Do You Play a Set Gap or Approach Wedge?

I go back and forth. When I zero in on new irons for 2024 then I will finalize the set.

I have/had (in between Iron sets) a GW but rarely used it. I just have a lot of confidence in my PW. And around green it's SW or PW or 9i.

I was against a set wedge until this year. Mine is a 48° and I love the way it handles full shots through the turf and with soft swings green side. The only shot I don’t use it for is out of the sand.

I go back and forth but have found the Vokey 50 in the bag a lot more latsly than the ZX5 (set gap wedge). Much prefer the Vokey for greenside shots.

Yes, currently playing the set GW in my irons. Not sure yet if I’ll have the same answer 3 days from now.

Yes set PW and UW for me

I play a PW (43) and GW (48) from my iron set which are really 10 and 11 irons. I also play a GW (52) and SW (56) wedges that do not match my iron set. They are also repaced more often.

I play 3 wedges after the pitching wedge:
GW - 52*
SW - 56*
LW - 60*

I’m not playing a set gw or aw at the moment. I have 3 wedges after my pw. Next set of irons I get though, I will be looking very closely at adding a set G or A wedge if it’s offered, just depending on fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always! Much better for hitting full shots for me.

I think it depends on the set of irons TBH. I'm probably 50/50 on which way I go.

Set GW (AW). ZX5.

Yes and I hate it. From my JPX921F set, it might be more palatable if it had the same shaft as my wedges rather than my irons.

Cleveland Diadic 53-degree. Oldest club in my bag, but I love it!

I play set all the way to lob wedge.

Back