Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

The beautiful thing about THP testing is it happens every single month. Irons, drivers, wedges, putters, golf balls, training aids and more.

Exactly! And with more and more members, and hopefully a bunch of them stick around, perhaps we see even more testing opportunities. I think it's great to see so many applicants for this one.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Exactly! And with more and more members, and hopefully a bunch of them stick around, perhaps we see even more testing opportunities. I think it's great to see so many applicants for this one.

Well I'm new, and I ain't goin' nowhere :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said.

That can only be a good thing :D, it will be very interesting to see how many of the new members stick around though after the testers have been announced.

I'm here until the domain name is no longer renewed lol

I now tap while I talk

Sure we have been burned before? ANybody seen HoleOut1983 since receiving his gear to test? After about 2 weeks of testing, he vanished and has not been heard from since.

I completely forgot about HoleOut as well. He seemed sincerely committed to the forum too. I thought he was gonna be one of the good ones...

Lets get this one back to the excitement of the irons. Tomorrow is the big day. Announcement coming late morning.

A big day for 7 lucky ppl. Glad I have tapatalk lol

I now tap while I talk

Lets get this one back to the excitement of the irons. Tomorrow is the big day. Announcement coming late morning.

Can't wait to find out who will be providing us with updates on these wonderful irons.

I actually got to spend some quality time with them on Friday because a local course right near where I work had a Nike demo day going on. The biggest thing that impressed me was that despite being designed for higher skilled players even for me they were fairly easy to hit. I really liked what I saw from the ball flight, especially the scoring irons, they still got up but definitely seemed more penetrating(or maybe I'm ballooning my x22's) yet softer on the ladning than the x22's I currently game. Can't say much distance wise since I didn't have my irons with me to do a side by side, but I'd say they were on par with what I'm currently seeing. I'd almost bet that distance could be better with time to get comfortable with them.

One thing I did notice about them, that I actually really liked is that they seemed to be a longer club shaft wise than my X22's. After looking online when I got home it confirmed that they are indeed a 1/4" longer. The slightly longer shaft seemed to grove with my swing better.

Last edited:
I cant wait to see who the lucky people are! The suspense is KILLING me.. I am excited to see what people have to say about these. I haven't gone to hit them at the store but they are great looking irons.

I'll start my praying to the golf gods now. Good luck everyone. I know great testers will be selected.

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Deep Red
2. What is your handicap index? 21
3. What do you look for in an iron set? Good looks, good feel and distance
4. On looks alone what are your thoughts on these irons? Very, Very nice.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf 4-5 times a week, If chosen I would be on everynight reporting on my findings with the irons and giving honest feedback, I would aslo put them up against my irons and show comparisons, both spec and pictures.

I hit these at Golfsmith yesterday and I know there will be 7 very very happy testers. These sticks look amazing in person and they feel great striking balls. I really liked the weighting of the clubs personally.

im really interested to hear the thoughts of someone going from gi irons to these. as its something i think im going to try a combo set of irons (blades split cavity and cavity) for my next step in the golfing world.

I agree TC. Some people view more members or existing members as threats to their opportunities and thats why I guess they get upset. But growth breeds opportunities. I for one am extremely excited to see Nike involved with forum testing.

Man do I have butterflies waiting for Monday's announcement. These irons are a dream.

I agree TC. Some people view more members or existing members as threats to their opportunities and thats why I guess they get upset. But growth breeds opportunities. I for one am extremely excited to see Nike involved with forum testing.

Man do I have butterflies waiting for Monday's announcement. These irons are a dream.

+3 or so. I don't know how that works. More members = more opportunities. I don't look at these as free clubs honestly. The good testers work really hard. This is a great opportunity for THP to bring another big OEM into the fold. This is an important testing so I don't care if it's old members or new members. I just want the testers to pour their hearts into it for the good of the forum. Do a great job and Nike will be happy. A happy OEM means more opportunities for everyone. 7 lucky folks have some fun but hard work ahead and I can't wait to see how it unfolds. Good luck everyone!!

+3 or so. I don't know how that works. More members = more opportunities. I don't look at these as free clubs honestly. The good testers work really hard. This is a great opportunity for THP to bring another big OEM into the fold. This is an important testing so I don't care if it's old members or new members. I just want the testers to pour their hearts into it for the good of the forum. Do a great job and Nike will be happy. A happy OEM means more opportunities for everyone. 7 lucky folks have some fun but hard work ahead and I can't wait to see how it unfolds. Good luck everyone!!

Well said CL. The more members contributing to THP, the more visibility the site gets. Can only mean good things for the future, given the already amazing opportunities coming to us from companies such as Nike! I just think it's incredible to see the buzz THP can create, with these unique testing threads.

Can't wait to see who will be testing (and hoping I'm one of the lucky ones!) and above all, can't wait to see the results and feedback from what look like great clubs!

im super excited for this one, cant wait to start seeing some reviews on them, the more i look at them the more excited i get. I will be watching this one close while at work tomorrow lol

Can't wait to find out who will be providing us with updates on these wonderful irons.

I actually got to spend some quality time with them on Friday because a local course right near where I work had a Nike demo day going on. The biggest thing that impressed me was that despite being designed for higher skilled players even for me they were fairly easy to hit. I really liked what I saw from the ball flight, especially the scoring irons, they still got up but definitely seemed more penetrating(or maybe I'm ballooning my x22's) yet softer on the ladning than the x22's I currently game. Can't say much distance wise since I didn't have my irons with me to do a side by side, but I'd say they were on par with what I'm currently seeing. I'd almost bet that distance could be better with time to get comfortable with them.

One thing I did notice about them, that I actually really liked is that they seemed to be a longer club shaft wise than my X22's. After looking online when I got home it confirmed that they are indeed a 1/4" longer. The slightly longer shaft seemed to grove with my swing better.

Marius, I also have the X-22 irons. Could you give me a rundown on how the cavity backs of this set compared to the forgiveness of the X-22's? I know the 22's are not the MOST forgiving iron, but how was the transition?

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G15
2. What is your handicap index? 8.4
3. What do you look for in an iron set? I like some workability, but some nice forgiveness in there as well. I feel like my G15 doesn't have that workability I want.
4. On looks alone what are your thoughts on these irons? Beautiful!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf at least 2-3 times a week. So I would be on the site posting my thoughts. I would compare them to a more forgiving set in my G15's. I would also record video and post to youtube.

Thanks for the opportunity Nike and THP

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G15
2. What is your handicap index? 8.4
3. What do you look for in an iron set? I like some workability, but some nice forgiveness in there as well. I feel like my G15 doesn't have that workability I want.
4. On looks alone what are your thoughts on these irons? Beautiful!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf at least 2-3 times a week. So I would be on the site posting my thoughts. I would compare them to a more forgiving set in my G15's. I would also record video and post to youtube.

Thanks for the opportunity Nike and THP

Very nice Clay.

Dude, your handicap is dropping like a stone. W2G man.

I'd like to be considered too, if it's OK.

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping EYE2+
2. What is your handicap index? 24
3. What do you look for in an iron set? FORGIVENESS. Next would be how it looks to me. Then I would want an iron that helps me get the ball UP more consistently.
4. On looks alone what are your thoughts on these irons? They are beautiful! I just held them a couple days ago in my local shop and they are right up there in being the prettiest irons in the shop. Really nice.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am fortunate enough to have a BIG yard that allows me to hit irons every day. I go out in the evenings and hit 6 and 7 irons and others. It also gives me some exercise and helps me try and put the ball close to or to one side or the other of objects. My activity here has been more lurking than posting. I have asked some questions and will continue to do so, but I don't think I am qualified on giving advice. If someone asks about something I know about, I would surely chime in. I enjoy spending time in the equipment section and reading all the testing threads. I too love golf clubs and can't wait to see what the manufacturers come out with each year.
If I were fortunate enough to be chosen to test these irons I would be hitting them every day in the yard and I would also be visiting the driving range right down the road. I am also lucky enough to live in an area that has a plethora of those "EXECUTIVE" courses which would allow me to go and play with nothing but the irons in my bag. I certainly would update and take pics of my thoughts on these clubs. If I did get chosen, no one would have to worry about getting info on them from me. Everyone would know exactly what my thoughts and reactions were in this testing experiment. I would love the chance to participate.

I am coming off of a multi-year layoff from playing golf due to a congenital disorder of my spine. Thanks to good doctors and the miracle of modern medicine, I am able to play golf again. It might be interesting to see how someone coming back to the game and trying to get better would do with these clubs. If picked, you and me both will find out.

I wish you all good luck in getting chosen and can't wait to read and see the results no matter who it is.

Nalajr

At the course now, the Nike Demo Day starts in a little over an hour. Decided to get a little practice in before the demo. Can't wait to hit these clubs! I'll post my initial thoughts after.

Back