or upper body rotation. by flaring the right foot, it frees up the right hip to turn more deeply and helps you get a fuller turn in the backswing, assuming you're like I am and don't have a ton of flexibility.

Left for sure. Every time. Sometimes the Right if I'm going for the draw.

I used to flare my left foot (RH), but found my alignment was better squared up.
I tend to go left if I flare, even if I just slightly flare after I've taken my stance. I shouldn't, but I do.

it's taught by a lot of instructors when the golfer has limited hip and/or upper body rotation. by flaring the right foot, it frees up the right hip to turn more deeply and helps you get a fuller turn in the backswing, assuming you're like I am and don't have a ton of flexibility.
I've never really had an issue with flexibility but it does seem my hips don't rotate like they used to anymore. I might have to give this a try

I do not. I’ve tried it a few times and it messes with my swing.

I find if I flair my left foot to much I have a hard time getting to the left side. I think it's because I end up putting to much pressure into my left toes and ball of my foot, it almost pushes me onto my back foot is the feeling.🤔

Yes my I flare my toes slightly. It's not as much of a golf thing as a " there must be a22 1/2* angle PER foot. Your heels must equal a 45* angle when they are placed together and you are at the position of attention!" kind of thing... having that drilled into over 30 years ago into my head in basic training, it's still with me. it doesn't feel right to not have my feet angled out slightly.

this would be on all shots.

Back