Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade Pre-Release Golf Ball

Bump.

For those that havent had the opportunity to test a ball, let me tell you how fun it is. The only piece of equipment that is the same for every single shot is the golf ball, obviously. When checking out a ball for testing, you start noticing more and more things about your game and how a ball either works or doesnt work for you. For me, testing a ball in the past had opened my eyes about the ball I was playing, and my overall game in general.

+1 War Eagle!!! Until I found this site I didn't realize all the subtle details in all the different golf balls and what worked best for my game. I have played a lot of different balls over the last year to see what suits my game the best and that is something I would have never done if not for THP!!!!! Now that I have a better idea what I am looking for in ball I feel like I can bring that to everyone else here too!!!!

i have a feeling this is going to be a good year for TMaG. new irons and new balls right afterward.

I live in Ohio but still play weekly year around. I currently play the Penta 5 layered ball mostly, the Pro V1X once in a while too. I'd love to be part of this test group.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? I currently play a prov1x and Penta TP5

2. What do you look for in a golf ball? I look for a ball that feels good off the tee with not too much spin. I like a medium feel and something that grabs nicely on the greens. I hit down into the ball and take a nice divot so I also need a ball that is tough. I hit em' hard.

These just arrived, so we will announce testers tomorrow.

thats a great to hear! Looking forward to seeing who the testers are and following along

Awesome! Good luck to all the entrants. I'm really looking forward to the reviews for these.

Bump.

For those that havent had the opportunity to test a ball, let me tell you how fun it is. The only piece of equipment that is the same for every single shot is the golf ball, obviously. When checking out a ball for testing, you start noticing more and more things about your game and how a ball either works or doesnt work for you. For me, testing a ball in the past had opened my eyes about the ball I was playing, and my overall game in general.

That's an interesting thought. I think being able to test golf balls would be one of the more interesting and beneficial pieces of equipment for your game since you are using it in every phase of the game.

Tomorrow! Interested to see how these work for people. I like the fact that we dont have marketing and specs on this ball yet, always interested to hear the unbiased thoughts.

Sounds great. I always learn a lot from The testing threads and am looking forward to this either as a tester or reader.

1: i currently use the Bridgestone b330 tour s
2: when buying a ball I look for a ball that is going to produce as little driver spin as possible and some great green side control

Would love the chance to try the new taylormade ball even in the winter months of the uk

1: I currently use the Bridgestone B330 Tour S
2: when buying a ball i look for a low spinning ball for driver with great control around the green.

I would love the chance to try these out especially in the uk on links courses. I also play at least 3 times a week currently playing off 0.8

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Noodle long and straight. Bridgestone e6.
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? Less side spin, spin/check when chipping/soft feel off the putter face. I don't look for distance, I look for more accurate shots.

1. What ball(s) do you currently play? Bridgestone B330
2. What do you look for in a golf ball? I'm looking for a solid combination of low spin off the driver and plenty of green side spin. I like the softer feel of a urethane cover but hate to cut a brand new ball after one solid wedge shot.

Currently play Titelist nxt or ProV1, sometimes Taylormade Burner. Mostly I like them new and no scuffs.

I really like a ball that feels soft with good spin around the greens but need a ball with some distance.

As for play time, I'm normally a once a week player and should see good weather for another couple of months.
San Antonio was 81 today, light breeze and perfect. Spend 2+ hours practicing with my new R11 irons, still dialing them in.

Keep the signups coming, the balls are in!!!

Evening bump!!!

Announcements for these are today, I believe!

7yde6u2u.jpg

I currently use the Srixon Z-Star XV

While I like a ball thats long off the driver, the balls I'd used previously had no stick on the greens. I now prefer something with a bit higher spin around the greens like the Z-star XV.

I'd love to test out the new balls (especially having just updated my entire set to Taylormade and loving it!!!)

Testers will be announced shortly and I believe out of the 8 selected, all but 1 are first time testers. If you were not selected for this one, never fear we have more testing coming up next week.

Testers will be announced shortly and I believe out of the 8 selected, all but 1 are first time testers. If you were not selected for this one, never fear we have more testing coming up next week.

Very nice! In case I am at work, an early congrats to those chosen. Pretty big opportunity here, so rock the hell out of it.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

That is really cool. Good luck all!

Back