paintitblack85

Reaction score
Handicap
As some of you guys know i passed the rules, etiquette and skill test we have here in switzerland a week ago. As soon as you pass this test you are allowed to play the 9 and 18 hole courses here in switzerland. it is like a driving licence for golf. so today i headed out to a 9 hole course in thun near the capital of switzerland to play my first round ever. i had some good and some really bad holes. i was obviously quite nervous but after the first two holes it was alright. i made 14 points stableford and hat to pick uf the ball on two holes. there is a lot of room to improve but right know i am enjoying the game and finally being able to play the longer courses.
i took some pictures of the course here in switzerland. maybe some of you might be interested how these courses look like over here. sorry for the bad quality but i have to get a new cam. that's also the reason why i didn't make a HOTD-Video.

awesome congratulations on passing your exam. Playing a course is so much different than hitting balls at a range. It's also much more rewarding!

Congrats on getting your first round in PIB.

That is freaking awesome!

Congratulations!

As some of you guys know i passed the rules, etiquette and skill test we have here in switzerland a week ago. As soon as you pass this test you are allowed to play the 9 and 18 hole courses here in switzerland. it is like a driving licence for golf. so today i headed out to a 9 hole course in thun near the capital of switzerland to play my first round ever. i had some good and some really bad holes. i was obviously quite nervous but after the first two holes it was alright. i made 14 points stableford and hat to pick uf the ball on two holes. there is a lot of room to improve but right know i am enjoying the game and finally being able to play the longer courses.
i took some pictures of the course here in switzerland. maybe some of you might be interested how these courses look like over here. sorry for the bad quality but i have to get a new cam. that's also the reason why i didn't make a HOTD-Video.
Wish we did that here in the States. It amazing to me as I watch people on the course that have no clue what they are doing and can tell they didn't take the time to learn anything about the game before they walked onto the course.

Congrats by the way!

Congrats on getting out there after passing the exam last week, happy for you man! Sounds like things went pretty good and you are looking forward to the next time out.

They should make golfers in the US pass that course before going out.

Congrats, looks like a nice course. That would be really cool to see a HOTD from Switzerland.

Congrats on getting out there after passing the exam last week, happy for you man! Sounds like things went pretty good and you are looking forward to the next time out.

Thank you very much. Appreciate it. I really enjoyed going out on the course and trying to take my game from the driving range to the course which is a completely different game ;). Hope i can play my first tournament the next few months to get my first HCP.

Congrats, looks like a nice course. That would be really cool to see a HOTD from Switzerland.

I'll try to do a HOTD as soon as possible. But i have to get a new camera first and it will be a little strange to do it in english. But i'll try my best ;)

They should make golfers in the US pass that course before going out.

I completely agree!!! Especially the etiquette part!!!!

Well done dude. Thats looks like a seriously nice course

I'll try to do a HOTD as soon as possible. But i have to get a new camera first and it will be a little strange to do it in english. But i'll try my best ;)

That would be cool, but don't do it unless your comfortable with it. Everyone thinks I sound funny too, haha

Congrats. I still think it's a silly way to do things to make you pass a test, but that's awesome that you had fun.

That would be cool, but don't do it unless your comfortable with it. Everyone thinks I sound funny too, haha

But i don't think you sound as funny as a swiss guy trying to talk english ;)

That's great! Kinda crazy you have to pass a test to play golf. Maybe they should have something like that here

Tapaway!

congrats! hope its the first of Many many more to come!

That's great! Kinda crazy you have to pass a test to play golf. Maybe they should have something like that here

Tapaway!
That would mean too many people would know how to play golf, understand golf course etiquite, speed up play, understand the basics of the rule book and enjoy the game more. Makes too much sense to do here.

I bet you enjoyed a lot, I think when we work for something it's more appreciated! Congratulations!

Way to go on the first round i remember my first round well it was -6c lol the course looks nice too.

Way to go on the first round i remember my first round well it was -6c lol the course looks nice too.

Didn't realize you had to go through that in England as well Boss. That's pretty cool.

Wish we did that here in the States. It amazing to me as I watch people on the course that have no clue what they are doing and can tell they didn't take the time to learn anything about the game before they walked onto the course.

Congrats by the way!

I agree, bro...I wished they had to pass the rules and etiquitte at the very least....you see people out there that have no clue what they are doing.

Congrats on the round PIB....course looks very nice.

It seem's like people would be more apt to stick with it and work harder to get good at it if they had to go through something like this. Golf needs to remain fun, yet be serious as well, IMHO.

Back