Owen

Love/Hate Relationship
Reaction score
Handicap
Am I in the minority here when I say that I don't like golf shorts? I have tried on several pair but I always feel they look "old manish" on me and are too short. I feel more comfortable just wearing some American Eagle (not cargo) shorts.

UPDATE: Bought my first pair of golf shorts today. Bought some Black Slazenger Manx at Dicks Sporting Goods. You guys made me feel bad for not wearing them, lol. Made me feel like I wasn't a real golfer. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for the peer pressure.

Last edited:
I think the answers are going to be yes...you are alone. There are some great golf shorts out there today...Nike, Adidas, Ashworth to name a few. Keep trying!!

I like the shorts you describe but I feel that they are awkward at address for some reason the baggy short legs distract me and my alignment.

I got a free pair of adidas climacool golf shorts-curtousy of adidas golf, and I love the way they feel and and look at address as silly as it sounds. . .plus you can really feel the coolbreeze through the material

Am I in the minority here when I say that I don't like golf shorts? I have tried on several pair but I always feel they look "old manish" on me and are too short. I feel more comfortable just wearing some American Eagle (not cargo) shorts.

What kind of brands are you trying on that are short and old man'ish?

With so many companies putting out shorts I am shocked you can't find some shorts to your liking. I actaully have not seen any short golf shorts, always to the knee. But if you like the below the knee shorts, then what thye have to offer would be too short for you.

There are plenty of styles that are a little younger looking. I really like adidas 3 stripe shorts.

Tapin for bird

I am working on "looking" at getting some fancy shorts, but I am comfortable in standard shorts and have a hard time looking at the price tag for just shorts. Don't have any "golf" shorts but keep looking for deals now and then. Coming months should provide an ample opportunity with them trying to make room for the long version.

I am working on "looking" at getting some fancy shorts, but I am comfortable in standard shorts and have a hard time looking at the price tag for just shorts. Don't have any "golf" shorts but keep looking for deals now and then. Coming months should provide an ample opportunity with them trying to make room for the long version.

I've seen recent Puma lines at TJ Maxx for 25 bucks or so.. That price is QUALITY!

What kind of brands are you trying on that are short and old man'ish?

I tried on some Nike, Slazenger, and Under Armour at Dicks Sporting Goods. They all said Flat Front, yet still had a crease in the front that gives them that "old man" look. None of them came down quite as far as my normal shorts which just felt odd. Maybe it was just the style I was trying.

check out the outlet malls and ross/marshall/burlington, they have so great stuff for cheap

If you are looking for shorts that are longer I would give Sligo a shot, they are the longest "golf" shorts that I have seen.

I tried on some Nike, Slazenger, and Under Armour at Dicks Sporting Goods. They all said Flat Front, yet still had a crease in the front that gives them that "old man" look. None of them came down quite as far as my normal shorts which just felt odd. Maybe it was just the style I was trying.

You should check out golf galaxy.. Adidas, travis matthew, Sligo, Puma... There are tons of options.

That said, you must be a pretty tall guy. I'm about 6'3 and have never had an issue with any of those brands.

The crease is just that, a crease, if you wash them and don't fold them there will be no crease.

Try some Nadas tennis shorts..They should be long enough

check out the outlet malls and ross/marshall/burlington, they have so great stuff for cheap

Funny you mentioned that, I actually picked up a couple shirts from both the outlets and the other retailers a few weeks ago.

I love the golf/moisture wicking shorts. Will not wear anything else golfing. (Until temps say otherwise)

I love my golf shorts. I actually bought some pga tour brand shorts that look and feel great. If you are worried about the crease just run an iron over them and its gone.

Seriously. Tappin'.

I have adidas/nike/sligo shorts and I feel that the length (right around the knees) is perfect. I have some adidas 3 stripes that are a tad longer (11" inseam) and some sligo shorts that are the same. Quality golf shorts FTW!

Maybe give capri pants a shot :messed:

Have you perchance tried the jort? It's an exciting option.

I like these threads, because I have played maybe twice in this country wearing shorts. I'd love to buy some golf shorts.

I love shorts, but i know what you're talking about with the crease. I got the Nike Flat Front Tech Golf Shorts from Dick's and they had that stupid crease. I can't get it out for nothing either. I hate pleats, it's not as bad a pleat is but it's not really the flat front look either. I will wear a pair of the AE or Jcrew flat front khaki shorts in a pinch, but i love the lightweight and breath ability of the golf shorts (usually either Nike or Adidas, under armour was too tight in the junk area)

The only golf specific shorts I own are a pair of walter hagen which I picked up at GG. I only bought them because of the color, but they are the most comfortable pair I own.

All of my other shorts are Tommy Hilfiger before they introduced their golf line. The only down side is they are not moisture wicking

I like my golf shorts so much I just wear them around as shorts off the course. Kohl's has been great for me in that I can find shorts that I like, try them on, and not pay a lot of money for them.

Check out Izod, they have a great outlet store in Rehoboth Beach, DE and they are some of the best shorts for golf I have even worn. They are very light and even have the stretch waist band. I have 3 pairs of shorts and bought a pair of pants as well for when the weather changes.

I like my golf shorts so much I just wear them around as shorts off the course. Kohl's has been great for me in that I can find shorts that I like, try them on, and not pay a lot of money for them.

I'll have to second this. Kohl's has some pretty decent prices on golf clothing, especially if you can catch a good sale.
The Haggar golf shorts that they carry are quite comfortable.

I'll have to second this. Kohl's has some pretty decent prices on golf clothing, especially if you can catch a good sale.
The Haggar golf shorts that they carry are quite comfortable.

Yes sir, the Cool 18 line is great. Very light and breathable and if you get the pleated ones they come right out of the dryer wrinkle free and with the crease looking like it was freshly ironed. I find that last part amazing.

Back