Graphite Design Tour AD VF Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new 2024 Graphite Design Tour AD VF ‘Victory Force’ wood shafts will be available beginning October 6, 2023 through Pro’s Choice Golf Shafts, Inc. and their Authorized Dealer network in the United States, Europe, Australia, Canada, South America, South Africa, and the UAE.

Brand new for 2024, the Tour AD VF shafts were designed and are manufactured at the Graphite Design Japan factory headquarters. The Tour AD VF wood shafts are jet black with red and silver accents, and finished with a gloss clear coat.
The Tour AD VF, like all the other high performance Tour AD wood shafts, utilizes premium, aerospace quality carbon-fiber materials and are available in 40g R2, R1 and S flex, 50g R2, R1, S and X flex, 60g SR, S, X and TX flex, 70g S, X and TX flex and 80g X flex.

TourADVF1.png

The Tour AD VF shaft profile is Firm in the butt section, Stiff+ in the center section and has a Very Stiff tip to promote Low/Mid launch angles and Low-ball spin rates. The Tour AD VF shafts utilizes the modern TORAYCA® M40X carbon-fiber material in the butt section of the shaft to support a stiff, yet smooth feeling kick point and the ultra-high modulus TORAYCA® T1100G carbon-fiber material in the middle thru to the tip section of the shaft for unrivaled shaft stability and precise ball control without the loss of the exceptional feel that Graphite Design shafts are so well known for.

Good looking shaft. Probably too low launching for me but would love to give it a try.

Nice to see some new colors in their lineup. Sounds like it’s for big swingers

Saw a pic of this on social yesterday, it’s a BEEFY profile for sure based on those specs.

Makes me want to swing it more!

Love the look! Coining a term from a friend yesterday- they appear "Angry" in profile haha.

Definitely seems stout.

Like the different color scheme. Might have to give this one a try. Sounds like it's a little off what I like.

Victory Force and red and black.. Wonder where they got that combo idea from? lol

the shaft sounds interesting. Lots of high end materials in there. Would love to try it.

Oooo that could be a fun one to try

Hmm this might be worth a try… sounds like a sweet shaft!!

Probably too stout for me but I like the design (y)

Sounds like a GP profile replacement. Challenger of Ventus Black and TR Black.

Last edited:
Great looking shaft, but probably too low launching for my game.

looks awesome. probably too stout for me but my eyes likey

I’ve been dabbling with Graphite Design shafts the past year and a half and have tried many of them now and have had outstanding results with the Tour AD DI 7S paired with the Cobra LTDx 15 degree 3 wood set at 16.5.

This new one looks like an update of the the Tour AD GP shaft with newer materials. Probably not a good fit for me personally. I expect there are a lot of people out there that would like it though as it is different from a lot of the other shafts in the line up.

Will look forward to the reviews.

That looks really nice i like the color combo.

Sounds and looks good, but low launch and spin is not for me.

Looks like this is the replacement for AD GP which worked very well for me in the past.

Awesome color way and instantly my biggest intrigue right now

The VR's great! To me it feels and plays like a better AD XC. The XC hit some low spin bombs, but was so soft in the handle that it never really worked for me. The VR's tip is stiff, but it's not going to get excessively boardy. The low/low is not super apparent either, but I could flight it lower with a bit more ease, which is nice. It's actually got more of a snap/crack feel at impact, relative to other Graphite Design shafts IMO.

The new 2024 Graphite Design Tour AD VF ‘Victory Force’ wood shafts will be available beginning October 6, 2023 through Pro’s Choice Golf Shafts, Inc. and their Authorized Dealer network in the United States, Europe, Australia, Canada, South America, South Africa, and the UAE.

Brand new for 2024, the Tour AD VF shafts were designed and are manufactured at the Graphite Design Japan factory headquarters. The Tour AD VF wood shafts are jet black with red and silver accents, and finished with a gloss clear coat.
The Tour AD VF, like all the other high performance Tour AD wood shafts, utilizes premium, aerospace quality carbon-fiber materials and are available in 40g R2, R1 and S flex, 50g R2, R1, S and X flex, 60g SR, S, X and TX flex, 70g S, X and TX flex and 80g X flex.

TourADVF1.png

The Tour AD VF shaft profile is Firm in the butt section, Stiff+ in the center section and has a Very Stiff tip to promote Low/Mid launch angles and Low-ball spin rates. The Tour AD VF shafts utilizes the modern TORAYCA® M40X carbon-fiber material in the butt section of the shaft to support a stiff, yet smooth feeling kick point and the ultra-high modulus TORAYCA® T1100G carbon-fiber material in the middle thru to the tip section of the shaft for unrivaled shaft stability and precise ball control without the loss of the exceptional feel that Graphite Design shafts are so well known for.
Tiger Woods has officially switched to a Graphite Design Tour AD VF shaft this week for the 2023 Hero world challenge!

If my mind serves me correctly, a couple of months ago Justin Thomas switched to the Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 5 X shaft (in his Titleist TSR3 driver) because Thomas wanted a longer driver option - HE FOUND 15 MORE YARDS!

I just ordered one from our supplier and couldn't be more excited to game it...(*fingers crossed*)

Thanks for the post...

I just watched a Club Champion video where Ian hit this in both a 5x and 5s. Even with club speed around 115 (IIRC) and ball speed around 170, he preferred the S. He got about 17 more yards carry, although dispersion was not quite as good.

If the 5s was holding up to that kind of club speed, it must be a pretty beefy shaft.

I just watched a Club Champion video where Ian hit this in both a 5x and 5s. Even with club speed around 115 (IIRC) and ball speed around 170, he preferred the S. He got about 17 more yards carry, although dispersion was not quite as good.

If the 5s was holding up to that kind of club speed, it must be a pretty beefy shaft.
17 more yards carry in S vs X?!? Whoa.

17 more yards carry in S vs X?!? Whoa.
Yeah, the dispersion was not as good, at least initially, but they got it dialed in at the end with settings on the TSR3 head that Ian was using. The difference in ball speed was quite compelling. Their point was that we need to be careful about trying to fit solely off of the recommended club speeds for each flex that are generally available through the manufacturers. We know that, but this video was exhibit A of its truth.

Yeah, the dispersion was not as good, at least initially, but they got it dialed in at the end with settings on the TSR3 head that Ian was using. The difference in ball speed was quite compelling. Their point was that we need to be careful about trying to fit solely off of the recommended club speeds for each flex that are generally available through the manufacturers. We know that, but this video was exhibit A of its truth.
fitting strikes again! ;)

Any updates on this shaft? Last thing I should do is blind order a shaft, but thinking about either 5s or 6s in my TSR2. It’s still trying to find a way to kick out a G430 LST and this might help.

Back