Fall (Autumn) greens aeration is well upon us in the northeast :( and...

Yeah, the auto-two putt rule is in effect for the next week to 10 days.

Greens, fairways and tees were done here last week.

Yea, a lot of the courses around here in Eastern Washington are doing their aeration and sanding at this time.

Yea, we don't get any discount for this. But when ya think about it, doing this in itself costs money.
We do, in the form of fall rates

We will start the over seed process here in Phx in a few weeks ... I hate it because:

1) Cart path only for awhile
2) and the worst, the snow birds are coming back!!!

The good news is, the course are really pretty and green for winter. (Winter is a loose term here in the desert)

Seems like most of the courses around here are aerated and done. I understand its a necessary part of course management but I wish more courses we let people know when they are doing it.

Luckily there are enough courses around that I can always find at least one with nice greens.

Course I played today in MA was aerating yesterday and today. I played the executive course instead to avoid it (plus I had some time constraints as well). My home course usually notifies in advance and discounts greens fees afterwards so I don't mind it too much.

Well...we are (it looks like) being spared from the possible Hurricane here in the northeast but we won the consolation prize with this current Noreaster storm an now getting the rain we havnt had the past month and its a lot for next 24hrs expected. This should help heel things up for next weeks play greens wise :) but wont be golfing this weekend :(

Back