Flat Brim Hats (Nike) bending into normal hat

Jimmy

Reaction score
Handicap
I don't particularly enjoy the style of the flat brimmed hats, but I do like the color choices. Has anyone had luck bending the brims to a more normal shape? I'm particularly interested in the NIKE ones. I seem to remember when I was little that most hats came with a flat bill, and we bent them. But, I also remember some less-than-perfect results.

I tried it out with a Taylormade "DJ" hat I mistakenly ordered. It didn't seem to hold a curve real well, and it flared out very awkwardly on the sides. I gave up on it.

No. Flat-brimmed caps aren't meant to be bent. They won't bend all that well.

Flat bill hats are designed a little different in comparison to hats back in the day when they were all flat until we got our hands on them. If you didn't put a curve on it you were not one of the cool kids now day's the cool kids want the flat hats. Crazy world

this makes me want to get one just to figure out a way to make it curve properly. hehehe

Im not sure how nike or taylormade flat brims are, but I have been putting a slight curve in my flat brimmed newera 59fifties for years now.

I don't particularly enjoy the style of the flat brimmed hats, but I do like the color choices. Has anyone had luck bending the brims to a more normal shape? I'm particularly interested in the NIKE ones. I seem to remember when I was little that most hats came with a flat bill, and we bent them. But, I also remember some less-than-perfect results.

I have a few, and as they are harder than the older ones they really arent meant to bend persay, buuut, oif you soak the bill with water get a rubber band you can bend the bill in the shape you want and use the rubberband to hold it in placem however,,,,the bill will still go back somewhat to being flat, but it will take the hsape of the bend it will be a wider bend,,,,you will have to leave the rubberband or string one or the other one for a few days though and there were a few hats I had to re-do b/c the bill came back and it was a little wavey, but you can do it to an extent

+1.

It's odd to me that I'm the old guy in this situation and remember "back in my day" when hats were supposed to have a curve in them.... and I'm only 29. But going on the range a couple days ago, there were 2 teenagers and both of them were rocking the flat brim and hitting it better than me... it's unfortunate that they looked so silly because they seemed to be talented golfers! :)

Todays flat brims arent designed to be curved. They use a very stiff cardboard in order to maintain that flatness. You can probably get one to bend a little and maintain that shape if you keep in that bend for a period of time. One thing to be careful with is that if you bend it to far you run the risk of cracking the brim in half.

I personally wear flat brims from time to time, its funny the judging looks and glances you get.

Todays flat brims arent designed to be curved. They use a very stiff cardboard in order to maintain that flatness. You can probably get one to bend a little and maintain that shape if you keep in that bend for a period of time. One thing to be careful with is that if you bend it to far you run the risk of cracking the brim in half.

I personally wear flat brims from time to time, its funny the judging looks and glances you get.
Depends on how old you are. If you are under 20 it looks ridiculous. If you are over 20 it looks stupid. haha

Unless you're wearing the waist of your pants down past your hips. Then you just look cool.

Depends on how old you are. If you are under 20 it looks ridiculous. If you are over 20 it looks stupid. haha

Unless you're wearing the waist of your pants down past your hips. Then you just look cool.

31. Wear my pants in the normal way that "modern" fit pants fit. I'm pretty comfortable and confident in my look at the course, even if you don't like it.

31. Wear my pants in the normal way that "modern" fit pants fit. I'm pretty comfortable and confident in my look at the course, even if you don't like it.
I don't care what you wear and wouldn't tell you not to do it. It still doesn't make me think it doesn't look stupid!

Just my opinion of them Dam. If you want to wear them, go right ahead.

Okay. Just seems a little odd to me. I don't wear them either way.

Its just two different schools of thought. I personally like a little flash on the course, some don't. I personally think pleats and cuffs on the bottom of pants are out of style, so I personally don't like Steve Strickers look. Does it make his look wrong, no, just doesn't fit my style. I know theres a lot of "Personally" here but I think when stating an opinion that has strong feelings or debates, you can't stress its your personal opinion enough.

Because they don't shoot radio videos on the golf course. Except Dynamite hacks version of Boyz In the Hood of course.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Too funny Smalls!

I'm not against the flat brim, but there needs to be a little curve to it... IMO

I now have two flat billed hats for the rest of the year in my desk at school from kids wearing them indoors. When I told them I'd gladly give it back right then if they'd let me shape the bill, they about cried. So, they'll get them back in about 40 days.

I now have two flat billed hats for the rest of the year in my desk at school from kids wearing them indoors. When I told them I'd gladly give it back right then if they'd let me shape the bill, they about cried. So, they'll get them back in about 40 days.

Awesome

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Too funny Smalls!

I'm not against the flat brim, but there needs to be a little curve to it... IMO

I try to get a little slight curve in mine. I don't wear them completely flat.

Personally I like the flat billed hats for one reason:

They tell me who the wanna-be gangstas are.

:act-up:

I can't stand them, and I am only 18, but no, they don't bend well.

Back