Forum Testing Signup - Ping i20 Irons

man, I am just thinking how awesome it is that PING is doing this.

Dear future testers....this is huge and I think people better make sure they can give 1000000%. If not, then PING may not come back. I just really hope people are aware what kind of weight they will be carrying for this

I can't think of ANYTHING that would look BETTER in my Ping Pioneer Bag than testing out these Ping I20's !! Even the G20's that I have look AWESOME in there !

If I am LUCKY enough to be chosen to be one of the testers, I'll put every bit as much energy into testing the irons as I have in testing the Pioneer Bag !!

Even if I'm not lucky enough to be chosen, I still THANK THP and Ping Golf for providing this MOST WONDERFUL opportunity for 3 THP members !!!

I would love to sign up for this. But my heart belongs to another. But man... this would be such a great testing. Diablo Forged vs i20 (I know 2 different genres). Thanks THP and PING for the chance and good luck to all that apply.

Alex

Once again thanks to Ping & THP for this great chance for 3 testers! I would love to test one-day but i just bought a new set of irons!

1. What is your handicap? 17
2. What irons do you currently play? Ping i5
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, was fit last year for i15's, but, decided to work on the swing instead.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? forgiveness, value, and, does it fit my game.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? yes, driving range is mats only, and, the weather in the northwest isn't the best, but, I get out almost every weekend

man, I am just thinking how awesome it is that PING is doing this.

Dear future testers....this is huge and I think people better make sure they can give 1000000%. If not, then PING may not come back. I just really hope people are aware what kind of weight they will be carrying for this

A million percent... he is right! This is huge guys! I know the three testers will do great. we want as many OEMs as possible to be 'friends of THP.' Best way to do it is to do a great job reviewing their product!

Damn these look SWEEET :)
Sadly I have to pass this as I'm currently making a review on a couple of golf balls (mainly focusing and comparing to the new rbz I have)
And I want to get some feedback to see if I'm up to scratch with the great testers here

1. What is your handicap? 8.1

2. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade R11/Mizuno MP series

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, last June

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I like irons that look great and offer some forgiveness. I look for irons in the game enhancement category and offer easy to hit long irons with slightly workable shorter irons. Stronger than traditional lofts attract me as well.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes

Big, big, BIG thanks to THP and Ping for offering this testing!

InHartWeTrust, just stay active around the forum and there will be many other opportunities in the future! We'd love for you to stick around!

Absolutely, love the activity level here. Seems like there are a lot of great members, and great info (not to mention cool opportunities).

Good luck to all who enter.

Thank you so much for this opportunity THP! and Ping!

1. What is your handicap? - 11.8

2. What irons do you currently play? - Adams Golf a7 5i thru PW steel stiff. Been gaming them for about 9 months. Thus far, I am not too terribly pleased with the performance. They play a touch longer than I was used to in my former iron set, the Cleveland TA6 and at a glance, play longer than the i20's as well.

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? - No. I have never been fit for a set of irons, only my woods. I have tinkered with Pings online fitting tools before but have never pulled the trigger on a set of Pings.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? - Affordability is obviously always an issue. I have never truly splurged on a set of irons. I have hit the Ping i15's before and loved the way they felt and they way the ball exploded off of the face. The Ping i line is a fantastic looking line of clubs. I want an iron I feel comfortable standing over and feel confident with in my hands. When I hit the i15's early last year, I had that feeling. I have researched this set of irons and believe a person of my skill level would be able to utilize this iron to its full capability and give an honest feedback for the mid handicap player.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? - Yes. Currently unemployed (unfortunately) so I have ample free time on my hands and usually play every Wednesday, weather permitting. I never hit off of mats, so that would not be an issue. With my free time, I have been spending more time on the range and now that the weather is warming up, I will be on the course just as much.

Last edited:
Wow, this is a pretty amazing opportunity! here we go-

1. What is your handicap?
9.7 after the last update. (First time under 10!)

2. What irons do you currently play?
Callaway Razr X with S+ C-tapers

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago?
Yes. I was fit for my Razr X's about one year ago at Golftec. I was then fit for the C-tapers 6 months later through a local fitter.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons?
Its really important that my irons inspire confidence at address. I like a decent amount of forgiveness out towards the toe as this is my most common miss, so I tend to stay away from very compact heads. I do like how a lot of irons with thinner toplines set up at address and find my eye drawn to that design style. Overall, performance trumps looks, but I really want to be in love with my irons on all levels.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks?
Absolutely. I play at least a round a week and have a number of great courses close to my house. For practice, I also play a couple 9-hole par 3 rounds a week where I dont tee up and just work on my iron approaches. Its often quite windy on the par 3 course, and there is a great variety of iron shots to be hit. Im also planning on playing in a number of local tournaments this year, which will be my first time playing competitive golf. And lastly, Ill be attending the NW THP get together at chambers bay in April, so ill have an opportunity to show these off to a few forum members as I fire some pin seeking darts all over that track!

My line of work is in QA Test, and ive spent the last 4 years giving feedback on products. I would take this testing very seriously and thank THP for another great forum testing opportunity!

1. handicap 23
2. titleist ap1
3. fit 2 1/2 years ago
4.foregiveness and abilty to get the ball up high -versus line drive
5. Yes definitely I can get out in the next 2 weeks - and play on grass (we have that stuff here in delaware

1. What is your handicap? I don't have an official handicap, but shoot in the upper 70's and lower 80's.
2. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Taylormade Tour Burner irons.
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I have never been fit for irons in the past.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I look for irons that offer great feel throughout the entire set, predictable and consistent distance control, and that have a good look to my eye at address. I also like an iron that offers some forgiveness but also allows me to work the ball when needed.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes. I live within a few miles of several courses and have been actively practicing/playing on grass (never on mats!), rain or shine. I might actually make the short drive to Chambers Bay if I win these sweet clubs!

1. Current GHIN Handicap is 8.8. I played 18 Friday and 36 on Saturday with pretty good results so that number could come down some by next GHIN update.
2. I currently play Mizuno MX-200's.
3. I was fitted for these Mizuno MX-200's when I bought them 3 years ago. Standard Length and 2* upright.
4. I like a thin top line and "buttery feel". If you have you have ever hit a Mizuno forged iron you know what I mean by a "buttery feel". I am not a fan of a club that resembles a shovel when you look down at it from address. I don't work the ball much but I like a narrower sole so that I have the option to move the ball around if I need too. I need a little forgiveness, and last but not least a club should sound good.
5. Yes I can play in the next 2 weeks. I am a member of Lonesome Pine Country Club and I just live minutes away from the course. I can be on the range or first tee box within 10 minutes of walking out the door. I have gotten in 72 holes this month alone and I try to play 36 on Saturday's if possible.

Thanks for the chance to hit these clubs, they look amazing!!! I was eyeballing the i20 driver at the pro shop just this past Saturday. Great looking club as well.

Thank you for this opportunity THP and Ping.

1. What is your handicap? 10.3

2. What irons do you currently play? TM Burner 2.0's.

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes. Last April.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Feel, looks, how the club sets up at address, ball flight, consistent distances gaps throughout each iron, a bit of workability, and forgiveness.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes. We've had a very mild winter with no snow, and no snow in sight. I've been playing everyday. :)

Withdrawn, having too much fun with my R11's.

Thanks to THP and Ping.

Last edited:
1. What is your handicap? 13.7

2. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland CG16 Black Pearls / graphite

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, 2006 for Wishon 560mc irons

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? in no particular order: look at address, feel, forgiveness on off center strikes, distance and sound

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, it never rains in southern cal! and all the courses in my area have grass ranges also

Thanks THP and Ping!

I would love to be a part of this. Plus, I'm a writer by trade so I'd be willing and able to provide lots of words about the I-20s.

1. What is your handicap? 9
2. What irons do you currently play? Nicklaus NPS-2
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes, Ping G15s in May of 2010
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Mostly just something that "feels" right.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes.

1. What is your handicap? 6.6
2. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade r9 tp
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I got fit for my curent set 1 year ago
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Fit, feel and looks are important but irons need to feet my game first and then the rest in no particular order
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, I live in Texas and play golf twice a week every week year around and I go to the range twice a week

1. What is your handicap?

2. What irons do you currently play?
Ping i15s, 3-PW

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago?
Yup, I always get fit. I was fit last summer for my i15s.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons?
Looks come first, both how it looks in the bag as well as at address. From there, it's performance. Regardless of the technology built-in to the club, I focus on how the club feels during the swing (i.e. weight and balance) and how the ball flies. How soft it feels, how it sounds at impact, etc., are all gravy but are definitely third tier considerations for me.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks?
Yes, but to be completely honest I'm up in New York so weather could play a role. The winter has been mild and I've been playing, but a big snowstorm could close the courses. As long as the starter is sending people out, I'll be out there and ready to test and report back.

Thanks!

1. What is your handicap? I currently am a 6.6

2. What irons do you currently play? Callaway Razr X Forged (5-9 are going to have Miyazaki shafts soon)

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I was fit for these irons back in August of last year. Since then I know now that the fitter fit me wrong for both lie angle and shafts after talking to a clubfitter after I was down in Arizona a few weeks later.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I tend to have issues getting the ball up in the air so I really tend to look for clubs that can help fix that aspect of my game. I like a softer feel because I like to know where I am hitting the ball off the face so I can adjust accordingly. Iron play is the weakest part of my game and so forgiveness means a lot to me. The last thing that means a lot to me is distance. I am by no means long off the tee so I need a club that is going to give me reliable distance but also enough to get the ball where it needs to be.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? I try to play 9 at least twice a week and 18 on weekends. Also every range I use is all grass because I refuse to hit off mats after hurting my wrist last year on one. Our weather is perfect right now so I will have no issues getting out.

Great Opportunity to Test Great Clubs

1. What is your handicap? 11.2 index

2. What irons do you currently play? PING G15 White Dot - Ping AWT X-stiff

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Yes - Last year.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? I am PING person.

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? YES No Problem.

This so cool for PING to do. A few testers are.in for a treat.

TapAhoy!

1. What is your handicap? 18

2. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MPX-800Pro

3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Fit at Golftec in June of 2011

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Feel and Comfort

5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes

1. What is your handicap? 3.6
2. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Staff Di9, looking to change
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? I was fit to some Henry Griffitts clubs my teacher has. However, they are not my official clubs and I only put them in the bag on occasion.

4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Work ability,Feel, and the effort it takes to control distance.
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? Yes, Yes, and Yes. It's nice and warm here in Georgia.

1. What is your handicap? 20-25
2. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R11'S
3. Have you ever been fit for your irons and if so how long ago? Never been fitted for before.
4. What do you look for when purchasing a new set of irons? Forgiveness and consistency
5. Are you capable of playing on actual golf courses with real grass within the next 2 weeks? I usually go to the range 1 or 2 times a week and go to a course 1 once a week.

Back