Have you hit the Mizzies???

mmmm.....buttery. If Mizunos cost $15,000 that wouldn't be a fair value on how buttery those forged irons feel.

I could buy a new set of Nike blades and Callaway Razr X Musclebacks and still have money for a new driver and have the sweet feel of forged compared to these Epon irons. Plus, and here's the big picture......I could get the irons I just listed in left handed!!!!! So no Epon's for me!

doc

The forging process is softer than a cast process. People can feel the diff between the two

Please listen to this.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=13612

I wont get into the cast vs forged debate here, but the two are processes to create an iron. Having one "be softer" is simply not possible. Metals can be softer, a process cannot.[/QUOTE]

i was under the impression when you heat steel and cool it off it becomes harder than before. when you melt steel and cool it off it becomes even harder than that. i may be totaly wrong idk.

Forged irons can, I believe, be more easily adjusted (bent) and to a greater degree than cast which seems to indicate softness or maleability.

Regardless, I have seen Honma on a few LPGA bags but never Epon. They do not pay multi-millions to players to play their stuff but if it were that much better surely someone would be using and promoting them.

Epon Irons

They're soft and eye candy. I don't even feel the ball on center strikes. Performance and scoring wise it's no different than any iron built to fit you.

Last edited:
Back