Does a Pie have to be a Circle?

Does a Pie have to be a Circle?

• Yes

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
1713801253289.png

Due to the amount of people at holidays, my wife makes hers in a cake pan. Though she calls the banana cream a pie, and the pistachio a tort. F**k, now I'm confused.

No it does not. The pan could be all sorts of shapes as long as it's the general makeup of a pie.

as long as it tastes like a pie and has what I expect out of a pie I don't care what shape it is. Is a cheesecake a pie?

What about a hand pie? They’re half a circle.

If this were true then New Zealand would be screwed with its bacon & egg pie, made in a square or rectangular baking tin depending on how big you want it.

And now I'm going to make one as I haven't had a good bacon & egg pie in forever

Yes otherwise it's just cobbler.

This is a pie, it's Australian and we've known to harbour some serial killers.

Four_NTwentyTravellerBeef_CheesePastry_7713bb09-71cd-4ff9-b1da-d375c8bf0dac.png

Screenshot2023-08-15at2.21.56pm.png

If this were true then New Zealand would be screwed with its bacon & egg pie, made in a square or rectangular baking tin depending on how big you want it.

And now I'm going to make one as I haven't had a good bacon & egg pie in forever
Sir that’s a quiche

No, but I want some apple pie now.

If a pie is a circle -- then how high can it be before it becomes cake?

If we are talking desert, then they tend to be round, but a savoury pie can be made in these

To all those saying Yes it has to be round, once you cut a slice and put it on your plate is it still pie? Or does it become something else since it's now not round?

My wife has a great Apple pie recipe. It actually calls for a 9 by 12 glass pan that she bought special for this recipe .

To all those saying Yes it has to be round, once you cut a slice and put it on your plate is it still pie? Or does it become something else since it's now not round?

I would say yes since this Area formula still applies.

A=(πR² )(deg of Pie left÷360) = Amount of remaining Pie - So Yes it is still Pie.

Last edited:
Back