Fantasy Hockey 2013/2014 (unofficial)

I will play in either just definitely want to play again cause last year was a blast.

If they would stop mishandling their players so much, they would be better off. Myers has really suffered since his rookie season (injuries have played a part), and the Grigorenko screw up last year (burning a year of his ELC) could really hurt them down the line. Realistically though, the team goes nowhere unless Miller performs up to the level he did a couple years ago.

I really never thought much of Myers.. Not sure why.

It's tough to build a team nowadays. Assets like Vanek being the target of an offer sheet hurt them a ton, despite having a GM that would throw a couple of brinks trucks at anything with a "W" on it.

funny how people cannot wait for the hockey season here, its the canadiens season opening golf tournament and there is a live coverage on tv today.

its just Crazy!

Go Habs Go!

I really never thought much of Myers.. Not sure why.

It's tough to build a team nowadays. Assets like Vanek being the target of an offer sheet hurt them a ton, despite having a GM that would throw a couple of brinks trucks at anything with a "W" on it.

Myers is the first to pop in my head, mainly because I bet big on him for my fantasy team, and had to carry his sorry behind around for the past 2 years of no production. I would have thought the ownership of Pegula would have a positive influence, but if a signing like Leino or Ehrhoff is all the money is good for, there is no point to it. They would have been farther ahead developing their own players than wasting so much money on the FA side.

That is quite hilarious coming from a Buffaslug fan. Wanna make a bet the Devils finish ahead of the Buffaturds?

i'll bet you a 6 pack of Shandy there Kovalslug.

That is quite hilarious coming from a Buffaslug fan. Wanna make a bet the Devils finish ahead of the Buffaturds?

there is no way new jersey can finish anywhere else than last... no way

i'm not saying that i see the sabres in the playoffs, but they will be in front of the devils

I just wish i could be confident about my smurfs

i'll bet you a 6 pack of Shandy there Kovalslug.

I cant even drink beer and I would take that bet. You are on.

there is no way new jersey can finish anywhere else than last... no way

i'm not saying that i see the sabres in the playoffs, but they will be in front of the devils

I just wish i could be confident about my smurfs

Is marijuana legal in Montreal?

I am only mildly entertained that I took the fantasy hockey out of the NHL thread and the NHL thread followed hahaha

What style of a league are you running Canadan? Head to Head? Stat Categories?

I am only mildly entertained that I took the fantasy hockey out of the NHL thread and the NHL thread followed hahaha
you go us excited Dan! Hockey is back!

I say even for the casual league we have some kind of fun side wager!!! Anyone? Dev, Ryan?

If TyNo can be serious than I can be too. Count me in eh.

I cant even drink beer and I would take that bet. You are on.

well, according to some...Shandy is not beer. #hatersgonhate
maybe i will think of something more fancy and golf oriented.

it's bound to happen.
knock it off you guys! jeez. don't upset Dan.

I think the North Stars have a real shot this year.

If they would stop mishandling their players so much, they would be better off. Myers has really suffered since his rookie season (injuries have played a part), and the Grigorenko screw up last year (burning a year of his ELC) could really hurt them down the line. Realistically though, the team goes nowhere unless Miller performs up to the level he did a couple years ago.
I have been trying to figure out for years how Darcy Reiger still has a job in Buffalo and he has ruined this team (prior ownership didn't help). I think the biggest mistake Buffalo has made was when they let Daniel Briere and Chris Drury go. This team outside of Thomas Vanek (when healthy) has lacked a serious scoring presence. They keep waiting for guys to step in and they haven't done it.

Myers is the first to pop in my head, mainly because I bet big on him for my fantasy team, and had to carry his sorry behind around for the past 2 years of no production. I would have thought the ownership of Pegula would have a positive influence, but if a signing like Leino or Ehrhoff is all the money is good for, there is no point to it. They would have been farther ahead developing their own players than wasting so much money on the FA side.
All for bringing up players through their farm system, but as long as they aren't like Drew Stafford. :)

All for bringing up players through their farm system, but as long as they aren't like Drew Stafford. :)

You can't develop if you draft stupid. Look at the majority of the floundering teams, and their systems are stocked with duds.

Back