Do you think you play faster at a CC or at your local muni?

Country Club or Munis?

• Country Club

Votes: 52 69.3%
  • Munis

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • No Noticeable Difference

Votes: 17 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CC, especially when riding and they have forecaddies. The time saved from not having to search for your ball adds up.

Without a doubt faster at a CC. Tee times aren't stacked as tightly. People generally have a clue as to what they are doing and etiquette like letting faster groups through. For example I have never played a round on the brutal Oakland Hills South course that took over 3.5 hours even on a weekend afternoon. Meanwhile the very easy public course up the road is notorious for 5.5 hour rounds, putting people off as fast as they can, and not monitoring the course at all. I see 6 somes and 8 somes,. They have 3 9's and keep putting people off on all of them, so when you make the turn after the front, you run into 5 groups lined up on the tee, I quit playing there because of the horrible management.
The "golf boom: has also been bad for the game. People who think it's their right to lollygag as much as the want, they paid their money and no one is going to tell them 6 hour rounds are unacceptable.......

A well funded club is normally going to play faster this time of year since it's leaf season. Have a buddy coming in from out of state for a round tomorrow and I knew the course I was originally going to take him too is struggling with staffing and every hole is lined with huge trees. I changed venues because of it.

Private over muni

I've only played at one private club/course and probably have 15 rounds there. We played in less than 3.5 hours every round. It's fantastic

I've only played two private country clubs and rounds were fast because nobody else was on the course.

CC as they people that play there generally know the course inside and out. Know where their ball typically goes. And play more golf in general.

Not even close.

Someone here could buy me a country club membership and I'll let you know.

Country club. Around here......it's not even close or up for debate.

My cc is <4 hrs. My muni is >4.5 hrs.
the major contributor is the muni puts Groups out at 9:00, 9:08, 9:15, 9:22, and 9:30.
my cc goes 9:00, 9:10, 9:20, 9;30.
over a morning that backs up the course with weekend golfers.

Back