Drive Thru vs Walk in Take Out?

Drive through if short line, go in if more than 4-5 cars in line. Or, if the weather is bad, I might be willing to sit in the drive through a little longer

If it’s just me I prefer going in and getting it to go. If my wife is in the car then I’ll use the drive through.

I prefer to walk in if at all possible. Drive thru just feels wrong

For some reason I find drive thrus annoying. So I tend to avoid them. Plus I think it is actually faster to go inside.

Most times I will use the drive thru if the line is short enough.

Depends on the length of the drive thru line... But I like to walk in, if the drive thru line is long.

I used to never the drive thru and would walk in to order. Most places now have the screen where you can see what the cashier rings in and correct any mistakes that may have been made right there.

It depends. We do coffee at lunch and depends on where the line up is. Also depends on how the conversation is.

I almost always, not only walk in, but eat in too. But I did just do the drive thru to score some yummy Tommy's chili cheese burgers. If you don't see the shack, take it back. :rolleyes:

Assuming you go to grab some fast food or a place that has a drive thru, do you use it or walk in and carry out?
walk In and pick up order from app... if no app. then drive threw.

Mostly go in and eat, I like eating my food while it is hot.

It all depends on how long the drive through line is. I'd rather get out and go in than sit in line forever, at least I'll feel more productive.

We seldom have a complete order "as is" off the menu, so I prefer to walk in to nip as many errors in the bud or correct them on the spot. Some places have good enough apps that I'll order from the app and then pick it up. Some of the larger, more highly regarded chains (Shake Shack) have ordering apps that are non-intuitive an/or inflexible when it comes to ordering for allergies, for example.

Assuming you go to grab some fast food or a place that has a drive thru, do you use it or walk in and carry out?

50/50

Usually drive thru except when I need to stock up on the mild sauce from Taco Bell. Then I go in and grab several handfuls
If there’s a drive thru I’m using 99% of the time if we are getting it to go. Taco Bell is the only place I can think of that I occasionally go in and that is just to grab handfuls of sauce when we are running low at home.
You can't just copy me... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’m walking in every time. For some bizarre reason the drive thru just fills me with complete anxiety and I can barely even get my words out to order.

Drive thru if possible, but I have learned to always sit at the window and check the food to make sure you got what you paid for. Too many times I have got home to find out they "forgot" something.
Like the wise man Leo Getz said...."Always walk up to the counter. They F*** you at the drive thru"!

Hate drive through. Very rarely eat fast food or use any kind of shop that has a drive through. I would prefer to park, go in, and finalize my transaction inside.

That said, pounding Interstate hours through states like Wyoming, I have used the McDonalds drive through. Fries go well with monotonous landscapes over massive mileage.

It depends on the restaurant for us. But we will usually use the drive thru if the line isn't crazy long.

90% of the time, it's drive-thru.

Been a few years, though.

Drive thru all the time, I don't mind waiting for the convenience and I can catch up on stuff on my phone or listen to podcasts while I wait!

For us it depends on the line. There are some fast food restaurants in the area that you can get your food faster by walking/carry out then actually sitting in the drive thru.

I think that applies to pretty much any Culvers in the US. Notoriously slow drive thrus.

Back