Filling R11S with Cotton

Fill it with helium, make the head lighter. Might float away though.

I'd say hydrogen, but then it would be a bomb. Make the ball go farther though.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

I am finished

[video=youtube;nMyh356-1nI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMyh356-1nI[/video]

Excited to hear the after result! Regarding filling thou, wouldn´t it be easier to use door/window frame foam - you know the stuff you put in to insulate? Should work in shafts as well I imagine(maybe that´s even the stuff they use at TT?). I have a Cobra tha could use some stuffing, but there´s no way to get the stuff into the clubhead.

Hah, you beat me to it!!

I think that would get too solid. The club face needs to fluctuate and bend so if it doesn't have that luxury then my guess is that it would be too rigid and crack. That's why I chose cotton. Fluffy even when filled to the brim, the clubface still will be able to perform as usual without resistance.

Excited to hear the after result! Regarding filling thou, wouldn´t it be easier to use door/window frame foam - you know the stuff you put in to insulate? Should work in shafts as well I imagine(maybe that´s even the stuff they use at TT?). I have a Cobra tha could use some stuffing, but there´s no way to get the stuff into the clubhead.

Hah, you beat me to it!!

isn't that how metalwoods used to be made wayyyyyyy back in the day when they were new? I seem to remember old TM ads talking about how they were foam filled for consistent weights and pleasant sound.. (the TM midsize from back in the early 90's)

That's pretty awesome Thain. TBH, the sound change doesn't show up much on video. I'm sure it does in person though. I hope this project works out for you on the course.

That definitely takes some patience, dude. Hope you get the results you were looking for. I wasn't aware that folks did something like this to form a cheaper version of sensicore. Makes sense to me.

All I can say is wow. It's now a very flat sound. Like a newspaper swatting a fly. I LOVE it!!!

Quite an interesting project but it sounds like its a success. Great work Junior!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang dude is does have a less tingy sound to it now. Cool project Thain.

--
Tapatalk2

Very interesting, thanks for posting the videos, I have never heard of anyone doing this before. I think I can hear a very subtle difference between filled and not filled.

If this continues to be successful, I will more than likely do this also.

I remember hearing that Camillio was getting something injected into his Taylormade beacuse he hated the sound. Cool project let us know how it all works out.

That's pretty awesome Thain. TBH, the sound change doesn't show up much on video. I'm sure it does in person though. I hope this project works out for you on the course.

I couldn't tell any difference in the sound in the two videos either.

I am interested to hear how this works out for you.

Can I send my R11S head to you and you can do that to mine? Naw, I don't mind the sound too awfully much. Glad it worked out well for you junior.

What do you get when you cross a Rabbit w/ a bored Canadian? A silence'ed R11S driver!

Wonder what would happen if you filled it with peanut butter

Definitely interesting. I did indeed notice a sound change video to video, but I'm also using a $150 headphone set.

Thainer I actually did this with my Supertri and it sure as heck does deaden the sound and feels a little more solid, not as much as my hotmelted R11s head but it helps quite a bit, looking forward to some swing videos with it.

Last edited:
I hate the sound of mine, but I'm scared to do anything about it. You're a braver man than I am.

Pretty cool little project Thain. I can't wait to watch the videos when I get home. Hopefully it treats you well on the course.

Cool project! If you ever wanted to get it out, I wonder if you could pour some acetone into the head to melt the foam out.

I got a swing video on 18 yesterday, I pulled it. But the sound change is drastic.

There I could hear the sound change. That sounds good.

I got a swing video on 18 yesterday, I pulled it. But the sound change is drastic.

that sounds a lot like my superquad...muted but a definitive strike sound

Nice video Thainer, it is def more muted for sure. This weekend when I play I will try to get a video of mine with the Hot Melted head to compare to the cotton to see if there is a big difference or not. Good stuff dude. I know I loved my Supertri a lot more once I filled it with cotton. How many total cotton balls did you end up getting in? Also what size cotton balls did you use, small, normal, or the large jumbo ones because that makes a big difference on how quick it fills up and the amount used. I always use the normal sized ones.

Back