GolfTrak Launch Monitor App

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool new app. More info at https://golftrak.app

1711646515832.png

GolfTrak is a freemium model app. The app itself is free to download and use – it will give you data tiles (Ball Speed, Launch Angle Horizontal, Launch Angle Vertical, Back Spin, Shot Shape, Club Path, Shot Shape, Distance/Carry)

The bold items are measured above, and the others are calculated using AI models. By using just the camera in your phone, GolfTrak uses proprietary models and algorithms to piece the photos together and provide precise analysis on your golf swing. GolfTrak have introduced sophisticated machine learning models to help train it to recognise new environments and improve as you record more shots.

1711647028489.png

According the company, they are within a +/- 5% accuracy range with GCQuad. With GolfTrak you can play the best golf simulation software – e6 Connect, GS Pro, Awesome Golf (soon), and even PGA 2k21 (23 soon and we are working on EA Sports PGA Tour). These are on a subscription, ranging from $99 to $299 per year.

The phone taking the place of a launch monitor offers an intriguing proposition.

that is nuts. I know cell phone cameras are crazy good, but the code behind the scenes to make something like this work must be insane. +/- 5% accuracy?!?!

Well that's interesting for sure.

definitely interesting. Also being able to play sim golf with it...esp on GSPro and soon 2k23 + EA Sports PGA is pretty damn cool.

curiosity GIF

Works outdoors at the range too. Very interesting.

Hope it becomes available for android.

This will be an awesome tool if it actually works.

This will be an awesome tool if it actually works.
From what I'm seeing, downloading and using the app is free. Just have to pay if you want to tie into sim software. Hopefully some people give it a try an post their experiences.

From what I'm seeing, downloading and using the app is free. Just have to pay if you want to tie into sim software. Hopefully some people give it a try an post their experiences.
I'm downloading it now. Can't get to the range today due to other obligations, but I'll be taking it out to test it soon.

It works in my limited testing so far.
I know you have a GC Quad, have you had a chance to compare the accuracy?

I know you have a GC Quad, have you had a chance to compare the accuracy?
I do have a GCQuad, but use my SkyTrak+ almost exclusively.
I have not had a chance to compare. Just hit about 5 balls today with the app to see if it would register. It did.

Whelp, not an encouraging start. It crashes every time I try to open it. :LOL: Hard booted my phone, still does the same.

The phone taking the place of a launch monitor offers an intriguing proposition.
I was thinking the same thing. This could be a huge thing

Hmm. I’m tempted to download it right now and go hit a few balls on the football field real quick

Deleted and re-downloaded it, still crashes immediately every time I try to open it.

Super interested. Just downloaded the app and will try to test it out this weekend.

Definitely will give this app a shot this weekend and will report back with my findings.

This is kind of mind blowing

Definitely will give this app a shot this weekend and will report back with my findings.
Welp, of course, there is no app for Android 😥

I will definitely be downloading this app. Not sure when I'll be able to try it.

I got it downloaded. I'm at work so I can't try it out yet. Will try it out then post my thoughts. Not sure on when though. Was able to create my account and login successfully.

downloaded it but don't have a tripod to set my phone up or I would have gone out behind the tennis courts here at school to try it out. One day this weekend I'll grab the one and home and try iton the range somewhere.

Back