Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear all this rooting talk.. Is there really any big reason to root a phone?

Custom roms. Ability to run new software and what not that may not be otherwise available to your phone. There are other reasons, but that's the reason why I've thought about doing it, but I haven't been able to find a good custom rom for the One X running Jelly Bean.

The Droid X was supposed to be impossible to Root when it first came out thanks to Moto and Verizon doing their damndest to encrypt it so that it would "brick" immediately if rooted. Well... There are rooted X's out there.

Tapping from another Galaxy.

I was reading online that VZ had Samsung block the bootloading software so that you won't be able to root the Note 2
Haha, Verizon and their feeble attempt and locking the bootloader. Took me about 20 minutes to get through it. There nerds arent better at locking a phone than I am at cracking one.

Any suggestions for SMS Apps? Using go SMS Pro. Like but not sure if it's the best.

Haha, Verizon and their feeble attempt and locking the bootloader. Took me about 20 minutes to get through it. There nerds arent better at locking a phone than I am at cracking one.

All hail War Eagle! Captain of the THP Nerd Squad

War Eagle is Anonymous...
upa8yhuh.jpg

I hear all this rooting talk.. Is there really any big reason to root a phone?

One reason I root is so I can uninstall all the bloatware the provider outs.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Any suggestions for SMS Apps? Using go SMS Pro. Like but not sure if it's the best.

I use GO SMS. I prefer it over SMS Pro.

Ironically, I use the Siri theme. It looks awesome! Haha.
Kmac and I can be Co-Captains, right?

One reason I root is so I can uninstall all the bloatware the provider outs.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Does it make the phone function better? What kind of stuff are you dropping?

Does it make the phone function better? What kind of stuff are you dropping?

I've always wondered the same thing. I thought about rooting my old phone but never did for fear of seriously messing it up

I've always wondered the same thing. I thought about rooting my old phone but never did for fear of seriously messing it up

Exactly my issue dude.. I always worry about really effing something up with it and turning it into a 700 dollar paperweight hahaha

Can we developed a THP forum app so I could dump Tapatalk?

Tapatalk causing you issues? I like it. Except you can't multi quote from the iPhone version

Tapatalk causing you issues? I like it. Except you can't multi quote from the iPhone version

I kind of love tapatalk minus not being able to rep.

And I just copy/paste for multi-quote. Kind of a pain, but it's effective.

I worked on one for a while with Android, and had it working good as a THP mobile app. But even with the work I was doing on it, the Tapatalk app kicked it's butt. vBulletin is a tough one for mobile apps outside of Tapatalk. It's doable, but would need more resources that I just dont have.

I really like TapaTalk. I thought it was so weird seeing JRod using the browser version.

I kind of love tapatalk minus not being able to rep.

And I just copy/paste for multi-quote. Kind of a pain, but it's effective.
Multiquote on tapatalk is enough to make me never leave Android.

I am such a nerd it's not even funny. Wow.

Multiquote on tapatalk is enough to make me never leave Android.

I am such a nerd it's not even funny. Wow.

That's pretty epic.. I am pretty sure I owned angry birds and tapatalk for my droid 2..

I wonder if it'll still be around when I make the switch in April back to droid. Anyone know if it's based on your email, or what?

That's pretty epic.. I am pretty sure I owned angry birds and tapatalk for my droid 2..

I wonder if it'll still be around when I make the switch in April back to droid. Anyone know if it's based on your email, or what?
It's based on your google login. So yes, it will still be available.

Dude Ive been away from Android for two years I think, with a fling mixed in there somewhere, when you log back into your account everything you purchased can be redownloaded. Its pretty cool since I didnt have to repurchase tapatalk and some others.

Dude Ive been away from Android for two years I think, with a fling mixed in there somewhere, when you log back into your account everything you purchased can be redownloaded. Its pretty cool since I didnt have to repurchase tapatalk and some others.
I had never purchased it on Android, only on iOS. I emailed them, BOOM! Free Android download.

That's great stuff. You are more than welcome to continue to celebrate the SIII on here haha. I'm living vicariously through you guys while my i4 bores me.

I had never purchased it on Android, only on iOS. I emailed them, BOOM! Free Android download.

Seriously? I'm pretty sure I've purchased it two times.. Not confident, but if I can avoid a third, that'd be sweet haha!

That's great stuff. You are more than welcome to continue to celebrate the SIII on here haha. I'm living vicariously through you guys while my i4 bores me.

Seriously? I'm pretty sure I've purchased it two times.. Not confident, but if I can avoid a third, that'd be sweet haha!
The Power of Persuasion....

err...

[h=3]Errors[/h][h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  1. This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 20 seconds.

I can do a THP app, but am holding off on JB's request to discuss further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back