GolfSight for Google Glass - wow

kenh

Over the top
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
short game
I think I may now have a reason to actually care about all the buzz over Google Glass.

Home site is http://golfsight.skydroid.net/

Bonus points for doing the video at a course I actually have heard of.

[ Edit / Disclaimer : I have no relationship at all with this company, I just found the site/video online and thought that other THP'ers would find this interesting too. ]

Last edited:
That's pretty cool but I wonder how distracting it would be, you know golfers can be a fickle bunch.

Okay that is pretty darn cool .

Thats awesome. I need some

I generally have disliked the privacy implications of google glass but damn that's slick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! just imagine how much further that technology could go!

Looks really good, but just makes me wonder where is the limit for 'too much information', and does it reduce the need for a player to think about their shot selection, conditions, and make personal judgments. Love the concept though.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to ruin a great game with that. Not interested at all.

Looks really good, but just makes me wonder where is the limit for 'too much information', and does it reduce the need for a player to think about their shot selection, conditions, and make personal judgments. Love the concept though.

If the GPS and range finders that everyone carries haven't done that already, I don't see why this would.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Very interesting I would be worried that I would drop them and with there cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't given google glass a single thought until now. That was impressive

If the GPS and range finders that everyone carries haven't done that already, I don't see why this would.

While I agree I think that range finders and GPS give you a really specific range of information. These glasses start to move towards a game where it flashes up your stats for the previous 50 shots for this club at this range and tell you that statistically from this dog leg where you are standing you have to hit an 8 iron etc and that if you don't you might not clear the tree on the right, and it highlights those additional risk factors for you.

Like I said while its great and really interesting I think its just that step too far in information processing for a game where its not just about how well you hit it, but how well you can think through a shot and make judgement calls.

That's pretty solid right there. Although I imagine it'd be hard to concentrate with that in my eyesight....But I'd certainly give it a try. Super cool.

Well that was awesome. InstaGPS

Its very cool , I was set up to beta the GoogleGlass , but what stopped me was $1200 for a pair of Googleglass and at the time no way for setting it up for Tri-focal glasses that I wear , so I passed .

Meh. It's cool but I would still rather have a stand alone GPS and/or range finder. Thanks for sharing that.

I would love to have something like that. Would be so convenient if it didn't bother you.

I can just picture this built into a set of Oakley G30 XLJ lenses paired with my Fast Jacket frames. Perfect.

This is very cool

I watched as if I was wearing it--made me feel dizzy--get that stuff off my eye! Had to rub my eye thinking of it sitting there in the top corner haunting me. Would drive me bonkers--I usually don't even wear shades unless I have to, because if they are not spotless it bugs me.

That looks pretty cool. I think the box might be distracting, but I would give it a try. I can envision the evolution where the numbers are fairly translucent, and numbers hovering over the pin. Advancement in this type of technology is inevitable.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Very cool, but I can't even play with shades, unless it's aviators :D

I like the commercials but I question its actual use in real life. Alot of commercials (like for video games) use separately rendered graphics and accelerate them rather than actual game footage for speed. I think THP needs to call google and get some test units.

Am I the only one that thinks all this new technology is horrible? Like said in a previous post does anyone think when they golf anymore or do they need some sort of technology to tell them what exact yardage they are away and what club to hit now a days? For some people I think this would be cool (the guys really into tech) but for the average golfer this stuff really bugs me. Whats next a robot that hits the ball for you? Even range finders are more than anyone needs. Is it that tough to pace it from the 100/150/200 yard marker to where u are standing? I understand people like gadgets, but there are such better things golfers could be spending their money on to improve their games. Just my opinion

Back