Driver VS Driver / Paradym 3D & Smoke AI 3D

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I wanted to take these head to head and see who won. These were both hit at the exact same specs. 9 degree heads set at neutral. Both had the same or x denali back 6.5 shaft in them (thanks again pro x). Both with hit with the chrome soft X LS ball.

So looking at these numbers what are you thoughts?

My swing is a little slower right now. But that will come back.

Paradym 3D
IMG_4143.jpeg

Smoke AI 3D
IMG_4144.jpeg

Matching up those swings to impact location would be interesting

Not enough spin with the Paradym to keep the ball in the air. Ultra low peaks.

Yeah. This is super low for me. This is not typical. But for this data set. It is what it is and you dance with the girl you brought..

Last edited:
Paradym low spin and low peak height is a little concerning, but that #2 drive 10ft from pin 350y away... 🤯

Honestly I'm shocked that the Smoke AI has that much more spin

Paradym low spin and low peak height is a little concerning, but that #2 drive 10ft from pin 350y away... 🤯

Honestly I'm shocked that the Smoke AI has that much more spin
It did today.. 🤷‍♂️ I wonder if in a week I did this again what would change..

It did today.. 🤷‍♂️ I wonder if in a week I did this again what would change..
I wonder if you could take 10 swings with each, but alternate after 5 to see if you have a different swing in the second sets

I wonder if you could take 10 swings with each, but alternate after 5 to see if you have a different swing in the second sets
Yeah I did swings for one and then the other.

crazy flat descent. i’d take the higher launch and carry of the smoke.

Looks like a couple wide ones with the Smoke didn’t help things.

Your spin was brutal with the paradym. I’d hit them again side by side personally and see what a better day of swinging looks like for you.

I’d run it back and maybe see if the CSX or CT/CTC bumps the spin up, but it’s pretty much enough to scare me off of a club. I saw too many dive bombers off the tee in the last 2-3 months to want anything sub 2k. I knew I was flirting with the edge of playability at 1900-2000 spin and it bit me. It might be fixable but it’s already in my head and I have what should be a better fit on order.

Thanks for the comparison, always enjoy the side by side.

I recently hit the AI Smoke Max and the Paradym X head to head. Same shaft and setup. The AI Smoke was about 300 RPM less than the X, 2,050 vs 2,350. Distance was really close, and not really of material difference. The AI Smoke did do better on dispersion though, which coming from the X is no small feat to overcome.

The left miss with the Smoke… normal miss?

Your spin was brutal with the paradym. I’d hit them again side by side personally and see what a better day of swinging looks like for you.
I agree needs another go.

This seems like a couple sessions to compare.

How were the weights set up?

Paradym was more accurate with similar distances. Maybe tweak the loft up a bit and let ‘er rip.

Smoke is impressive. Paradym is no slouch but I like the spin with smoke more.

My swing is a little slow right now.... :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the extremely small sample size and the fact you didn't alternate every few shots is the reason but I was really surprised when I looked at the dispersion. My assumption was the lower spin and peak in the first set would mean worse dispersion but your results were far from it. Your lateral spread was 92.9 (-60.6 to 32.3) yards with Smoke vs 38.8 (-34.4 to 4.4) yards with Paradym. Worse yet that 92.9 yard difference came on back to back swings.

Whenever I compare potential drivers for myself two additional metrics I include are Trouble Misses and Two Way Miss Potential. Smoke spit out a pair of certain trouble misses plus another likely one in just eight swings, Paradym spit out one likely trouble miss and zero certain trouble misses in seven swings. Your two way miss potential with Smoke is also light years worse over that small sample size comparison. I'd have guessed the opposite seeing the comparative spin rates.

Back