Best use of an elevator during a THP function.

"Cougar bait" award

Cool. We got the okay.

We need to determine our categories (I'd suggest no more than 10 with at least half of those being serious).

Once we determine the categories all nominations will be public and made in the nomination threads. Nomination threads will be open for 2 weeks. We will take the top 3, maybe up to 5 on popular categories, for voting.

When voting begins, if polls can't be kept private, I will tally all votes via PM. Voting will be open 2-3 weeks (depending on when categories are set, nominations are done, and how much time extra time should be allotted because of the holidays).

Now, let's select our categories and have some fun.

I'll edit OP to show official categories as we go.

Cool. We got the okay.

We need to determine our categories (I'd suggest no more than 10 with at least half of those being serious).

Once we determine the categories all nominations will be public and made in the nomination threads. Nomination threads will be open for 2 weeks. We will take the top 3, maybe up to 5 on popular categories, for voting.

When voting begins, if polls can't be kept private, I will tally all votes via PM. Voting will be open 2-3 weeks (depending on when categories are set, nominations are done, and how much time extra time should be allotted because of the holidays).

Now, let's select our categories and have some fun.

I'll edit OP to show official categories as we go.

Shouldnt we wait another month or so? It's not even in to November yet, still got a bit of 2011 left.

Shouldnt we wait another month or so? It's not even in to November yet, still got a bit of 2011 left.

We could. But, by the time we determine categories (1-2 weeks), take nominations (1-2 weeks), vote (2-3 weeks), and tally votes it'll be 2012.

Maybe fewer categories?

We could. But, by the time we determine categories (1-2 weeks), take nominations (1-2 weeks), vote (2-3 weeks), and tally votes it'll be 2012.

Maybe fewer categories?

Arent most awards announced after the "season"? Or in this case year.

Arent most awards announced after the "season"? Or in this case year.

The "season" is about over (at least here in Indiana) but we can definitely wait.

The "season" is about over (at least here in Indiana) but we can definitely wait.

So are these golf season awards? Or forum awards? I guess I am confused. The forum does not stop when the season ends and it is certainly not over for everybody of course.

Maybe fewer categories?

Ok, I see what you are doing now. Got it.

So are these golf season awards? Or forum awards? I guess I am confused. The forum does not stop when the season ends and it is certainly not over for everybody of course.

As I stated, I was thinking by the time this is all set up and done the winners wouldn't be announced until 2012.

We can use the rest of this year to discuss and select categories and then roll right into next year ready to go.

Heck THP may be my only link to golf during the winter months. I'm glad I found my home away from winter...

I second this one. I would also have to nominate the Turdleist 910 for driver of the year.

And KellyBo in "wife most likely to be won in a golf match".

And KellyBo in "wife most likely to be won in a golf match".

YES!

I would also like to have a category entitled, "Thank Gawd this person got banned". I have some nominees for that one. And of course, "Most Awesome THP Staffer" for your truly.

YES!

I would also like to have a category entitled, "Thank Gawd this person got banned". I have some nominees for that one. And of course, "Most Awesome THP Staffer" for your truly.

"wife most likely to be pondered in an equipment thread..."

YES!

This thing could be like the World Almanac by the time it's done.

"wife most likely to be pondered in the Hole of the Day thread..."

good idea!

YES!

I really got along well with most of the people who would fill out this category!

I'd like to see a computerize ranking also, which would be using in a top secret mathematical formula that also includes a percentage of the human votes. Once the composite ranking is published, we then have a mythical championship matchup before awarding anything.

The computerized ranking would incorporate a "Strength of Post" using the below formula:

(# of characters in post divided by total posts) + (# of replies in "Check In Desk" thread divided by total posts)

I'd like to see a computerize ranking also, which would be using in a top secret mathematical formula that also includes a percentage of the human votes. Once the composite ranking is published, we then have a mythical championship matchup before awarding anything.

The computerized ranking would incorporate a "Strength of Post" using the below formula:

(# of characters in post divided by total posts) + (# of replies in "New Member" thread divided by total posts)

Thay already have something similar to this. It's called the BCS. hahaha

what about the Guy with the biggest.....

Driver

Most misleading company representative...

How about we have one for the most pointless thread award?

Bullfrog should get something for the idea about a THP dating/singles section. That was funny.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Back