Florida Holiday Golf Get-together

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was sand on that course?
To be fair, there is plenty of sand at University Park too. Not as much as True Blue, but a decent amount.

awesome, guess I will just try to hit fairways and greens like everyone else does

Seriously War? Is there a fairway even on that hole?

Like on hole 16?

patuqyqy.jpg

Not sure you remember this, but I put up a big effin number on that hole. Like triple big when we were playing there last year.

Not sure you remember this, but I put up a big effin number on that hole. Like triple big when we were playing there last year.

I love how we golfers can remember scores we shot on holes from a year ago, but try to remember what we had for dinner last night, or where we last put down the remote control!

awesome, guess I will just try to hit fairways and greens like everyone else does

Seriously War? Is there a fairway even on that hole?
It's actually a Par 5. First 200 yards is a bunker, then more sand on the left, right and middle of the fairway.
That hole can be tricky. So inviting to go for it in two.

I had fast food...haha. I kid I kid.

You got that right. We teed off on the back 9 with a couple of older folks that called it goff like buckjob. I was even par or 1 over heading into that hole (through 5) and then exploded. Think I finished with 43 or so on the front. Sadly the back did not get any better. But playing with War is fun regardless of what you shoot.

War is fun to play with, unless the group in front of you is letting you pass on a par 3 and War is on the tee

I had fast food...haha. I kid I kid.

You got that right. We teed off on the back 9 with a couple of older folks that called it goff like buckjob. I was even par or 1 over heading into that hole (through 5) and then exploded. Think I finished with 43 or so on the front. Sadly the back did not get any better. But playing with War is fun regardless of what you shoot.
I forgot about those guys, interesting to play that distance on that course with them.
War is fun to play with, unless the group in front of you is letting you pass on a par 3 and War is on the tee
Shut up

This is going to be a great get together, loads of fun and lots of laugh

Is Sunday Hacker still in the Tampa area?
I think he is, SW. He posted a while ago, but havent seen him around in a while.

I skimmed this thread a bit. You guys are going to have a blast.

If I wasn't concerned about my wife changing the locks on me while I was in FL, I would be in serious ponder mode on this one. Have a great time!

If I wasn't concerned about my wife changing the locks on me while I was in FL, I would be in serious ponder mode on this one. Have a great time!
Just tell her you have to work, late......

Bring her.

Bring her.

It's a good idea, but it won't happen. She is not yet ready to leave our daughter at home, and she is not going to want to bring our daughter on the trip. One day, though, that plan will come to fruition.

Meanwhile, if I make two out-of-state golf trips in three weeks, I can count on my wife preparing papers for me on my return...

Cmon ATL. You told me you hedge your bets. Certainly you can in this situation...hehe
Are you saying she is a better negotiator?

It's a good idea, but it won't happen. She is not yet ready to leave our daughter at home, and she is not going to want to bring our daughter on the trip. One day, though, that plan will come to fruition.

Meanwhile, if I make two out-of-state golf trips in three weeks, I can count on my wife preparing papers for me on my return...
Easy fix; Strike first!

ATLGolfer was added to the first post, since he is coming down for this now. :alien:

ATLGolfer was added to the first post, since he is coming down for this now. :alien:

Good thinking, maybe send him a PM telling him he won a trip to Sarasota on the 29th, he can tell the Mrs he won a contest

Cmon ATL. You told me you hedge your bets. Certainly you can in this situation...hehe
Are you saying she is a better negotiator?

I certainly know when to play and when to fold. This is one to fold. The marriage equity will come back in multiples before I'm ready to head to the outing in May.

wanted to bump this, I know we still have room for more, and as the thermometer reaches 30* today, I can appreciate this trip even more

wanted to bump this, I know we still have room for more, and as the thermometer reaches 30* today, I can appreciate this trip even more
It's a brisk 71* down here.

2 weeks to go!!!

Can't wait for this!

Ugh is it here yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back