Freddie Need Help with My Swing

Thanks freddie with me taking lessons and practicing a sh!t ton in the basement I am doing what I can to get better. Thanks to you and everyone I can really start to see my swing is improving quite abit and even got complimented by the local university Golf Coach on my Driver today. And that is something my instructor has had me working on is releasing to early. I feel if I act like I am pushing down on my downswing I am improving the release better. Thanks for tips Freddie and I'll take a look at Adams swing videos.

Hey your good man, there's a reason why this is all public so other's can read it and see if it can help them to. Look at it, read it and use it man. Nothing wrong with improving yourself from tips and tricks of others.
This quote really hit home with me as I have been getting way too steep on the ball lately and could see my shoulder turn being way too vertical after reading this advice. Today was the 1st time I've been out since reading it, and it was my main focus as I was swinging. My ball striking was so improved today, it wasn't even funny, thanks for the great tip Freddie!

Sorry to threadjack your thread Andrew, but I was so happy with what I saw today I had to comment.

Was out on the range tonight and was working on a slow swing and making sure I was turning my arms over to get that correct release. Still having issues but seen more fades tonight. Bhilln took some videos of my swing, so check it out and let me know what you think. Got lessons tomorrow night gonna see what the Pro says about it.

You aren't casting but you are throwing the club at the ball. I'd would rather see you swing the handle of the club. As the handle goes so goes the club head. Pull the butt of the club down to the ball and roll the right arm over the left. You are doing a great job of staying behind the ball at impact but be sure everything continues to move through and down the line after impact.

Kinda confused here Freddie. Maybe I am not getting somehting here, But if I am good at impact and staying behind the ball wouldn't that mean I am pulling the butt of club correctly?? IDK if maybe you can send me a captured picture of my swing or a video with a tip so I can do that correctly. Here is a pic of my downswing and looks like I am good at the 9 oclock position.
swing.jpg
You aren't casting but you are throwing the club at the ball. I'd would rather see you swing the handle of the club. As the handle goes so goes the club head. Pull the butt of the club down to the ball and roll the right arm over the left. You are doing a great job of staying behind the ball at impact but be sure everything continues to move through and down the line after impact.

The butt of the club should be pointed at the ball at this stage of the swing. not down the line. This promotes a short arm or thrown delivery.
Kinda confused here Freddie. Maybe I am not getting somehting here, But if I am good at impact and staying behind the ball wouldn't that mean I am pulling the butt of club correctly?? IDK if maybe you can send me a captured picture of my swing or a video with a tip so I can do that correctly. Here is a pic of my downswing and looks like I am good at the 9 oclock position.
swing.jpg

Coersswing2_zps7fb7e9a8.png

The right hand is throwing the club into the ball and this is why you are working so hard to release through impact. See how the back of the grip is pointed away form you instead of down the line, this means more right hand than left.

Freddie so are you saying I should be pushing my left hand more and keep rotation my arm over, instead of throwing it. Would you say that I still need to do soft swings and continue to roll the arms as a drill?
The right hand is throwing the club into the ball and this is why you are working so hard to release through impact. See how the back of the grip is pointed away form you instead of down the line, this means more right hand than left.

You don't. push the left hand you pull with the left and the right follows. And yes keep with the drill until you get the feeling and full extension
Freddie so are you saying I should be pushing my left hand more and keep rotation my arm over, instead of throwing it. Would you say that I still need to do soft swings and continue to roll the arms as a drill?

Will do thanks freddie!!!
You don't. push the left hand you pull with the left and the right follows. And yes keep with the drill until you get the feeling and full extension

I suddenly got more interested in this thread than before...but your progress from January to now is really nice Andrew.

I suddenly got more interested in this thread than before...but your progress from January to now is really nice Andrew.

Thanks bud couldn't haven't got where I am now with out Freddie. Now I just need to get those scores low.

Thanks bud couldn't haven't got where I am now with out Freddie. Now I just need to get those scores low.

I vote that you start to connect everything into low scores sometime in August :alien:

Well thanks :( how about now till the end of July:)

I'm fine with you scoring well from now until mid-July, but if you could lose it again at least for 18 holes Saturday morning Paladin and I would appreciate it.

I'm fine with you scoring well from now until mid-July, but if you could lose it again at least for 18 holes Saturday morning Paladin and I would appreciate it.

Not gonna happen, hey what about we both shoot a 59 and go to a playoff.

So I am working on with the driver still, becuase this is one club that it can be amazing one week and horrible the next. Well had a lesson last weekn and my instructor told be I need to stay behind the ball and just release. Everytime I would try and release early I would finnally get a nice drive or a draw. Well last night I was back out on the range and changed up the grip to a 10 finger grip after hearing it can help you on your release. Well lets just say I was hitting a hell lot more amazing drives compared to me hitting with my interlocking grip. Going back out tonight to the range then gonna play 9 holes and try that out on the course. It just felt like I was hitting it more solidly with the 10 finger than my interlocking, and it was easier for me to get that release.

Back