Golf Equipment Technology, do you NEED to know?

Do I need to know? No. Do I like to know and want to know? Yes! I like knowing the reasoning and tech behind product.

In this day in age of Golf Equipment the technology packed in to drivers, putters, irons, hybrids etc is crazy. So many equipment options for the golfer out there, all offering something just a bit different than the other.

My question to you in regards to this technology is this; Do you NEED to understand that technology before you game it? Do you NEED to know why you hit one ball farther than the other? Do you NEED to know why a driver with low spin doesnt work for you but a driver that is a higher spin head does?

I know personally, I like to have a general understanding about the equipment I am using, but I do not NEED to know the specific technology details on why/how it works. More so, I just need to know what works for me and to get that equipment in the bag and game it.

Thoughts?

No not really, I like seeing and learning about different kick points in shafts but for the balls and clubs I could care less, I like what I like and tech has no role.

Back