Favorite Course You Played in 2010

Cypress Ridge near Pismo CA. Its a john Jacobson design. nice track. fast greens got to hit every club in the bag. Thats one thing I look for in a course. lots of opportunity to hit lots of clubs and risk reward holes.

Sebonack in the Hamptons hands down. It is one of the top 10 courses I've ever played and I can see why it is hosting the 2013 U.S. Women's Open, and is a strong contender for future U.S. Open as well. We Ko Pa Cholla course is a close second. Love desert golf and the Cholla course is second to none that I've played in terms of beauty, wildlife, shot value and fun quotient.

I don't travel much for golf so my experiences are more limited. I always enjoy playing Torrey Pines early in the morning here in San Diego. But I think my favorite for the year was Barona Creek. It is really nice to play a course that feels like it is out in wild, but really isn't that far away. This year I am trying something new and will travel to Colorado and play at The Broadmoor. Hope to have a new great memory.

Good luck b4golf! I bet its in great shape with the womens US Open coming to town in July.

My favorite course I played last year was Fossil Trace in Golden just west of Denver. http://fossiltrace.com/

She's beautiful, but she'll eat you up! Its more tricky fun and I always have a good time out there.

Grand Geneva (Brute) was the nicest I played in 2010. Will be going back a couple times this year.

Not the best course but Deertrack because I go every year with my dad, uncle and cousins. We play as a 5 some and it is one of the two times a year I get to see them all.

Palmetto Dunes in Hilton Head, awesome set of courses!

Easy - The Old Course. :D

The Augusta National Golf Club...my wife used to work there, was able to play the course as well as the Par 3 at the end of the season (May) before the course was torn apart to prepare for the succeeding season. Next up on Bucket List: TPC Sawgrass and Turnberry Ailsa...

The Augusta National Golf Club...my wife used to work there, was able to play the course as well as the Par 3 at the end of the season (May) before the course was torn apart to prepare for the succeeding season. Next up on Bucket List: TPC Sawgrass and Turnberry Ailsa...

Nice, had to be a great experience

Sandpiper in Santa Barbara, CA
The Gallery in Marana, AZ
Atlantic City Country Club in NJ

Ritz-Carlton Golf Club at Dove Mountain just outside of Tucson where the pros play the WGC Matchplay event at was definitely the best course I played at in 2010.

I was lucky enough to play a bunch of beautiful courses!! My favorite was Sandhills in Mullen, Nebraska. I also played the blue monster and the great white which were both really nice. I just got back from Orlando and my favorites there were magnolia, osperey ridge, grand cypress, and shingle creek.

Deacons Lodge near Brainer, MN. It's an Arnold Palmer design. A WOW!

+1 on the WOW factor. My favorite last year was Greystone in Sauk Center though. It was the last round of an annual "guy's weekend" at my cabin, played on the way home, and I chipped in over water and a sand-trap on 18 to pull off a win against my friends. We had never played it before, and that grass all over the course was LONG and made finding errant shots almost impossible.

I played a lot of great courses in 2010 but one stands out as the best in my mind. Bella Collina in lake County Florida just North of Orlando. Played it one step from the back and it was a joy. There is no hit and hope on this course. You have to plot your way around it or it will eat you alive. The greens are such a test with their subtle breaks and major climate changes. The fairways are quick and penalities are right out in front of you. If you score on the first 5 holes you have gained two shots on the your partners. Great club house and great men's locker room. If you are in Orlando it is a must see course.

438707c4-096c-0fb8.jpg
#6 drive-able par 4

438707c4-099e-3a96.jpg
80k Italian style club house

Eagles Crossing, Carlisle, PA.

Last year would either be
Manor House -
the-manor-house-golf-club.jpg

or
Burnham and Berrow -
burnham_berrow_lge_03.jpg

headed to Kauai tomorrow. playing three courses there. none of them were on my radar for the year so I'll report back on the results.

Poston Butte Golf Club - Florence, AZ
Wild Rock Golf Course - Wisconsin Dells, WI

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando.

I played the Four Seasons Punta Mita Pacifico Course. One of the nicest places I have ever played.

Back