Full Iron Fitting

Rob Wedge

Jersey
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure
So I got sick of going back and forth and testing every new iron and signed up for a full fitting at NY Golf Center in Manhattan. Figured I'll let them get the best fit for me and go with it no matter what one it is they pick. Below are some of the things they look at and include in the fitting. Said they have carts from just about every major manufacturer. My current choices would be Cobra Amp Cell or Callaway Xhot Pro. Will be interesting to see what I end up with. Meeting up with them at 12pm on Thursday, will update this when I get back.

IRON SET custom service(1.5 hour)
Includes HD Golf Launch Monitor analysis of clients current Irons
Full Custom Fitting using Our Proprietary High End and OEM Fitting Carts
Verification of Loft, Lie, Length and swingweight Specifications
Verification of Shaft Butt Frequency (Flex)
Required Loft/Lie adjustments
Specification Verification/Hand Selection of New Purchases
Custom Swingweight adjustments
Spine and FLO service
Launch Monitor Data Printout

Sweet. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Looking forward to seeing the results. Don't count out some Rocketbladez or even the Coverts!

Looking forward to seeing the results. Don't count out some Rocketbladez or even the Coverts!

I'm honestly just going to go with what the fitter recommends is best for my swing. Leaving it all in his hands for once and not going to let my ego get in the way. If its the Coverts or RBZ so be it!

Awesome, can't wait to see how it goes for you!

good luck on your fitting will be interesting to see what you get put into.

So I got sick of going back and forth and testing every new iron and signed up for a full fitting at NY Golf Center in Manhattan. Figured I'll let them get the best fit for me and go with it no matter what one it is they pick. Below are some of the things they look at and include in the fitting. Said they have carts from just about every major manufacturer. My current choices would be Cobra Amp Cell or Callaway Xhot Pro. Will be interesting to see what I end up with. Meeting up with them at 12pm on Thursday, will update this when I get back.

Spine and FLO service

I'll be keeping an eye on this post NJRob. I've been out with a shoulder injury since before Xmas when I had this very place on my list of things to do at the start of the year.

I plan on a drive fitting first as I need to sort out this shaft of mine and then move on to woods/hybrids and then irons.

Hope it works out good for you.

Thanks everyone. I'll post any data that comes out of this.
BlameMe, sucks about the shoulder. Hopefully it heals fast

Good luck and have fun!

Spine and FLO service

Make sure they do the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer (if they have one) because it will give you complete data based on 5 key swing components. You don't have to buy a Mizuno club to be fitted this way, it just matches the shaft to your swing...

Make sure they do the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer (if they have one) because it will give you complete data based on 5 key swing components. You don't have to buy a Mizuno club to be fitted this way, it just matches the shaft to your swing...

Definitely plan on it. Sounded like they had spots open all day so will try to get everything I can out of this.

If he does a good job does anyone know what you tip with something like this?

I'm honestly just going to go with what the fitter recommends is best for my swing. Leaving it all in his hands for once and not going to let my ego get in the way. If its the Coverts or RBZ so be it!

Good plan, just make sure HIS bias doesn't get in the way either - everybody is biased to some extent, just keep that in mind. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you!

Thanks everyone. I'll post any data that comes out of this.
BlameMe, sucks about the shoulder. Hopefully it heals fast

Yup it did and I've not had pain like it. Happened while I was back in the UK just before Xmas, good news for me, I was out for a round in Brooklyn a the weekend and had no ill effects from that first round in 12 weeks. Kept he swing nice and simple and play well considering.

Good plan, just make sure HIS bias doesn't get in the way either - everybody is biased to some extent, just keep that in mind. Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you!
Something I'll keep in mind. We're suppose to have an interview before we begin. I'll have to bring that up.

Yup it did and I've not had pain like it. Happened while I was back in the UK just before Xmas, good news for me, I was out for a round in Brooklyn a the weekend and had no ill effects from that first round in 12 weeks. Kept he swing nice and simple and play well considering.

Nice man. Bet it even helped you with tempo a little bit.

Good luck with the fitting. I'm sure you will be happy you did it!

Something I'll keep in mind. We're suppose to have an interview before we begin. I'll have to bring that up.

Nice man. Bet it even helped you with tempo a little bit.

Indeed it did :act-up:

As a fitter, I would not expect a tip but would hope for good word of mouth - and I suspect posting about it on THP would be excellent publicity.

If he does a good job does anyone know what you tip with something like this?

As a fitter, I would not expect a tip but would hope for good word of mouth - and I suspect posting about it on THP would be excellent publicity.

Awesome, thanks for the advice! I tip for everything though so maybe I'll just drop a $20 or so. I plan on updating on here how my experience was for sure.

I suspect things such as tips may work differently in NYC than out here in the Midwest. I'm really interested to hear how this goes for you. Have you been able to hit many balls this winter?

Awesome, thanks for the advice! I tip for everything though so maybe I'll just drop a $20 or so. I plan on updating on here how my experience was for sure.

I suspect things such as tips may work differently in NYC than out here in the Midwest. I'm really interested to hear how this goes for you. Have you been able to hit many balls this winter?

Go to the range about once a week but have only been out on the course twice in 2013.

Excellent, won't be too rusty then. Outside of the fitting, I hope to learn from the interview - I do one with every potential client but I am always looking to improve it.

Go to the range about once a week but have only been out on the course twice in 2013.

Spine and FLO service

And the winner is.................. Rocketbladz Tour, KBS Tour Stiff Standard length 3*up. Waiting for numbers to get emailed to me and I'll post them when they come in.
My current setup is PING S58's S300 Stiff +1/2 2* up which I wasn’t fit for.

Rocketbladz Tour was the winner by a long shot and it was a no brainer according to the numbers. Before the fitting this would of been near the bottom of my list. My launch angle and Spin were significantly higher than AP2’s, XhotPros, and Amp Cells no matter what shaft was placed on them which is what I need since my numbers are usually very low. I have a problem holding greens so this will help. It was also fun to see a 6 iron get poked out to 223. I’m not worried about distance but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me smile.

Fitting was great and Joshua was great to work with. Super laid back, didn’t rush you and knows what he’s doing. Can’t say that about some other “fitters” in Manhattan.
Just wished I didn’t go to the gym right before. Was a sweaty mess

Edit: Just remembered the 223 was with the XHot Pro, not RBZ Tours. Still waiting on my numbers from NY Golf to put up. COME ON NY GOLF!!!

Last edited:
Boom!

Awesome stuff man. I've got my fingers crossed that we dont get much precip tonight so my 910 am tee time will be good to go on Saturday.

Boom!

Awesome stuff man. I've got my fingers crossed that we dont get much precip tonight so my 910 am tee time will be good to go on Saturday.

Wish I could make it. Was suppose to call out tomorrow to go but that ain't happening now. Have some upgrades at work this weekend that I need to be on top of so can't make it out with you guys. Who all is going?
Also special ordered 50*, 56* bent to 55* and 60* 588 RTX Black Pearl wedges with the same shafts as the RBZ.

[h=3][/h]

Back