Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

Some people joke and it's funny, I was joking and get razzed, :banghead: So much for my post

Just like with any comedian, timing is everything.

To get back on topic, the slot technology really intrigues mee

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

To get back on topic, the slot technology really intrigues mee

Actually, the topic is people who want to be a tester! haha

Actually, the topic is people who want to be a tester! haha

And Adams lol. My first set ever were Adams a3 hybrid set.

Thanks Adams Golf and THP!

1. What irons do you currently play? The original Adams Idea irons with a 3h and 4h. I have had them for about 10 years.

2.What is your handicap index? 10.5

3. What shafts do you play in your irons( Material & flex & brand)? My shafts are steel, stiff flex, True Temper Dynamic Gold Lite.

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? My current irons appear to be oversized with a thick top line. I believe oversized irons help mid to high handicap golfers. They give confidence at set up and I have found that they keep off center hits straighter with minimal loss of distance.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. Each week I play 3 or 4 (18 hole) rounds and go to the range twice. I would use the new irons for all rounds and use both at the range for comparison purposes. I would post my results and observations on THP and Facebook (both good and bad) after each session. I believe more detail is better. I would evaluate looks, set up, feel, distance, ball flight, forgiveness and anything else I observed. I would stay on the site every day to answer any questions readers would post. I would take this testing opportunity very seriously and allocate plenty of time to be thorough and informative. Testing for Adams and THP would be an honor. I am a newer member (joined in 2010) but I am on THP every night and some mornings. I have followed all testing threads and have learned a lot. I would like to give back to the forum by being a great reviewer. THP is the best and I am now a THPer for life. I look forward to meeting forum members at the next Demo Day.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play?
I play TM Burner 2.0

2. What is your handicap index?
18 handicap

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
I play steel, stiff 85, Taylormade brand

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?
I like oversized irons, they usually come with hybrids which is very nice.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I visit THP a couple times a week. I enjoy the contests and the club reviews and new product listings.
My testing plan would envolve range sessions comparing my first impressions and then comparing to the Burners. Then I'd take them to the course!
Would be thankful for the oportunity. Love this site!! I recomend it to playing partners all the time.

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Staff Di11's 4-GW
2. What is your handicap index? 19
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? W/S Widetip
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I neither like not dislike them, looks don't bother me much as i'm a relative beginner and don't know what to expect from a look standpoint. I do love my Di11's though, and they are considered an OS iron. If they play well, it doesn't matter how big or small the iron is to me.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am an active member of THP love it here, I bought my Di11 irons after reading 100+ pages of posts raving about them without even trying them... I read new posts here everyday and will continue to do so. I typically go to the range 3-4x a week and play once a week.

Yet another testing I'm really looking forward to! I can't throw my name in the hat, but am really looking forward to reading what is thought about these when testing starts.

another great opportunity from THP. I recently bought adams irons (A7's) and love them. Best of luck to all the potential testers. Hope to hear some great reviews.

1. What irons do you currently play? MacGregor MT Mid, 4-PW

2. What is your handicap index? OOB index of 21

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel shafts w/ Stiff Flex

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Being a high handicapper I have primarily used over sized irons and appreciate the performance and forgiveness of the clubs. However, I am always drawn towards the aesthetics of clubs with a thinner profile.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? From a testing perspective, I go to the range twice a week to work on what ails me. I play 9 holes on a Wed night weekly league and usually go out on weekends to 18.

As far as my activity level on THP, I read a ton of the articles on THP to stay current w/ the latest golf trends. I am an active member of the forum, however I'm not a serial poster. I post when the topic is really engaging and their is some value that I can add to the discussion. If selected to test the Adams a12 OS Irons, I would diligently put the clubs through the paces and post my honest assessment of clubs on THP. I would also write a final review of the irons at the end of the testing period.

Thanks for the opportunity!

1. I am currently playing Wilson Staff Ci9 irons.
2. My handicap index is a 16
3. The shafts in my irons are "stepless shaft design SS 105 fst" steel with a regular flex
4. I don't dislike or particularly like oversized irons. I love the look of a player's iron but enjoy the results that I get from an oversized iron. That's why I play the irons I do. They are slightly oversized but don't look too big. They offer workability and forgiveness and I like that in an iron.
5. If I get to test these irons I plan on hitting a lot of range balls. I will want to get a feel for how far I hit each club and how they compare to what I am currently using along with overall accuracy and forgiveness. Then I plan on hitting the course to get some feed back from real situations. I want to see how the irons are with full shots and what kind of spin they produce. I also want to check shorter shots and spin on those. I'd like to experiment with them out of the rough and test the overall confidence they give me when standing over the ball.
I visit THP on a daily basis just waiting for new stuff to be posted. I love the reviews and articles. I am new to the forum world but enjoy reading the posts. I would love to have a reason to post more often and reviewing this set of irons would be just that. I tend to read a lot of posts and don't respond because others have already said what I think or im don't feel qualified to answer. But this would give me the opportunity to really tell people what I think.

Google Adams a12 os-- and this Thread shows up! Pretty cool exposure THP

1. What irons do you currently play? Cobra FP 4-GW

2. What is your handicap index? 11.2 OOB

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & 18flex & brand)? Aldila VS Proto-HL 70-S Mid Kick 70g graphite shaft

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have played with oversized irons for many years and I also have played in recent years with a blade. But with my swing in recent years I felt that a OS iron would help. regardless of cavity back or blade, if they work with you, then hit them. You want to have the best setup up to benefit your game.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have been a member on THP for not long but I have been a VERY active member on many aspects of all the sub-froums of THP, from Putting, to driver/iron reviews, to balls and uploading personal reviews both written and video, I am online and posting every day. THP has been a great addition to my bag/game and I don't plan on going anywhere. My testing plan is to get out 2 to 3 times weekly with my local courses either on the range or with my monthly pass to get not only write ups but video. I belive the write ups help but seeing and hearing it first hand is HUGE.

a BIG Thank you goes out to :thp: and :adams: for the great opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade 1.0 left handed stiff shaft
2. What is your handicap index? Currently playing at a 10, lowest its ever been
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? steel, stiff True temper
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? Never played them before
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Play twice a week in a league and practice twice a week at the range 200 balls per practice. Whether i post or just review i'm on THP every day, couple times a day.

1. What irons do you currently play? i10's
2. What is your handicap index? 22
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel S300's
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? unless it increases the sweet spot there is no point to them. It's just more iron for me to get dirty.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? play and practice is about the best I can do for testing. I try to be active on THP but I'm finding that it's beneficial to me to just read and learn.

Testers will be announced tomorrow.

Wow. That is fast!

That was fast. I look forward to seeing who the testers are going to be.

good luck to everyone!!! these should be awesome to test, new slot technology, hybrid type mid clubs!! reminds me of my a3's.. miss them bad boys!!

Holy Cr@p that was fast! Can't wait to see who is gonna be testing these. Good luck everyone!

Back