Golfs Shoe Styles - Has Your Tastes Changed?

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Just over the last week or two alone THP has exposed us all to a myriad of different brands, types and styles, so much so that it almost makes one's head spin when looking for the pair for you. From the Ecco Golf Street to the Ecco Biom, or Allen Edmonds, Nike Dunk and Lunar, Stuberts, Adidas Porsche and my personal favorite the Tour 360 ATV also by Adidas.

When I first joined THP I thought FJ was the only company out there, lol, and until this year never would have even considered anything but a classical style, but things change and you change or get left behind I guess.

Has your tastes in shoes changed and has THP helped by giving you a view of what all is out there?

Good thread duey, my taste hasn't changed in the sense that shoes that used to appeal to me still do, but to say that THP hasn't opened my eyes to different styles would be lie.

Oddly, THP has done just the opposite for me, Duey. I have always preferred sportier golf shoes, but THP has gotten me interested in some of the classic designs.

I have been an Ecco fan for a long time now. My style has me leaning towards the "street shoe" side of things but I have not found anything I like better than the Ecco's to date. Can't wait to get my hands on the Biom version with the "street" sole.

Pretty interesting so far. I'm no fan, at this point, of the "street shoes" yet the sporty versions really have my attention. Then there's young Hawkster who is moving towards the classic, interesting.

I'm always grateful to learn about new products but I despise this athletic/sporty looking golf shoe trend. I'm a traditionalist in the shoe department.

I don't thinkk my personal preferences have changed, but I have opened up more to other brands and styles... some of which I have really liked, but not enough to pull the trigger on them.

I'm always grateful to learn about new products but I despise this athletic/sporty looking golf shoe trend. I'm a traditionalist in the shoe department.

Wow, I never would have guessed that. Just figured you for the sporty shoe type, lol. I never guessed I would ever like anything but the classic either though.

I'm almost glad I don't have the cash or room for a bunch of shoes, liz has plenty, haha.

Good thread duey, my taste hasn't changed in the sense that shoes that used to appeal to me still do, but to say that THP hasn't opened my eyes to different styles would be lie.

Just curious, but what style is your favorite?

I've changed a bit over the past couple of years. I have gone almost a hundred percent spikeless the past couple of years. I've been wearing a pair of Adidas running shoes most of the time. I have a couple of different pairs I switch back and forth depending what clothes I'm wearing. The soles are pretty much the same as most true spikeless golf shoes at half the money. I just bought a pair of True Linkswear Tour in white but have yet to wear them.

i think it has a little bit for me. i love the ecco streets for hitting the range or par 3 or the local dog track and but i still like wearing the classics on the nicer courses i play. nice to mix it up a little bit

I think my tastes have stayed the same however thanks to THP I've been exposed to more styles and brands of shoes that now get tried whereas before they wouldn't

Oddly, THP has done just the opposite for me, Duey. I have always preferred sportier golf shoes, but THP has gotten me interested in some of the classic designs.

x2. I always used to have sporty, sneakery golf shoes and now, because of THP I decided on classic looking ones and won't go back....

I like them all. The more the merrier. I like golf shoes.

And pretty much own them all too. :clapp:

I'm a tennis shoe (and hat) OCD freak. I have too many shoes to count and now have started a new addiction to Golf Shoes. Currently I only own 4 pair but that has doubled this year thanks to THP. I'm mostly gaming a "tennis shoe style" but original shoes I owned were of the "classic" variety. I love the style that Nike and Ecco are bringing to the table. I think you said it best in the OP duey, "Change or get left behind" though I don't know that you'd get left behind per say when it comes to golf shoes, but the technical aspects of shoes seem to improve much like clubs. Just not at the same rate yet...

Should have figured that from you JB, lol. No style you tend to gravitate towards more than another?

By the way, thanks for keeping me up on what all is out there.
Tap,Tap,Tap

Is this the thread to ask you specifics?

I'm a tennis shoe (and hat) OCD freak. I have too many shoes to count and now have started a new addiction to Golf Shoes. Currently I only own 4 pair but that has doubled this year thanks to THP. I'm mostly gaming a "tennis shoe style" but original shoes I owned were of the "classic" variety. I love the style that Nike and Ecco are bringing to the table. I think you said it best in the OP duey, "Change or get left behind" though I don't know that you'd get left behind per say when it comes to golf shoes, but the technical aspects of shoes seem to improve much like clubs. Just not at the same rate yet...

Well said. I myself o.ly have two pairs and one pair won't be back out next year, so the decision to go sports or classic is a big one. I'm just not into the sneaky sneakers yet.

Tap,Tap,Tap

think I feel about the same way--maybe despise is a touch strong for me but like the old styles the best--in fact going to order me some kilties to dress up the shoes!!

Heck yes duey. But not only shoes. Shirts, shorts, clubs, everything has changed for me in the last three years.

I actually refused to wear golf shoes for the longest time because I hated how they looked...I didnt want dress shoes. The new pumas are perfect for my style since they are not crazy like these nike dunk things but are a more "normal" style for me.

JB is pulling your leg. He doesn't like golf shoes at all. I mean, he only owns a couple or 40 pairs.

Oh yea, my tastes have changed over the years.
I use to wear only the "athletic" style shoes for a few years.
Then I switched over to black only.
Now I am hooked on the Adidas black stripes on white.
I just love my AdiPures !

I think it's really fantastic that there's so much variety to choose from. Even FootJoy is evolving and offering shoes that are not classically styled. Here's the one I'm currently wearing, and it's comfortable and stylish IMO.

SPRLTEUROWHTBRN

If I wasn't wearing FootJoy, I'd probably be in one of the more athletic varieties from Adidas. There's no break in period with Adidas shoes. Just put em on and they're comfortable from the first swing.

Back