GolferAid - Better Golf In a Can

Wonder how long it will be before people start mixing GolferAid with Vodka.

Give me a can and it will take less than 30 seconds.

I guess your right if you look at it from that point of view. Those energy drinks are nothing but crap in a can, if you could get that kind of energy but healthy as well I guess its win win. I've never bought into those energy drinks, never realized they were going for $3 for those little thin cans! Wonder how long it will be before people start mixing GolferAid with Vodka.

It would be like a greyhound from the heavens of mount nutrition...I kid I kid.

Oof. I forgot its price. It depends how long it lasts. Some say take one every 9 holes or even up to 4 in a round. They're about 1.00-1.50 a piece so they can be just as much or more depending how happy you get. I wouldn't take 4 a round unless I'm getting them for free. That gets way way too expensive fast

+1 Just drink a $1 bottle of gatoraid.

I am a big fan of grapefruit, so if it works I will have to try this stuff. $3 is about what a gatorade costs at the course so I would substitute it for one of these if they were beneficial.

I don't know why so many are directly comparing the price to other drinks on the market. I highly doubt this product will be mass marketed towards every superstore, grocery store, gas station, etc like the most popular energy drinks, popular sports drinks, etc are distributed. Since those items are so widespread, it is pretty easy to find them on sale for far less than normal price. Most of these drinks usually retail for $2-$3 at list price. Since this is a specialty item and will be sold in limited locations, it will most likely sell at list price most of the time.

I am far more interested in seeing where the price falls compared to other drinks at golf courses, ranges, pro shops, etc. Most non-alcoholic drinks are $3 or so around here so I don't see it being too far out of range.

I liken it to comparing the price of mass distributed beers (bud, bud light, etc) to specialty beers (alaska, boulevard, etc). Both are beer, but are appealing to much different market segments.

I'm more interested in the aftertaste. I can't drink a lot of drinks because of the taste it leaves in your mouth several minutes later (Coke Zero is my best example).

I'll have to try this. I'm a energy drink junky. I do like the carbonation though lol. I'll still check these out.

I don't know why so many are directly comparing the price to other drinks on the market. I highly doubt this product will be mass marketed towards every superstore, grocery store, gas station, etc like the most popular energy drinks, popular sports drinks, etc are distributed. Since those items are so widespread, it is pretty easy to find them on sale for far less than normal price. Most of these drinks usually retail for $2-$3 at list price. Since this is a specialty item and will be sold in limited locations, it will most likely sell at list price most of the time.

I am far more interested in seeing where the price falls compared to other drinks at golf courses, ranges, pro shops, etc. Most non-alcoholic drinks are $3 or so around here so I don't see it being too far out of range.

I liken it to comparing the price of mass distributed beers (bud, bud light, etc) to specialty beers (alaska, boulevard, etc). Both are beer, but are appealing to much different market segments.

I'm more interested in the aftertaste. I can't drink a lot of drinks because of the taste it leaves in your mouth several minutes later (Coke Zero is my best example).

That is one thing I liked a lot about this drink, there as no aftertaste, at least not for me. I can't stand the nasty aftertaste of a lot of energy drinks and other drinks like Coke Zero, and even sports drinks. I feel like sports drinks leave a thick, sugary, film on my teeth that I can't stand, but I didn't have any of that with this.

I just read that they donate a portion of their proceeds to golf programs for disadvantaged youth.That's really cool of them, wish they named which one it was.

How about a combo of 1st Tee/10th Tee energy bar, and a GolferAid? Extra boost and focus?

I just ordered a 4 pack, I'll post my thoughts when it gets here. The price doesn't bother me for what they say is in it and shipping was cheap, hell I pay $5 a day for my morning smoothie at a local coffee shop. If I like it I'll probably sign up for the players club, I like the automatic delivery option. Coming off a back surgery I'll need all the help I can get in the spring haha.

I just ordered a 4 pack, I'll post my thoughts when it gets here. The price doesn't bother me for what they say is in it and shipping was cheap, hell I pay $5 a day for my morning smoothie at a local coffee shop. If I like it I'll probably sign up for the players club, I like the automatic delivery option. Coming off a back surgery I'll need all the help I can get in the spring haha.

I am really looking forward to your feedback. I am also very curious what you think of the taste. As I mentioned, I really like the way it tastes, and it's lack of aftertaste, but I just can't smell it because it does have a strong vitamin smell. Oh, and definitely drink them cold, they taste way better that way.

GolferAid arrived today, it's in the fridge getting cold right now. I'll post my initial thoughts later on tonight when I get a chance to try one.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
So after having a few I would have to say I'm a fan. I can't comment on the helping your golf game part of it yet as I can't swing until spring post back surgery. I do like the taste and the slight carbonation is nice. The smell doesn't really bother me, the vitamin smell is there but not over powering. I'd recommend drinking right out of the can, to me it helps mask the smell a bit compared to pouring it in a glass. But of course you get the smell as your drinking it either way.

As a morning pick me up before work I like it so far over sodas or energy drinks, I'm not a coffee drinker. Seems to be longer lasting and no sugar crash.

I'm going to email my regular course the link to their website to see if I can get them to carry it.

Thanks for the thoughts, MF.

I'm a pharmacist by trade. From a pharmaceutical point of view I can't see how they can back up their claims. If they were true every doctor and pharmacist would have been taking a home brew of this for years. From a personal point of view. I take a sports multivitamin and am quite fond of energy drinks especially before sport as I think they help with my concentration and co-ordination. So scientifically I think it's probably talked itself up a bit but i'd be willing to give it a shot and see. Always good to keep an open mind.

The taste wasn't too bad, it does taste a lot like Grapefruit and mango.

Saw some benefit, but don't know for sure how to quantify it, I think I'll stick with my nuun for sure.

The taste wasn't too bad, it does taste a lot like Grapefruit and mango.

Saw some benefit, but don't know for sure how to quantify it, I think I'll stick with my nuun for sure.
Pretty much what I saw out of it too.

Didnt care for the taste. And when it was warm, even worse.

Pretty much what I saw out of it too.

Didnt care for the taste. And when it was warm, even worse.

Makes sense why they tell you to chill it. Mask the taste a bit I'm sure.

Back