Foresight GCQuad Launch Monitor

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I watched a video last night that included a discussion on this and it looks like a nice upgrade to the GC2

Will be asking my pro if he will be changing from the GC2 + HMT setup he currently has to this sometime in the future?

That's awesome. Really dang awesome.

Looking forward to the new information!

I have used gc2 for several of my fittings and this upgrade is impressive. Can't wait to hear more

Sounds like a nice advancement for GC2.
Still needing the dots on the face for club info is a bit of a shame IMO, but just like every other launch monitor...I want one.

Nice improvements. Hope to see these this spring while doing some fittings.

Seems like an improvement and it also looks more portable but needing a dot on the club face to get club head speed seems odd to me. If these were to be used in stores like the GC2 was used in Golfsmith wouldn't that be an issue? I know everyone likes to see how fast they are swinging don't they?

Seems like an improvement and it also looks more portable but needing a dot on the club face to get club head speed seems odd to me. If these were to be used in stores like the GC2 was used in Golfsmith wouldn't that be an issue? I know everyone likes to see how fast they are swinging don't they?
They'll just preset the smash factor and measure ball only just like they do now.

This release seems like 3 steps forward and 2.5 steps back to me.

Mr. James, thanks for the writeup/preview on this. I can't tell you how excited I am to get a look at this thing at the show.

Gc2 uses ball speed vice swing speed in it measurements. The hmt which is where the dots came into play is what allows gc2 to get additional data points that are commonly seen on Doppler systems.

Nice. This looks very cool. Can't wait to find out more about it and see the results

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hopefully the price point on these is trending down.. and not up on this new unit, but I doubt it.

Really dislike their new policy on gouging second hand owners on software and parts to discourage private sales of used units.

Gc2 uses ball speed vice swing speed in it measurements. The hmt which is where the dots came into play is what allows gc2 to get additional data points that are commonly seen on Doppler systems.

I thought that using the HMT system with all of the dots gave more data points than Doppler systems?

I thought that using the HMT system with all of the dots gave more data points than Doppler systems?

I don't have any experience with hmt and in my fittings and lessons with Doppler systems the teacher or fitter never used a lot of the information so from a pure numbers of amount of info each provides I don't know which has more, just that for gc2 additional software and the hmt were needed to get similar information as the Doppler systems. I know when I looked into flight scope for personal use they had different models and the amount of data provided increased as you went up in price.

I don't have any experience with hmt and in my fittings and lessons with Doppler systems the teacher or fitter never used a lot of the information so from a pure numbers of amount of info each provides I don't know which has more, just that for gc2 additional software and the hmt were needed to get similar information as the Doppler systems. I know when I looked into flight scope for personal use they had different models and the amount of data provided increased as you went up in price.

I can only comment from the other side with having my lessons using GC2+HMT which gives the usual angle of attack and path numbers etc, but I also see the ball impact location on the face, static and dynamic lofts

I was fitted for my driver using Flightscope and I got distance, club/ball speeds, spin rates launch angles, but no impact location data

I'm scared to look at the price tag on this one... Considering I'm in the market for a launch monitor, this would be a dream. It's a shame it'll cost the same as a car, lol.

Is it safe to assume that this is the launch monitor that the THP testers will all be equipped with this year? I remember you saying something about this subject?! Regardless, pretty cool little unit.

This looks really cool!

I wonder if they'll discontinue the GC2 as soon as pre-orders start on the GCQ?

I wonder if they'll discontinue the GC2 as soon as pre-orders start on the GCQ?

I'd be surprised if they did, especially since they are offering trade-ins on the GC2, good opportunity to refurbish and sell GC2's IMO. But, who knows for sure.

The capabilities of the GCQ seem great. However, I have heard that the cost of the GCQ will be more than twice that of the GC2. That is a big problem for home users or any golf shop that is trying to keep costs under control. I've seen a lot of retailers start using the SkyTrak as a low-cost option to the GC2, so a high-cost option like the GCQ will be a disappointment to many. I wish that Foresight were just as interested in building a more affordable version of the GC2 as they are in building a higher-end model.

I saw Bryson using the GCQuad on the putting green the other day working on that crazy putting stroke of his and the fact that its easily usable there is awesome IMO. Some fun data to get there.

Back