Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
pondering Scor wedges, everyone knows im searching for new wedges, and hopefully i get picked for scor testing!! but if not i think imight still go with them!! just gota save a little $$

Not feeling the MP-T 10s?

So I ordered a 50 and a 60 VR Pro wedge and now I am pondering ditching the Niblick and getting a 56 Nike wedge or get the 2011 Niblick. Advice or thoughts?

I love those wedges. I got myself into too much trouble with the Niblick so my vote is for the 56 VR Pro to complete the trifecta.

I love those wedges. I got myself into too much trouble with the Niblick so my vote is for the 56 VR Pro to complete the trifecta.

Thanks, would you agree that would be the right left to go for to complete the set? I like the Niblick for little chips but out of the sand it just looks to chunky to me for some reason when I need some touch.

i like them, they are just getting a little beat up

Good call, I didnt know until reading on here recently that they should be replaced once a year or so. Thats why I am switching too.

Thanks, would you agree that would be the right left to go for to complete the set? I like the Niblick for little chips but out of the sand it just looks to chunky to me for some reason when I need some touch.

Personally thats the way Id go. I agree on the Niblick its good for little chips but the 56* I think will be more versatile all around.

I'm strongly pondering trying to find someone who is willing to trade a 9* Z-Star head for my 10.5* head. I really need the 9* head instead of the 10.5*

ill have to check into the mp 12s

Really pondering a new FW shaft now, if a certain shaft has proven to be great in my driver would the same type of shaft work better in my FW wood as well? I'm new to the whole changing shafts to fit your game thing and there just isn't anywhere around here to test different shafts. I kind of feel like I hit a homerun with the driver shaft wondering if I should take a shot at the same type of FW shaft.

Really pondering a new FW shaft now, if a certain shaft has proven to be great in my driver would the same type of shaft work better in my FW wood as well? I'm new to the whole changing shafts to fit your game thing and there just isn't anywhere around here to test different shafts. I kind of feel like I hit a homerun with the driver shaft wondering if I should take a shot at the same type of FW shaft.

I have the same upgraded shaft in my driver as my FW. Same everything except cut shorter for FW.

I hear ya...pondering the same thing but not sure cutting a Miyazaki down that far would be good for it

I have the same upgraded shaft in my driver as my FW. Same everything except cut shorter for FW.

I hear ya...pondering the same thing but not sure cutting a Miyazaki down that far would be good for it

It's not that drastic and if it's butt cut I think it'll be alright. Just check with Miyazaki if it's ok with the FW you're using. Of course it would help if you have the same family driver and FW but that's not the case with you. The Miya might work well with the Ping but it could wreak havoc with the Octane.

You know the MP-T 12's are coming out soon.

Yes they are but not under that name. Mizuno's wedge line is split into two coming in October, MP-R12's and JPX's. R12's are more of the players wedge while the JPX's are suppose to be more forgiving, sort of like the CG15/CG16 choice from Cleveland.

Yes they are but not under that name. Mizuno's wedge line is split into two coming in October, MP-R12's and JPX's. R12's are more of the players wedge while the JPX's are suppose to be more forgiving, sort of like the CG15/CG16 choice from Cleveland.

Will they use the Spinners like the 11s?

My apologies... didn't know about the JPX's as well.

Will they use the Spinners like the 11s?

Suppose to.

My apologies... didn't know about the JPX's as well.

Not picking on you, just wanted to put it out there incase others didn't know. The JPX's look kinda neat actually with the grey crossline badges on them.

Not picking on you, just wanted to put it out there incase others didn't know. The JPX's look kinda neat actually with the grey crossline badges on them.

No worries. I saw the r-12's on Mizuno North America FB site and I thought it was just a continuation of the same T line. Got them all goofed up. I'm curious to see the JPX wedge line since I like the graphics on their iron lines.

Edited, sorry

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Last edited:
Pretty safe to say those photos don't belong on this site..

Great looking club, but I'd edit them out and ask JB/GG first, considering they have not shared them yet.

Pretty safe to say those photos don't belong on this site..

Great looking club, but I'd edit them out and ask JB/GG first, considering they have not shared them yet.

Dan is correct.

Debating which Callaway Laser Rangefinder to get with my $300 gift card coming soon. IQ and idTech both have slope with the IQ giving the adjusted reading right away while the idTech supposedly gives u line of sight distance then how much up or down it is and u calculate it(still not sure if thats how it works but i know you have to do the math yourself if anyone has one or konws how it is plz help so i can make a decision). Or should i just get the diablo octance one since it is tournament legal. Slope feature would be nice but so would being tournament legal, Granted i don't play many tournaments but you never know and if i get use to using one a lot and don't have it for a tournament will i be lost?

would really appreciate some input on these 3 rangefinders. Read plenty of reviews, and each have great features just looking for some added input.

Debating which Callaway Laser Rangefinder to get with my $300 gift card coming soon. IQ and idTech both have slope with the IQ giving the adjusted reading right away while the idTech supposedly gives u line of sight distance then how much up or down it is and u calculate it(still not sure if thats how it works but i know you have to do the math yourself if anyone has one or konws how it is plz help so i can make a decision). Or should i just get the diablo octance one since it is tournament legal. Slope feature would be nice but so would being tournament legal, Granted i don't play many tournaments but you never know and if i get use to using one a lot and don't have it for a tournament will i be lost?

would really appreciate some input on these 3 rangefinders. Read plenty of reviews, and each have great features just looking for some added input.
If you plan on playing in tournaments, then I would get the one that is tournament legal. I would be lost with out my gps if i couldn't use it in tournaments. I have heard good things about all of them. Nikon is one of the leaders in optics. You should be good with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back