TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
You are about to tee off as a threesome when someone walks up to join you carrying a FlingGolf contraption. Would you mind them joining your group to play?

Looks fun actually

I dunno. Seems like it takes away the challenge...which is what make hitting good shots so satisfying.

But I'll try anything once.

I wouldn't try it, but they can do what they want. It screams Lacrosse to me with how it is done though.

hahaha "I don't do drugs". well put together commercial, imho. I wouldn't care. keep pace, and I'd be fine with it. I'd probably try it once to see, but I don't think I'd like it as much as just golfing.

I dunno. Seems like it takes away the challenge...which is what make hitting good shots so satisfying.

But I'll try anything once.
I agree. Seems like it would be too easy!

A friend of mine has one and I tried it once. Still prefer regular golf if I'm paying for the greens fee, but it does seem like a really fun way for someone who doesn't play golf to play with someone who does. Wouldn't have a problem at all getting paired with someone playing fling golf.

Hard pass

So I watched the video and there were not headcovers on the 6 woods that I counted. Also never saw a putter in the bag. The only stand bag I have seen with out the backpack straps. Now that is out of the way. Everyone should have fun out there. If you want to pay to play on a high end course and use that thing go right ahead, don't bother me none. Seems like a waste to me. I would try it on a muni or something but nothing more than that. I might get all I need out of it on the range TBH.

I wouldn't have any problem with him joining us as long as he could keep up. I wonder what the distance range on it is, and if it can come anywhere close to a decent tee shot from a real golf club. It actually looks like fun, I wouldn't mind trying it just for kicks.

Looks fun But I think I will pass.
I have enough trouble with real GOLF!
If someone wanted to join my group that is cool as long as they keep up.

I don't know guys who walk with a single strap or many who walk. The text was a bit lame.

And it's not golf. I think if your SO or wife wanted to play with you and could not play golf, this would be a good sub for them.

As for others playing it on the course? As long as they play fast. Around here, I wonder if they would allow it on some courses, since it is not golf.

Hard pass for me, appears to be just another gimmick, really a modified lacrosse club with a golf ball. It wouldn’t bother me having someone play alongside me though as it would be interesting to see how they score. I do like the minimalist approach though.

I wouldn't have any problem with him joining us as long as he could keep up. I wonder what the distance range on it is, and if it can come anywhere close to a decent tee shot from a real golf club. It actually looks like fun, I wouldn't mind trying it just for kicks.

Website says this about range: “Over 100 yards within 5 minutes of using your FlingStick, but with some practice, strength, and skill, over 200 yards is certainly on the table. Hard-core athletes have been known to bomb it 250+ yards.”

Totally have to pass with this one. It might make a fun family game around the yard though.

I just don't get it at all. Golf is such a great game, because it offers many different options and shots to the hole.

I find most of these attempts to make golf "easier" misguided at best. To me these concepts feel like playing chess with just the pawns and a king. Sure it might be easier to get into, but the game loses all of the finesse that makes it worthwile.

one part that stuck out to me was when the guy said something to the effect of "don't worry about weight transfer yadda yadda"

well, those same things happen when you're lacrossing the ball out there... the "club" doesn't swing itself... and if you're just looking to spray the ball everywhere without a care, you can do that with a golf club just as easily...

one part that stuck out to me was when the guy said something to the effect of "don't worry about weight transfer yadda yadda"

well, those same things happen when you're lacrossing the ball out there... the "club" doesn't swing itself... and if you're just looking to spray the ball everywhere without a care, you can do that with a golf club just as easily...
Yeah. Gonna have to have some weight transfer if you want to get any distance on the ball.

Yeah I’d like to see it in person and have a go 😃.

That's what I was thinking. Also hoping I would tear a rotator cuff or something 😂

No collared shirt no lacrossegolf. 😜

That’s as much like golf as frisbee golf. Welcome to join and we will get some laughs, but that’s about it.

Could be fun, it's not golf IMO and I'd probably hurt something being old and using different muscles etc... There's a guy around here who does something similar but the 'sticks' he uses are a lot longer and whippier. Actually thought he was coming down to fish the pond next to 1st tee when I 1st saw him. We had 3 foursomes going off sequentially for our skins games so we let him go ahead solo. That was a mistake. I was in the front foursome and we continually waited on him and were very happy he quit after 9. Going by the places he 'hit' his approaches from I'm guessing he was getting about 180 off the tee. Maybe these official fling sticks are more efficient, but he was young (45 maybe) and looked to be pretty fit but I doubt he ever sniffed 200 yards.

no one, i repeat no one carries a bag that way......

Not for me. This guy should play at a course with the clown's mouth and windmill or frisbee golf course

#getoffmylawn 🤣

Back