Forum Testing Signup - Blind Golf Ball Testing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we want to provide the ultimate in unbiased feedback and what better way to do that than to have regular golfers test out products that are completely unmarked. We have been working with a company now that will be sending over some golf balls that have no markings whatsoever. No brand name, no side stamp, no numbers, nothing. All we will tell you is that it is a major OEM.

General Info
THP will send out golf balls (5) to selected THP forum members that want to be part of this truly unique testing in completely unmarked packaging. Your job is to try the ball out and continue to update the testing thread that we setup as you play and work with these new unmarked golf balls.

The Company
All we will give out is that the ball is from a major OEM and outside of that, there is no info available as to the company, the ball, or anything else. We look to you, the golfer, to try out the product and review it.

Rules
There are, however, certain criteria that must be followed to be eligible to receive a golf balls.

1. You must be able to give these a test drive within 5 days of receiving the golf balls.
2. You must put together a write up with your thoughts on the unmarked balls you receive within a day of testing them and continue to update the thread each time you try them out.
3. Like all testing on THP, only honest and detailed feedback is requested.
4. You MUST be a THP Forum member with at least 10 posts to participate.
5. If you are selected and live outside of the CONUS, a small shipping fee must be paid.

We will choosing about 20 golfers to try these golf balls out. We are looking for feedback on looks, feel, performance, distance, spin and everything else that comes with ball testing. Please remember that we take all testing on THP seriously and this is not just a 1 post and done review for a golf ball freebie, but a chance to look at something with no logos and marketing behind it. A very unique opportunity and something that we believe rips through marketing completely.

Signing Up
To be a part of this testing, you must reply in this thread with the answer to these questions. Failure to include ALL info will result in request not being counted.

1. What golf ball do your currently play?
2. What is your handicap?
3. What is your driver swing speed?
4. What do you look for in a golf ball?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you might find out is being tested next and more information before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers Selected
Bogey317
Mardin
Hawk
Spank818
SW
TOAD
thedue
TC
Hanks
griff
Howzat
blugold
war.eagle
bullfrog41775
arydolphin
liquid rage
Trout Bum
mdbuscher
TripleBogieTim
Chunkylover77

Congrats to all 20 that were selected. Please send a PM to GolferGal with your name and shipping address. We will then ship the golf balls to you. There will be a new thread started on this blind testing for you to post your pictures, videos and reviews in. Failure to contact GolferGal with in 48 hours may lead to someone else being chosen.

If you were not selected for this testing, never fear, THP will be back with another round of testing very soon of course. Lets follow along with these 20 testers as they review this golf ball in a way most places never get to see done. Unbiased, honest and for the consumers, by the consumers.

Last edited:
I would love to help with some blind ball testing!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Srixon AD-333 & Bridgestone E6
2. What is your handicap? 12.3
3. What is your driver swing speed? 102-104
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Good distance & ability to stop on greens fairly quickly
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Activity level is high - testing plan would consist of green side chipping, putting, and then full rounds on the course

Thanks THP & blind ball testing company!

Awesome! I am currently testing for vision so I will abstain, but I will say that golfball testing is a blast. If only for the simple fact that you have to play more golf than usual

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Bridgestone e6 or Nike PD Long
2. What is your handicap? 15.6
3. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? A soft feel off my irons and putter.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If picked to be a reviewer, I would test these balls next to the current ball(s) I normally play. I play twice a week and I practice at the driving range and on the putting green twice a week as well. I would be posting my findings on THP on a daily/weekly basis as well as posting on Facebook and even Twitter.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? B330 RX

2. What is your handicap? 17.1

3. What is your driver swing speed? 98-100

4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Low spin off the driver, durable yet responsive cover

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least twice a week, with a few practice session tossed in. My practice sessions sometimes include indoor facilities which would allow for data collection via launch monitors. My activity level on THP is high and hopefully sufficient.
Thanks THP and mystery OEM

Thank you THP for another unique and awesome opportunity. I have recently found out that the golf ball is the most important piece of equipment in my bag as I use it for every stroke.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Bridgestone e6
2. What is your handicap? 16.3
3. What is your driver swing speed? 90
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? I look for distance off the tee but soft feel around the greens.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have been playing 2 rounds a week for the past several weeks as well as hitting the range putting green 2-3 times a week. I have been a very active member of THP since joining and would absolutely love to participate in this opportunity. I would definitely be able to give at least 2 reviews a week (probably more).

Thank you again THP for this opportunity. We are truly lucky to be a part of this wonderful site.

Another amazing opportunity to Get unbiased feedback. I loved following the last test that was done and am excited for this one as well.
1. What golf ball do your currently play? TaylorMade Penta TP
2. What is your handicap? 8.5
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Good distance, low spin off the driver, good spin around the greens and soft for putting and chipping. Is that too much to ask?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My activity level is high. My testing would consist of short game practice. Shots from 100 yards and in, chipping, pitching and putting. Also, putting this ball in play in my rounds to see overall performance.

Thanks THP & Mystery Ball Company!

Thanks THP and Mystery Company for another testing opportunity.

Seeing as I am testing the Vision Balls I will abstain from this selection as I want to concentrate all my efforts into my feedback for Vision

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Diablo Tour
2. What is your handicap? 16.2
3. What is your driver swing speed? 95-105
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Nice feel, no rocks. Spin. Some sidespin control.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I can get out immediately after receiving these balls. I do about 36-45 holes a week and a driving range is within 1 mile of my workplace. (for some short game action) :good:
I also have a loving and forgiving wife that would allow me to spend as much time with these as necessary!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Nike Mojo/Juice II

2. What is your handicap? 12

3. What is your driver swing speed? 100

4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Feel around the green

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I usually play at least once a week. I work weekends so I have the ability to play most weekdays. I am very active on THP forums.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? I play the Callaway Tour i(s)
2. What is your handicap? 16
3. What is your driver swing speed? 106
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? I look for low spin off the driver and good control, sound/feel off my irons and wedges. I like a ball to feel substantial off the putter too.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to take these balls out within a day of receiving them and playing them like I would play my current selection. Since I tend to have a lot of variation in my game, Ill be able to give a perspective from a lot of different shots. Video reviews and pictures will also help tell the story.

Thanks for the opportunity to test.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? - Nike One Tour or One Tour D
2. What is your handicap? - 8
3. What is your driver swing speed? - 105
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? - Greenside control
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I visit THP numerous times per day to read multiple threads, and post multiple times/week. As for testing, I would be able to take these out to a nice practice chipping and putting area within a day of receiving, and to the course within a couple of days. I would test these against my Nike One Tour and Pentas. I would focus on full swing trajectory with irons and driver, predictability and feel with chipping, and feel with putting.

Thanks THP and the mystery company for putting these in the hands of real life hackers. The results should be a blast to see.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? B330 RX, E6, ProV1 (Depending on the course I'm playing that day and its conditions)
2. What is your handicap? 11.5 currently
3. What is your driver swing speed? 96
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? On a course with soft greens I simply look for stright distance. Another course I play has hard tough greens where I play a much softer ball.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I hope to test this ball in as many different conditions as possible and really put it through the paces. I hope to have a new SW soon that should give me an idea how the cover holds up, but all testing will be done with another ball to compair apples to apples. I'm extremely active in about everything THP, ask my better half, lol.

1. What golf ball do your currently play?

I currently am rotating between a couple of golf balls. My tried and true Bridgestone B330RX, Callaway's Tour i(z), and Callaway's Diablo Tour.

2. What is your handicap?

3. What is your driver swing speed?

Average: 111 mph

4. What do you look for in a golf ball?

I find it important to have a golf ball that offers less spin off the tee. I know a lot of folks focus more on greenside spin but I don't. I find that I can sacrafice that in exchange for something that spins less off the tee. I don't really want to rely on spin to be an efficient golfer around the greens.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

Right now, I am playing once a week, and practicing once a week. A lot of that schedule has to do with Morgan Cup preparation. Most of my practice time is spent on the short game area and with the putter anyway, so it would give me ample opportunity to test these balls out in that capacity.

As for my activity level on THP, I'd say I meet the requirements and have a track record of keeping threads active.

Thanks to THP and the mystery company for this awesome and fun chance.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Taylormade Tour Burner
2. What is your handicap? about a 20
3. What is your driver swing speed? 100ish
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Durability is close to the top of the list, I hate to keep replacing balls as they get torn up, but distance and accuracy are a close second and third. I'm always looking for extra distance and accuracy. I'm not skilled enough for feel to come into play as much, but sound of impact certainly plays a factor.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I try to play as much as possible, in the current heat it's a little more difficult, but I try and get out for a couple rounds a week and get to the practice range as often as possible in between! I'm getting more and more into social media, FB and Twitter especially, I'd like to incorporate them into the review and utilize them in tandem with THP forum.

What an amazing opportunity! I'd definitely be in, but I'm still testing the Vision Golf balls... Best of luck to the rest of you I can't wait to see all the results, especially being a blind test!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Taylormade Penta
2. What is your handicap? 11
3. What is your driver swing speed? 100
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Consistency and feel around the greens
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 2 rounds of 18 a week and 1 9 hole tourny each week. I am on THP everyday.

Blind Ball Test from a major OEM? This sounds like a ton of fun!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? TaylorMade Penta
2. What is your handicap? 13.5
3. What is your driver swing speed? 112-115
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Performance off the driver and around the greens.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing off the driver will be done on a wide open fairway and distances will be measured with a range finder in comparison to several OEM balls. The same will be done through the irons. Full wedge spin will be tested on both bermuda and bent grass greens as well as chips and bump and runs. I will also be including putter feel (which is highly subjective) as compared to several balls both tour caliber and regular.
My activity level will continue to be high

Awesome, I love ball testings! Thanks THP and mystery company!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Bridgestone B330-RX or Srixon Z-Star
2. What is your handicap? 13
3. What is your driver swing speed? 105
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? I like a softer ball when playing well watered courses and look for distance and a nice ball flight. On courses that are a little harder I like to use a ball with a bit more spin. I play hard and soft courses each week, so I use different balls every time. I also like the cover to be durable. I don't want to see major cuts after one wedge shot.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will test these balls out first in my back yard chipping area to get a feel for how they will perfrom around the greens, then use them on course during my league and weekend play which is at least 27 holes a week. I am active on THP daily, contributing when I have something relevant to say. My past ball reviews, putter review, and recent hybrid review can be found here on THP. I am dedicated to the testing process and take the responsibility very seriously.

1. Ball: Taylormade Burner TP
2. Handicap: 12
3. Driver Swing Speed: 93mph
4. I like my golf ball to have feel around the greens. I am a short game fanatic so I love feel and stopping speed on the green. Driving performance isn't as big of a factor because you drive for show but putt for dough!
5. I would use the test balls around the approach green for a while and on the putting green, then I would go and play a full round with them to get a feel for their all-around performance. While I don't write much on THP, I read the forums constantly because it is a great way to get feedback on anything from courses to equipment to general golf play from real golfers like myself.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Bridgestone E6
2. What is your handicap? 10
3. What is your driver swing speed? 95
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Feel, crushability
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am pretty active. Plan would be to review the feel, distance, spin, and everything else associated with golf balls.

Thanks for the chance THP and ?? company!

Excellent opportunity! Thanks THP and mystery Ball OEM! I'll throw my hat in the mix...

1. What golf ball do your currently play? A couple: Titleist NXT Tour, Nike ONE Tour, Bridgestone E6
2. What is your handicap? Approximately 17
3. What is your driver swing speed? I'd say avg around 110 lately, last time on a monitor avg with driver was 113
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Decent distance and spin control with longer clubs, decent feel and higher spin around greens
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'd like to put the ball in direct comparison to one of two of the current balls I'm gaming. I play at a smaller club and I can get out on the course by myself if I'd like and play two possibly three balls side by side without an issue. I would also make a point to hit the driving range for chipping and putting comparisons exclusively. I play golf otherwise at minimum once a week and quite frequently twice a week with two leagues I am a member of. I've been an avid contributor to THP for a few months now and visit/post everyday.

Thanks again THP!

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Top Flite Gamer V2
2. What is your handicap? 25
3. What is your driver swing speed? 98
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Distance and ability to stop
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 3-4x a week and pitch and putt after every range session so I would have ample opportunities to test out putting, chipping and all around ability of the ball.

Another great opportunity for THP members. Thank you to THP and the mystery OEM.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? TaylorMade TP Black, or Penta
2. What is your handicap? 11.3 RCGA
3. What is your driver swing speed? 96 mph
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? I look for good distance off the tee, with consistancy around the green. I can play a really spiny ball, or a non spinning ball as long as it does the same thing every time.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My testing plan would be to take the ball first to the short game area and see how it reacts to putting and chipping. The next logical stage would be to take the ball to the course and see how she performs on every shot I hit during a round. I would say my activity level would be described as very high.

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Bridgestone B-330S
2. What is your handicap? GHIN 6.5
3. What is your driver swing speed? around 110
4. What do you look for in a golf ball? Greenside control
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Will compare unmarked ball directly to my ball in all situations as often as possible. My activity level on THP could be better but it is improving.

Back