Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
But who are we pondering with this time?

But who are we pondering with this time?

Probably whomever decides to read and respond. I am sure we will have a good mix of members in here chatting up the latest and greatest.

So I'm trying to decide if an iPad Mini would be a good tablet for my brother in law, he travels quite a bit and has good eyes so the size wouldn't be a problem, plus we save a bit of money on the purchase as well, but is the convenience and savings worth the smaller size vs an iPad 2?

Well well well

u8apamy7.jpg

ujeguta3.jpg

adu5adu6.jpg

y5emubeh.jpg

So I'm trying to decide if an iPad Mini would be a good tablet for my brother in law, he travels quite a bit and has good eyes so the size wouldn't be a problem, plus we save a bit of money on the purchase as well, but is the convenience and savings worth the smaller size vs an iPad 2?

I'd go iPad 2. For traveling and such, size matters, especially for Netflix or movies or games

Definitely keep us posted on how you like the Surface, JB...it's such an intriguing design.

Definitely keep us posted on how you like the Surface, JB...it's such an intriguing design.

I will JN. So far the keyboard is far better than I expected. I expected awful though.

I will JN. So far the keyboard is far better than I expected. I expected awful though.

Is that keyboard completely flat?

I'm curious about the Surface. I want to learn more about it because then maybe I could potentially bag the laptop and go to one of those for school.

Is that keyboard completely flat?

Hmmm, hard to describe. At first glance it is completely flat. If you run your hand over it, there are contours, but not much. The keys do not depress though.

Looks nice, JB. Very nice.

JB, that looks pretty awesome. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Interested in the surface. Isis bigger than the iPad? It looks enormous in the pictures. I was thinking that the keyboard would be terrible as well. Good to hear its not to bad.

I just think Windows 8 on a tablet could be the best setup on a tablet. Looks like it will be efficient and streamlined.

Interested in the surface. Isis bigger than the iPad? It looks enormous in the pictures. I was thinking that the keyboard would be terrible as well. Good to hear its not to bad.

It seems like a similar size.

so I'm still pondering an Ipad, I've been looking at the mini and the Ipad 2, for the price, the 2 is best since it's a full size Ipad, but I don't really need that big of an ipad since I have my MB pro for that. . .so I think I'm going to get the mini since it's better size for what i need

I ponder that Surface.

so I'm still pondering an Ipad, I've been looking at the mini and the Ipad 2, for the price, the 2 is best since it's a full size Ipad, but I don't really need that big of an ipad since I have my MB pro for that. . .so I think I'm going to get the mini since it's better size for what i need
If size is the determining factor, why not go with a 7" tablet that has better specs than the mini?

like what?
It all depends on what you are going to be using it for. Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD.

Im not trying to steer you away from an iPad, I have the original and still love it and use it quite often. But, the mini already has outdated specs on it, and will be replaced next spring.

It all depends on what you are going to be using it for. Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD.

Im not trying to steer you away from an iPad, I have the original and still love it and use it quite often. But, the mini already has outdated specs on it, and will be replaced next spring.

true, I guess I will check out a kindle fire HD first, I just don't want to spend $500 on the Ipad retina

true, I guess I will check out a kindle fire HD first, I just don't want to spend $500 on the Ipad retina
I dont blame you! I dont either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back