Do you play in the heat?

Playing in a Par 3 tournament today. Supposed to get up to around 33°C (91°F). That’s unusually warm for us!

I play in it, buy our heat is dry heat, which is much easier to deal with.

Tee time is 10:42 today will be about 98 at tee off and 106 when done! Hopefully not busy and we are moving right along.

18 yesterday, walking heat index about 105. Skied my drive on 17. Just hit the wall ran out of gas!

how to clear that up on a carbon fiber head😢

Play in heat often, and have a question I've been curious about, all things being equal.

Walkers that carry, assume you arrive at the first tee fully hydrated and ready to play with one 12 ounce bottle of water in the bag for the round and will require consuming 12 additional ounces of water starting on, or after, the 10th tee.

Is it better to consume all 12 ounces at 10 tee and float home, or consume 4 ounces on holes 11, 14, 17, or some other division of holes into thirds. Curious about what process type might be more efficient- all at once or spread out.

I played 9 on Wednesday, the heat index was 118. Wasn't too bad, but I didn't feel up to 18.

I've been hearing a lot lately that 90+ and 70% humidity isn't hot but it is to me, and yes I've played and walked in it this week.

Play in heat often, and have a question I've been curious about, all things being equal.

Walkers that carry, assume you arrive at the first tee fully hydrated and ready to play with one 12 ounce bottle of water in the bag for the round and will require consuming 12 additional ounces of water starting on, or after, the 10th tee.

Is it better to consume all 12 ounces at 10 tee and float home, or consume 4 ounces on holes 11, 14, 17, or some other division of holes into thirds. Curious about what process type might be more efficient- all at once or spread out.
I'm thinking it may be better to drink all on the 10th tee so your body stays further away from dehydration.

South Carolina heat with humidity? Nope. We have too many good weather days to deal with that. Besides we have a group now that has the first tee times four days a week, so we can get out and get done before the worst of the heat arrives.

I walked Wednesday afternoon in 93 degrees. Humidity was decent. Did not check it but would guess 50% give or take. fastforward to yesterday went off at 7:15 in humidity of 98% and a dew point that had to be around 75; yuck/terrible. Much prefer a little temps vs nearly 100% humidity. Could not keep my hands dry and everhthing on my push cart I could wipe on was saturated by hole 7

I'm thinking it may be better to drink all on the 10th tee so your body stays further away from dehydration.

Will try when it's hot enough outside to get a better idea, and will carry an extra bottle beyond the bottle consumed on 10 tee just in case. Maybe the amount of ounces consumed to reach full hydration that day prior to play, whatever that number happens to be and I'll check that out, should be matched all at once on 10 tee. Usually I'm good until the last 2 holes on the front side I start to notice a little thirst and reach into the bag on 10 for the wet stuff. Just curious really. Thanks for your comment, makes sense.

Yes, been brutal here this summer too like in many other places so wouldn't have played much otherwise. Start well hydrated, keep it up during, and use the shade as much as possible.

Back