Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Yoccos did a great job for sure

Stupid short Canadian season lol! Great looking clubs, good luck to the testers and thanks to Wilson and THP for this opportunity.

Yoccos, good job man. No wonder you flew down to Fl, you were auditioning for a TV role :)

I am surprised no one has commented on the video, or who made the video.

Smalls did on his post ( third or fourth one down)

Great video Yoccos and great looking irons... good luck to eveyone entering for the testing and I look forward to reading the comments made by the lucky 3 testers.

Yes, and I think this one really IS invisible!

Such sexy looking sticks. I'm not even thinking about new irons but I'm gonna follow these reviews very closely.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Hogan Apex Pro

2. What is your handicap index?
7.2 GHIN

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Hogan 3 Steel (Regular)

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
RightHanded

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I am moderately active on the forums with 600 plus posts in the last year.
My testing would consist of several range sessions per week and at least 18 holes of golf. I would compare the Wilson clubs to my current Hogans and to an older set of Hogan Apex Grind clubs as well as get feedback from several of my friends at various handicap levels. I would also compare the long irons to my 3/4/5 TM Hybrids for ease of play, distance and control. I would post after each range and course session.

Thanks THP and Wilson for this opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Nike CCI 4-PW

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Dynamic Golf XP X100 Steel Shafts

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right Handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I am on THP daily and post on a lot of equipment testing threads. If chosen I would be testing these irons at least two times a week and probably much more with range sessions and on the course testing. After each testing I would post very detailed thoughts on the clubs along with having pictures and lots of videos. Comparisons will be made to my irons as well as others I will hit against them. I would try to get out on a very dead day and hit multiple shots with these irons to test how much workability they have as well as forgiveness, feel, turf interaction, and look/sound. I will answer every question address on the testing thread as well as ask questions to other testers.

Thanks THP and Wilson Staff for this great opportunity.

I think I recognized a celebrity among us, Mr Markawesome in the house. Very nice description of the upcoming testing.

1. What irons do you currently play? Currently playing the Srixon 701 tours
2. What is your handicap index? 4.2
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Currently playing KBS Tours Stiff (steel)
4. Are you right handed or left handed? I am a right handed golfer.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If chosen to test these clubs I would be sure that all the specs and measuremnts were conforming to my specification. I would then log in some range time to get the distances down and check out the initial feel and playability of the clubs. After that I will put these into some real time golfing games on the golfing course. Constant feedback to the THP forum would occur after each range session and round of golf. This will be done either through Videos, post or both.
My activity level on THP is strong and very active. In and outside of the forum. Reading and commenting on various reviews done by others. Offer my on reviews of various products I have been playing. This level of activity will continue to grow as THP grows.

Thank you to THP, Wilson Golf for the oppurtunity as well as Yoccos aka Tmex. The hits just keep on coming.

Another great testing opportunity from THP!

Great video, and beautiful looking irons that's for sure!

I am extremely interested in finding out how good these irons are, and would love to be chosen.

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Ping i15 4-PW
2. What is your handicap index? About to reduce to 10.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel KBS Tour X-Stiff shafts (soft stepped)
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have been a member dice about May, and while I only have about 290 posts I feel that the posts I make are constructive and add value to this great community. Testing and playing wise, this is a great time to be testing clubs for me as here in New Zealand we are in Spring and our Summer will last until around April time. I live in Auckland which has great weather in the summer!

I play weekly and have at least two range sessions a week as well. My testing will be in 3 parts:

1 - At the range. We have a number of driving ranges nearby where I will conduct testing, and I'll be able to run through the whole parameter of shots, from normal full shots to knock-down shots etc.
2 - At my club - we have 2 excellent practice areas at Muriwai. One is a 280 meter long grass range with targets at 100, 135, 150 & 180 meters. This is where I will conduct a lot of the testing. Being able to hit from the grass is a huge plus point when testing any type of club. The other practice area has a range of approx 165 meters with targets at the same intervals as above, plus we have in the same area an excellent practice chipping and putting green. This area will be used to test punch shots with 7 iron down to PW to the various targets we have. I'll also be able to use the green to test bump and runs with the same clubs.
3 - On course. Muriwai is a links style course on Auckland's west coast. We get all types of weather, from sea winds to calm days, so really excellent conditions to test a full quota of shots. Our 3 best holes are probably the 4th a 404 meter par 4 that goes uphill to start which also normally plays into a prevailing wind. I often hit punched 4 and 5 irons at the green simply to keep it under the wind.the 8th is a par 3 of about 150 meters and I've seen people hit everything from driver to wedge on this hole. The wind plays a major part and makes the hole play differently almost every time you play it. And the 12th is a tight 450 meter par 5 with junk left and right, and excellent fairway bunkering. 2nd shot is normally a lay up and the 3rd a short iron or wedge onto a long narrow green.

Reporting wise, I'll post on Facebook & Twitter and will post a decent amount of pictures and will also make videos as well to post to the forum.

I envisage that this will be long term testing and I'm lucky enough to be in a position to be able to put this testing and reviewing in place immediately and throughout the Spring/Summer.

Once again thanks to THP and Wilson Staff, I look forward to perhaps being chosen and of course if not being able to read the reviews of those chosen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Another great opportunity from THP. Good luck to all of the testers selected.

Tmex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job buddy, you could tell you were excited at home flat out beautiful those irons are. Have to say thank you to THP and Wilson staff golf for this great forum testing opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7
2. What is your handicap index? 9.8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? True Temper Steel, Stiff Flex
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will be able to take these clube to the range at least twice a week and out on the course at least once a week. I also have the GA get together coming in October which will be 4 rounds in 3 days. My testing plan will include photos, video on the course and range, and updates after every outing on THP and Facebook for Wilson.

Does TMex deliver the sets to the testers?

1. What irons do you currently play? R11
2. What is your handicap index? 8.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, Stiff, KBS Tour
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf on the weekends and try to squeeze in some holes or a range session during the week after work. I would be able to update the thread with my thoughts after rounds and answer questions as they pop up. I am on THP daily and am not going anywhere.

Thanks to THP and Wilson Staff for this great testing opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade R11 irons
2. What is your handicap index? 10.7
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? ProjectX 6.0 Steel shafts
4. Are you right handed or left handed? I am left handed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? My activity level on THP speaks for itself, but my testing plan would be to play the irons as I normally do which is 2 times per week, plus at least 2 range sessions per week. I would update the testing thread with my thoughts after every round, or range session, and as I am on thp most of the day, I would be here to answer any and all questions.

I am surprised no one has commented on the video, or who made the video.

I thought everyone knew who flew down for the weekend, nice job JB & Yoccos.

Great vid and awsome oportunity from THP and Wilson. I am wishing all the other THP ers luck on this one to be afforded the chance to test these great looking clubs.

oh and that is a crap ton of putters in the background of the video. I wouldnt know what to do with that many of them

Wilson staff? Seriously?

Nah I'm just kidding! This is a great opportunity for the chosen testers!

Will definitely be entering when I get to a computer and off of this iPhone.

1. Currently play Ping G15

2. Handicap index is currently 7.2

3. Currently play KBS Tour C-Taper shafts in my irons. Played Dynamc Gold S300 before the reshaft.

4. Right Handed

5. I check THP and post on a daily basis. I love the banter and the fact that more than just golf is discussed here (college football, movies, what others do for a living, etc.). As far as testing goes, I usually visit the range once per week and try to play one afternoon and one day per weekend. I have never gamed a set of tour irons so I would not be able to compare these irons to other players irons but i have gamed multiple sets of GI irons and could provide feedback as to how these irons compare to GI irons such as the G15.

Thank you to Wilson and to THP for this awesome opportunity and I know that all the testers chosen will do a fantastic job.

Last edited:
This is the testing I've really been waiting for. I demo the FG Tours everytime I stop by a golf shop!

1. What irons do you currently play? Cleveland CG7 BP Tours
2. What is your handicap index? 11.4
3. What shafts do you play in your irons? True Temper Dynamic Gold High Launch S300 steel
4. Are you left handed or right handed? Right handed
5. Talk about your testing plans and activity level on THP. For testing I am at the golf course on the driving range or on course playing 5-6 times a week. I also have access to a launch monitor that I have access to once a week. I would be able to compare these clubs via launch monitor against my CG7 Tours, as well as Di9's, r7's and any irons I can find at Austads to test them against.
My activity level on THP has not been as high as others. I am on the forums almost everyday, I just don't post everyday. With an opportunity to test I would definitely be online posting, and answering any questions asked. This is an amazing opportunity, and I would love to take part in this.

Thank you

First off thanks Thp and Wilson for this awesome opportunity!

1. I'm currently playing Taylormade Burner 2.0's
2. My current handicap is 14.0 according to oob and golfshot
3. I currently play Dynamic Gold S300 stiff steel shafts
4. I am right handed
5. I play atleast 3 times a week with a mix of on course and driving range play. As for my activity level here I try to stay involved with the posts on the forum. I understand how important it is to provide the oem's with feedback when they entrust us with their equipment and will do my best to keep everyone updated with my results.

Really nice looking set of clubs. Never really considered Wilson Staff irons, but would have to give these puppies a second look for sure! I would also like to throw my hat in the ring for a chance to hit these!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back