Ferrules. Do you like to customize or go with the stock option

Scarnici

#TeamParadise
Reaction score
I ordered a new set of irons a week and a half ago and Saturday they show up at my house. Before taking one swing with them I find myself in my workshop taking off the heads and installing new ferrules. Is it me or do you guys like to customize equipment?

Cant believe you started this..I just pulled 7 graphite shafts to replace them with Nippon 950GH Neos and I'm looking at ferrules now...single ring, I don't like distractions..grips I'm going back and forth on now too....building my bag for our groups April Trip to Hilton Head..I think it might happen..

I ordered a new set of irons a week and a half ago and Saturday they show up at my house. Before taking one swing with them I find myself in my workshop taking off the heads and installing new ferrules. Is it me or do you guys like to customize equipment?

I prefer a little customization but it's more work than I'm equipped for so I usually just go with the stock.

When you break them down like this are you checking specs as well?

If I could replace the ferrules on my own, I would definitely have custom. But, I am not going to pay to have the whole set reshafted to have customs put on. I think they are a really nice accent to some sets.

Custom always if they’re not just for review. It’s super easy to do.

I prefer a little customization but it's more work than I'm equipped for so I usually just go with the stock.

When you break them down like this are you checking specs as well?

The work is pretty simple. As for specs I check length and SW

so just pulling shafts adding ferrule reinstall?

Yeah. I make sure the SW and length is right as I always go a little shorter in my irons

Yeah. I make sure the SW and length is right as I always go a little shorter in my irons

sounds like i need to make a winter trip out when i figure out the 2021 setup

how many extra sets of colorful ferrules do you have in the shop?

Custom, love the BB&F black scot shorties.

I am not a ferrule guy. BB&F has a lot of cool designs but I haven’t ever thought to replace mine.

I switch out way too much to get the fancy ones... but I really do want to commit to something long term between shafts and heads and get some cool ferrules to go along with it.

I do get colored ones though - Usually grail golf.

I switch out way too much to get the fancy ones... but I really do want to commit to something long term between shafts and heads and get some cool ferrules to go along with it.

I do get colored ones though - Usually grail golf.

I have a few sets from Grail that’s I really like

I prefer to add some flair! BB&F are my favourite. My custom order just arrived last week - posted in the BB&F Co. Custom Ferrules thread (linked).

i still cant believe this is even a thing, stock.. custom pfft..

I really prefer custom but it's too much work to take my clubs apart just to install new ones. If I'm swapping out shafts though I'll definitely go custom and add some character.

Apparently, I like customized ferrules...my clubs are definitely not representative of my game.

I prefer to add some flair! BB&F are my favourite. My custom order just arrived last week - posted in the BB&F Co. Custom Ferrules thread (linked).
I wouldn't mind the flair price if it was something I stuck with, or if they were reusable... Sadly, tinker town is just too much fun.

i still cant believe this is even a thing, stock.. custom pfft..

haha, why? Are all tees wood color? Ball markers blank metal? divot tools? Etc?

It's fun. Fun is fun.

I wouldn't mind the flair price if it was something I stuck with, or if they were reusable... Sadly, tinker town is just too much fun.
Yes, since you get to play with MANY sets a year, I can see how that expense could quickly add up!

Yes, since you get to play with MANY sets a year, I can see how that expense could quickly add up!
Even though @Jman chirps me for my boring non-turned ferrule game, I dig it haha

Back