I have looked at couple like that in cedar. The kind where the posts are slotted one all sides so you can expand

I think I’m about to get into it. Perhaps more landscaping than gardening. Our new house comes without a landscaped backyard. We had a friend come up with a design and once we get some hardscape done, I think I’m going to take on the project. Actually plotting a Masters theme and currently scoping out which of the named holes at Augusta will work in my climate.

I have looked at couple like that in cedar. The kind where the posts are slotted one all sides so you can expand

I looked at the cedar too, but I was afraid with how much rain we get here that I would run into rot issue after time.

I just purchased all my herbs and vegetables, and they should be shipping the week of 4/18. I am so excited to get back into gardening. I just hope I can be as successful in TN as I was in FL.

Mrs has the green thumb in our family, she deserves all the credit. The last couple of weeks, she is preparing the garden, and has extended it longer than it was last year. She plans to plant this coming Saturday. I will till it for her, when she gets all of her amendments in.

Last year, we put up a bunch of squash, okra, cucumbers and other stuff. Some went into vacuum bags, and Mrs canned some of the rest (including making pickles)

Liked that so much I clicked the link ( Out of Stock ) 😭 Hope that changes soon.
Thanks for posting!

I saw that about a week after I got mine they were out of stock. They sell them elsewhere online, but not for as cheap as I got it on Costco. I hope they come back into stock for you.

As you can see from my other images above, I have it all set up now. It’s a solid piece and was super easy to put together.

Last edited:
Thanks, My neighbor is a member and will keep his eye's out for me, we got one close to us (y)

Last edited:
That's soil for the raised bed (needed 50 cu ft of it) and then mulch for the actual flower bed around it.
Ohhhhhhh, mulch, too. That makes sense. Two weekends ago we finished our beds out front with red lava rock. 150 bags of it.

Ohhhhhhh, mulch, too. That makes sense. Two weekends ago we finished our beds out front with red lava rock. 150 bags of it.

All our other beds have lava rock, but this one I am going to be walking through for the veggie/herb garden so I am going mulch. I am going to create a nice stone pathway to the front of the raised bed though, and space provided I might add a little bench or something...pretty it up a bit.

Love finding this thread. We had a fairly large garden when we lived in Michigan. The first Ohio house was not conducive to it but we moved last summer. Fingers crossed all the dear tracks I find in the backyard don't eat everything. Just transplanted the first batch of seedlings outside, will have to share pictures shortly of either their flourishing or sad demise.

All our other beds have lava rock, but this one I am going to be walking through for the veggie/herb garden so I am going mulch. I am going to create a nice stone pathway to the front of the raised bed though, and space provided I might add a little bench or something...pretty it up a bit.
Thats a good idea given the traffic. After pine straw, mulch and bark, I decided we were doing rock so we wouldn't have to keep redoing it.

How does the rock handle weed control?

Love finding this thread. We had a fairly large garden when we lived in Michigan. The first Ohio house was not conducive to it but we moved last summer. Fingers crossed all the dear tracks I find in the backyard don't eat everything. Just transplanted the first batch of seedlings outside, will have to share pictures shortly of either their flourishing or sad demise.
Glad to see another Ohioan in here! The weather today has me ready to jump in! Pruned all my apple and peach trees, planting some peas soon, and growing seedlings in the basement. Love gardening season!

Garden will be taking shape this week and weekend! Edging to do, wire fencing to install, and plants and seeds to put in! Cucumbers are the only vine we are planting this year and thank goodness for that!

Garden will be taking shape this week and weekend! Edging to do, wire fencing to install, and plants and seeds to put in! Cucumbers are the only vine we are planting this year and thank goodness for that!

Cucumbers are the only vine I am planting this year too.

Cucumbers are the only vine I am planting this year too.
I’m still lobbying for corn though because I think it’s funny seeing it in the backyard 🤷‍♂️

I’m still lobbying for corn though because I think it’s funny seeing it in the backyard 🤷‍♂️

I tried to grow corn last year, but was unsuccessful. It started to look like something was happening, but then it just dried up and died.

I have been told tomatoes do really well here, which is good because I was super successful with those in Florida. I was also successful with peppers, eggplant, cucumbers and green beans, so I hope that will be the same here.

Back