Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't over ponder cookie. Plus, I dare say you'll get to hit so many different shaft options at the Outing that you'll be overwhelmed.

TC, I wish THP could get the new House of Forged shaft for you to test, especially since they're made by Matrix.

Don't over ponder cookie. Plus, I dare say you'll get to hit so many different shaft options at the Outing that you'll be overwhelmed.

I hear ya. I am just trying this one because I already have the shaft and don't love the current performance of my driver. Off topic: hoping that our equipment specs are needed PRIOR to demo day. :D

Are you guys refering to the GD Tour AD DI 6? If so I want to pick you brain. TC have you hit the DIs? If so what are your thought compared to the 6M3. I am in shaft ponder mode and these two are at the top of my list along with a couple others (Fubuki K series, Aldila RIP'd NV Proto, Motore Speeder VC 6.2, to name a few). Thanks!

No, I haven't hit it Doc. I've read a lot of good things about it, but I also wonder if it isn't just being "internet hyped". That happens a lot IMO.

I've really enjoyed getting familiar with Matrix but it's hard for me to not put more stock into Miyazaki. I think they understand launch conditions better than anyone in the business.

I haven't hit that shaft yet dude. I'm looking mainly at those Matrix ones right now. I sent an email off to Matrix to see if they can find me a dealer close!

They have tons in Phoenix and a few in Tucson buddy. Have you ever heard of Van's Golf Shop?

I ponder all things J40. The feedback on the line has been amazing and that makes a fool like me ponder.

Agreed. All I'm waiting for is the RBZ irons to come out, or if I get selected for testing. If I don't, and don't hear what I'm looking for from the other testers ill probably be hopping on the J40 iron train. All aboard!

Yes lol and I can see Ary cringing now. I'm hooked on shafts. I could ponder shafts all day. I'm going to see if I can find a spot to demo this weekend.

I'm not cringing, I'm actually laughing. :wink: I love to talk about different shafts as well, I wish that I could hit a bunch of different ones to know about them more. However, right now I'm focusing on working on my swing and my body.

Are you guys refering to the GD Tour AD DI 6? If so I want to pick you brain. TC have you hit the DIs? If so what are your thought compared to the 6M3. I am in shaft ponder mode and these two are at the top of my list along with a couple others (Fubuki K series, Aldila RIP'd NV Proto, Motore Speeder VC 6.2, to name a few). Thanks!

Doc, you'll be at the Outing, right? I've got my R11 10.5 shafted up with the Tour AD DI-6 stiff right now. It may be a little soft for you, but I'll let you load it into your R11 9 degree head if you want at the Outing.

After TC's review I am all over that Matrix! I have a hybrid with a matrix in it and it is one of my more consistent clubs.

I'm not cringing, I'm actually laughing. :wink: I love to talk about different shafts as well, I wish that I could hit a bunch of different ones to know about them more. However, right now I'm focusing on working on my swing and my body.

Doc, you'll be at the Outing, right? I've got my R11 10.5 shafted up with the Tour AD DI-6 stiff right now. It may be a little soft for you, but I'll let you load it into your R11 9 degree head if you want at the Outing.

Lol well you go the swing route for fixing your game and I'll go the equipment ;) I'm laughing too, it's so much fun to see how much it can change what the ball does. It's also funny because I'm learning I'm not seeing a huge, drastic difference in some of the shafts. Enough yes, but not like I thought.

They have tons in Phoenix and a few in Tucson buddy. Have you ever heard of Van's Golf Shop?

I used to live at one when I lived in Gilbert. I'll be heading there today!

Lol well you go the swing route for fixing your game and I'll go the equipment ;) I'm laughing too, it's so much fun to see how much it can change what the ball does. It's also funny because I'm learning I'm not seeing a huge, drastic difference in some of the shafts. Enough yes, but not like I thought.

It is interesting to test out different shafts in the same head because one shaft can make the club feel great and the other one can make the club feel awful. The good thing is that once you find a shaft that really works for you, you can look for shafts that have similar characteristics which makes your search easier.

It is interesting to test out different shafts in the same head because one shaft can make the club feel great and the other one can make the club feel awful. The good thing is that once you find a shaft that really works for you, you can look for shafts that have similar characteristics which makes your search easier.

Exactly. I've seemed to really carve out a consistent swing for myself lately so it's making the process that much more fun. but all reality, I know its just a piece of what I'm doing.

Pondering for the 6M3 is almost down after talking to Matrix. They said to focus on the RUL as the M3 would most likely bring my numbers down too much. I gave him what I was hitting the C Kua 59S and 310 TL head as a comparison check for numbers. No real reason other than i remember those easier haha.

I am pondering my SS5 coming my way, but I am also pondering if I want to redo the paint fill.

Also pondering putting some spinners in my current wedges to try to get a feel of the bstone wedges.

After TC's review I am all over that Matrix! I have a hybrid with a matrix in it and it is one of my more consistent clubs.

The same review has me looking at Matrix shafts. Really contemplating trying to get one on my nike driver.

I am pondering my SS5 coming my way, but I am also pondering if I want to redo the paint fill.

Also pondering putting some spinners in my current wedges to try to get a feel of the bstone wedges.

Seth, I will mail you three Spinners to mess with if you want.

Seth, I will mail you three Spinners to mess with if you want.

That's just awesome. I love THP for this exact reason!

In other ponders, I've been pondering trying out a new shaft in my R11 3W and/or driver. I'd love a low spin shaft that doesn't have to put me back an arm and a leg.

I've moved my putter dreaming to a heel shafted putter, I really like the TM Maranello Ghost, but I've also become fond of the Cleveland Classic Black #7, don't know for sure how to describe the neck, but I love the look at address, also the new TM Ghost Daytona 62 looks to have that same type of setup. Any info on how to describe those types of putters would be helpful for me. I know I just love how they look behind the ball at address.

I've moved my putter dreaming to a heel shafted putter, I really like the TM Maranello Ghost, but I've also become fond of the Cleveland Classic Black #7, don't know for sure how to describe the neck, but I love the look at address, also the new TM Ghost Daytona 62 looks to have that same type of setup. Any info on how to describe those types of putters would be helpful for me. I know I just love how they look behind the ball at address.

I can tell you I'm in love with my Maranello, and I also pondered the Black but after stroking the TM Ghost, it was a no brainer for me.

TC's review of the M3 makes me ponder that. I need a lower flight in one of my driver heads. Then it could work really well.

SWEET! Thanks ary! And thanks for the heads up on that one on ebay. I have been pondering the DI7 and because of your recommendation I near got one at a steal. I was the high bidder at a great price up until about 30 minutes left and then it got out of control. Way to rich for my blood. haha.

SWEET! Thanks ary! And thanks for the heads up on that one on ebay. I have been pondering the DI7 and because of your recommendation I near got one at a steal. I was the high bidder at a great price up until about 30 minutes left and then it got out of control. Way to rich for my blood. haha.

Hmmmm, DI-7 may work better for you. I went from the Kai'li to the DI-6, and didn't lose anything on the launch (may have actually gone up a slight bit) and also knocked off some of the spin, I love it. I'm not sure how the DI-6 would compare to the 'ahina, perhaps the 'ahina is a little lower launching? From what I've read out there, DI-7 is a good bit more stout than the DI-6. Still, you're welcome to load the DI-6 into your R11 at the Outing...as long as I get it back!

I was actually thinking of a DJ-7 in a fairway wood if I could ever get around to it, but I hit the driver much more than my fairway wood, so I'm content with the DI-6 for now.

Pondering a fairway change. I figure hell, I've already changed so much why not take a peek into the fairways. The Mashie FW is intriguing, as is the J40.

I'm pondering a Matrix shaft for a Razr Hawk. Specifically the Radix or RUL

I'm pondering a Matrix shaft for a Razr Hawk. Specifically the Radix or RUL

Kmac has the Razr hawk/Radix set up chunky. I've seen it in action and it's legit. Having had some experience with both shafts now, the RUL will offer less launch/spin. That's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back