Favorite Cobra Club Ever?

It was the longest easiest to hit club... Cobra Baffler maybe rail I'm not sure it was a garage sale club but man it flew and usually forgiving.

Even though my 1st on course swing ever with my King F7 hybrid set up a kick in eagle my all time favorite has to be my Bio Cell+ driver. Long straight felt amazing and so good looking (mine was blue).

Baffler DWS 4 hybrid and it's not even close. Played that hybrid for 20 years before the Stealth finally kicked it out of the bag.

My current irons

First set of Cobras I had were King Cobra II oversize. Then a complete bag of Amp Cell woods and irons. F9s irons came next. Then 2020 forge tec. Along the way the F9 driver and 3 wood speedzone driver then the LTDx. The 2020 Forge Tecs come close to being my favorites but my all time favorite may very well be my Radspeed Big Tour 3 wood. It’s a beast off the tee.

My past experience with Cobra has been the ZL Encore driver and the S3 Pro irons. I hit the ZL Encore decently but just didn't like the feel. I love the S3 Pro irons, so would probably say those, though I have a feeling something I get this year will be my new favorite.

06 Cobra s9 irons they had .701 COG with a Nippon 90 low kick shaft. The ball would get up so fast, I could still game them today, they're in the garage but I like shiny new stuff.

I had an old Bio Cell driver with Kusala White that was a ridiculous performer. Loved that thing.

My Cobra F8 Plus from the 2018;Morgan Cup has been probably my most consistent performer.

I took out the old s9 irons in celebration of Cobra 50th. Had a lot great rounds with those irons, they were well ahead of its time. IMG_0986.jpeg

I've played a pretty decent amount of Cobra irons going back to 2013 or so, and my top 3 are:

3. F7 irons. I didn't game them terribly long, but the set was really good in terms of approach and composition, being a progressive set that provided a lot of help without ever feeling like it was giving too much help. Like, of course a 4 iron should be a hy-ron, a 6 iron should be a GI semi-hollow, a PW makes sense as a CB iron. I never felt like I was looking at a club that didn't make sense for what it was intended to do.
2. Fly-Z+ driver. Looks great, wonderful feel/sound, and the weight adjustment was simple, intuitive, and produced an actual difference in ball flight in my experience. The feeling of, "I hit a lower-spinning driver farther when I hit the middle of the face" really came through while this was in my bag, and really helped me get from swinging to hit the middle of the face more consistently because the results were so good.
1. King Forged Black CB/MB irons. I should update my signature because after spending the summer toying with replacing them, they're back in my bag, and I can't see them leaving. They look good, the feeling is amazing, and they are more forgiving than their profile indicates. In terms of paying attention to golf equipment for the past decade or so, I think these irons are still the current high water mark for Cobra.

This is a tough one…. Can I pull an elephant moment?

driver: ltdx or
Irons: bio cell+

Vintage Nova Putter.

First set of real clubs I bought for myself around 2003-2004. King Cobra SS oversize. Hacked up alot of the Arizona courses with those clubs.

EC7D3DAB-FB7F-4565-874E-08196948F29E.jpeg

As of right now it’s the Bio cell + driver, I’m hoping the AeroJet LS can change that

Have had a few cobra clubs over the last decade. When I got into golf they were the best bang for the buck and underrated. I also like to play clubs not many other people will have in their bags.

-Had the silver/white bio cell+ in the bag for a few years. Low spin bomber, but if it got offline it was way offline. Loved the feel and sound.

-Have had 3 sets of cobra irons. AMP forged (cheaper version of AP2 designed by same guy). Great set of irons. Picked up a used set of the AMP Cell Pros a couple years ago because I just loved the way they looked when they came out. Finally the 2018 Forged TEC Black. They were kind of one of the first distance players irons and still felt pretty good.

-Also have a Cobra LTD with the space port in the garage

-Current bag consists of the Speedzone driver, F9 3w, and a 56 and 60 King Black wedges.

Have been intrigued by the putters

My favorite Cobra club ever just became that 50th Anniversary driver. :love:

I have to say it's the F9 5W and 7W.

I am not a hoarder, but I am never getting rid of this club. I won it as a kid in a caddie tournament. 1989ish? Happy 50th Cobra!BA3D7F69-4C0E-4319-B2E4-69CDF28B528E.jpeg809F3C18-370F-4E5B-9C1F-62CB506ED231.jpeg9E8269B9-FF71-415F-9578-4CAEF2E94944.jpeg

Favorite in general is the RF proto irons. Favorite I played is the F9 driver

King black wedges. They were amazing for me

My boys have almost always played Cobra, but I only ever had a Bio Cell + driver that I could hit miles but not that straight. Maybe the best feeling/sounding driver I ever had, I tried and tried with that thing.

My son still has the (Kuro Kage?) shaft, in a more recent Cobra head.

Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5 wood.

Lots of custom settings and the rails were superb.

Back