Global golf trade in center

Golds

Reaction score
Handicap
NY Winter
Has anyone used their trade in service? Comments and reviews?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone used their trade in service? Comments and reviews?

Be careful, you only get a store credit. If that is ok then it is pretty easy. I bought a putter that came all beat to check so I sent it back and I am still waiting to resolve it. And they charge you freight to return garbage.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Be careful, you only get a store credit. If that is ok then it is pretty easy. I bought a putter that came all beat to check so I sent it back and I am still waiting to resolve it. And they charge you freight to return garbage.

Well they have a plus 50% trade in promo going on when you buy a F9 brand new. I have two sets of irons that will total $276 with the promo. Trying to figure out if they are easy to deal with and if it's not too good to be true.

Well they have a plus 50% trade in promo going on when you buy a F9 brand new. I have two sets of irons that will total $276 with the promo. Trying to figure out if they are easy to deal with and if it's not too good to be true.

They gave a good price, but of course I did not read the find print about the store credit only. The wedges I bought came real nice, the putter was totally destroyed and when I called the person was indifferent at best and maybe a bit annoyed.
Two weeks after sending It back the same day it arrived and still nothing and zero communication, I am spoiled from dealing with Callaway where people actually care so maybe this is normal.

Once I resolve this issue I won't be back.

Not sure if you have golf galaxy or dicks near you but if memory serves they are offering some of the same deals there as well... 150% trade in when you buy new lines. Worth a shot to go into the store...

I had the exact opposite experience.

Ordered "value" condition irons, and they showed up too worn. They sent me a shipping label and even refunded my initial shipping.

I had the exact opposite experience.

Ordered "value" condition irons, and they showed up too worn. They sent me a shipping label and even refunded my initial shipping.
Wow, I got the bad guy evidently

Wow, I got the bad guy evidently

Yeah, I was actually a little surprised when I read your experience. I've always had top notch service from GG.

Yeah, I was actually a little surprised when I read your experience. I've always had top notch service from GG.
I may just call again to see what someone different says about the whole thing. They lost a Customer with this experience.

I generally don't like to trade in there because they pay less for LH equipment than other places but I had a bunch of stuff to trade in that essentially paid for my new F9 One Length irons with their 50% bonus they ran. In the few times I have used the service I've had no issues but I only do it when there is incentive because of the way the handle the LH stuff.

I never had an issues with there trade in program. They have tried to return my trade in with store credit but a quick phone call and I was reimbursed either via pay pal or the cc I used for the purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had an issues with there trade in program. They have tried to return my trade in with store credit but a quick phone call and I was reimbursed either via pay pal or the cc I used for the purchase

Damn it

They are defi5 getting a call when I get off this plane in the morning

I generally don't like to trade in there because they pay less for LH equipment than other places but I had a bunch of stuff to trade in that essentially paid for my new F9 One Length irons with their 50% bonus they ran. In the few times I have used the service I've had no issues but I only do it when there is incentive because of the way the handle the LH stuff.

This is exactly what I am looking to do. I can get $276 for two iron sets that are NOT worth that much money. I am a little confused on how you do it though. Do you do the trade in and then buy the club after? Do you do the trade in process and buy the new club at the same time? When I put in my trade in information it gives me the extra 50%, but I didn't purchase the Cobra that qualifies for that extra 50% so how did they know?

This is exactly what I am looking to do. I can get $276 for two iron sets that are NOT worth that much money. I am a little confused on how you do it though. Do you do the trade in and then buy the club after? Do you do the trade in process and buy the new club at the same time? When I put in my trade in information it gives me the extra 50%, but I didn't purchase the Cobra that qualifies for that extra 50% so how did they know?

Most online places do this. It’s basically a little bit of bait and switch. They give you the “top dollar” you’ll receive but that of course comes with fine print. You’ll probably have to wait for them to receive the clubs to buy the new ones. I’ve done it a few times with different online shops and they’re all the same way.

Most online places do this. It’s basically a little bit of bait and switch. They give you the “top dollar” you’ll receive but that of course comes with fine print. You’ll probably have to wait for them to receive the clubs to buy the new ones. I’ve done it a few times with different online shops and they’re all the same way.

I am just going to have to call their customer service number. During the trade in process you can select the Cobra promo and it adds 50% to your total but it doesn't tell you when you need to place the order for the F9 driver.

I have traded with global golf numerous times. As long as u submit your trade in the same day u order, u will be fine. You get an email with a store credit once they receive your trade in. You then call them with the order number and they change it then

I have traded with global golf numerous times. As long as u submit your trade in the same day u order, u will be fine. You get an email with a store credit once they receive your trade in. You then call them with the order number and they change it then

So if you give them the order number showing you bought the new club, they will give you that amount back on your credit card?

I've never used the trade-in service, but I did just purchase a used driver from their site in "very good" condition. Arrived in better shape than I expected. They often have good sales, especially on used clubs.

Yep that is exactly how it works. It requires an extra call once you get the email of the store credit voucher, but they will credit it back to your credit card no problem. I do not know why they do it this way, but you will have no problems

I processed the trade in online and then placed my order online at the same time. With your online account you can link the trade to the purchase. That is how it knew to apply the extra 50% trade in on the eligible product. You pay in full at the time you buy and then they will credit you back once they receive your trade in and verify the condition. They had a couple of options for my custom order that I couldn't do online on their form so I called them after I placed the online order and then could then make the adjustments for lie angle and grips manually.

I processed the trade in online and then placed my order online at the same time. With your online account you can link the trade to the purchase. That is how it knew to apply the extra 50% trade in on the eligible product. You pay in full at the time you buy and then they will credit you back once they receive your trade in and verify the condition. They had a couple of options for my custom order that I couldn't do online on their form so I called them after I placed the online order and then could then make the adjustments for lie angle and grips manually.

Yeah I was worried that if I did the trade in and then purchased the club for full price, they wouldn't be able to put that money toward the purchase. If the trade in is a credit, I didn't want to get stuck with a $449 bill for the driver and get handed a store credit for $276 that I couldn't put toward the club i just bought and paid for. Thanks for the info, I have a little bit more peace of mind now doing it with GG.

Yeah I was worried that if I did the trade in and then purchased the club for full price, they wouldn't be able to put that money toward the purchase. If the trade in is a credit, I didn't want to get stuck with a $449 bill for the driver and get handed a store credit for $276 that I couldn't put toward the club i just bought and paid for. Thanks for the info, I have a little bit more peace of mind now doing it with GG.

Cool. you should see an option to apply the trade in to a purchase on the website after you've processed the trade in request first. It is pretty simple when you see it. If you send the the clubs immediately you should see the credit back to your credit card you used for the purchase within about 2 weeks once they get to inspect them to insure they are in a good condition.

GG processed my F9 iron purchase & club trade-in at the same time, and I had no issues at all; they credited my card a day after they received my trade-in clubs.

I am fighting with them now, it is not a lot of money so not worth much of a fight but it just irks me.
It certainly would have been better to know their policies upfront but that is on me.

Back