Goals for the 2013 season

Biggest goal for me this year is to lower my handicap to low double figures now that I have developed a reasonable and consistant swing. Big part of that for me will be my mental game as well so certainly have work to do during this year.

I would like to maintain tempo thru a round(not get too quick or too creative with shots)

Goal for 2013 is to bring my handicap down to 5 or lower and get the confidence to play in some competitive and semi competitive tournaments.

Single digits. I always say single digits. And to stop spraying 8 irons.

My swing has left me. I've looked back over the last couple months and the lowest score for a nine I've seen is 44. New short term goal: nine in 43 or better.

Course management and consistently shooting in the 70's. I think the first goal should take care of the second one.

My 2013 goal is to get my handicap to 15 or under. Getting more comfortable with my new swing, improved ball striking and of course better short game work (mostly putting) I hope will get me there. I've had a lot of ups and downs the past couple months... a bit discouraging as my progress was really solid end of last year, but I'm hopeful things will click soon.

My goal this year is to not put any pressure on myself and have great time on course no matter what my swing is doing that day.

My goal this year is to not put any pressure on myself and have great time on course no matter what my swing is doing that day.

Best goal I've heard yet.

For this year;

1. Have fun. It is a game after all.
2. General overall swing improvement. I am in the middle of lessons at GolfTEC to accomplish this.
3. Reduce the number of putts per round. The beginning of last year was awful. I think an average of 32 putts per round would be achievable.
4. All that should help me reduce my index. Single digit would be great.
5. Continue with my mental game improvement. Accepting the result of every shot, keeping my mind quiet and focused, being interested and engaged - calm and relaxed. And above all staying away from focusing on scores during my rounds.

in 2013...
1) win at least one tournament in my district
2) get my tournament scoring average within 1 stroke of par
3) become more consistent with hitting fairways and greens in reg.
4) attempt to qualify for a major amateur tournament.

My Biggest goal this season is to constantly break 80 on a regular basis.

Lately my driving has become strong, my iron play has been a tad suspect, but my srambling and bunker play is really hurting me. Putting though is starting to become really good.

my biggest goal is to lower my handicap, only been playing a few years and i am a 26 handicap, my problems start when i play from the medal tees and the my problem holes become serious problems. Starting to do well with my new equipment and shot by best of 88 which gave me 42 stableford points in my clubs winter stableford competition.I love stableford as you can have a bad hole and still do well, but with medal stoke play when i have a bad hole my card is ruined. My plan this year is to start focusing more on course management and my short game.

I want to break 80 this year. My PB is 81.

Looking back at last year I played well for about 2 months and managed to get to the final of my handicap club championship. I made a mess of that in terrible conditions. Nevermind, goals for this season are to forget about scoring low and focus on each shot. Too many times I think if i can go ... from here ill get my hcp cut, then i hit a double or worse. I know I can go low so i'll be happy to get to single figures from 11

Since I still haven't been able to get on a course yet this year, I'm revising my goal. Now I just want to make it through the entire season without someone saying, "Wow! That must've hurt!".

Some inspirational ideas here, having been away from the game for a number of years, my goals are:

Get the self confidence to play in a group with strangers.
Play in club medals/comps.
Get a handicap (29 years after first playing!!)

I want to:

1) Make my first birdie
2) Win the World Am

That's all.

I want to make an eagle really bad and I also want to break 80 or 40. My lowest round for 18 is 88 and 9 is 42. 9 will be a lot easier than 18 but it will be awesome the day I shoot in the 70s

I want to make an eagle really bad and I also want to break 80 or 40. My lowest round for 18 is 88 and 9 is 42. 9 will be a lot easier than 18 but it will be awesome the day I shoot in the 70s

Very similar to my goals as well. Good luck this season

Tapa Slice

Drop 2.5 shots to finish the season off 14....

Some inspirational ideas here, having been away from the game for a number of years, my goals are:

Get the self confidence to play in a group with strangers.
Play in club medals/comps.
Get a handicap (29 years after first playing!!)

One of my goals is to get my handicap set as well. I am just starting to get serious about playing and I need to get this done!

EDIT: I WENT AHEAD AND MADE A NEW THREAD ON THIS TOPIC. ANYONE WHO REPLIED TO THIS POST HERE, I HAVE MOVED TO THE THREAD BELOW:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?46368-2013-Mid-Season-report-card

So how is everyone doing on their 2013 goals?

I achieved a lot of my goals this year. What do I want to do next year?

• Break 80 a few times. I did it one time this year (in July) and want to see it at least a handful of times in 2013.
  • Get my handicap down to 14.0 or less. I got it down to 16.0 in July but couldn't keep it there.
  • Have zero three-digit rounds. I had a couple this year, as I seem to every year.
  • Play more. I played a LOT in 2012, so it will be tough to match, but as long as I play at every opportunity, that will suffice.
  • Have more rounds in the 80s than I do in the 90s.

That's a good start.
  • I haven't broke 80 yet, but I will. I have shot 40 on the front and 39 on the back, so it's doable from the blues this year.
  • It was down to 12.9, but that was only counting two rounds. So I can't count that. It's at 14.8 now counting four rounds. Have a few more rounds to get in before I can make the call on this one.
  • Haven't shot over 99 yet. Worst in 11 rounds is 95. Playing a really tough course I've never played before on Monday, so if I do it, it will be there.
  • Haven't played a lot. Been focusing more on work.
  • I have five rounds in the 80s and six in the 90s. But my last five have all been in the 80s.

Last edited:
Back